Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

The World Has Little Use For A Suburban American Single Family Home Priced Over $250K
Business Insider ^ | 04/26/2012 | Gregor MacDonald

Posted on 04/26/2012 6:44:30 AM PDT by SeekAndFind

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-56 last

Boop the Bank Robber’s Nose!

Don’t Let Him Get Away With It!

Donate monthly to help abolish FReepathons
Sponsors will bark up $10 for each new monthly sign-up
Another sponsor will contribute $25 for each new Dollar-a-Day donor

51 posted on 04/26/2012 9:58:37 AM PDT by TheOldLady (FReepmail me to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Freedom_Is_Not_Free

It’s not a European village, but my neighborhood is single family homes on half acre lots, and to the west and south of my house, there is forest. But within a mile or so of my house, there is: two grocery stores (one inexpensive, one upscale), two coffee shops, an ice cream shop, a few pizzarias, a Home Depot, Kohl’s, Costco, Target, and a few chain restaurants.

Walkable suburbs exist. In fact, I can think of quite a few around my town. Just have to look.

52 posted on 04/26/2012 10:07:26 AM PDT by Publius Valerius
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Freestate316

Like this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabrini%e2%80%93Green

53 posted on 04/26/2012 10:35:51 AM PDT by US Navy Vet (Go Packers! Go Rockies! Go Boston Bruins! See, I'm "Diverse"!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: SeekAndFind

Stay with other unarmed Libs in cities, where low-income can sit next to Dem yuppies....it’s all good.

Now stay the F away from me, Commie Greentard.

54 posted on 04/26/2012 10:40:14 AM PDT by wac3rd (Somewhere in Hell, Ted Kennedy snickers.....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: SeekAndFind

“California Declares War on Suburbia”
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303302504577323353434618474.html

55 posted on 04/26/2012 12:09:17 PM PDT by twistedwrench
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: yefragetuwrabrumuy

There are some towns that put in restrictions on big box stores to try and support their M&P shops. I know Davis, CA to this day will not let Wal-Mart move in and the town has a great downtown with some unique shops and places to eat at and what supports it as well is it is a college town.

There is a different town I have family which is Jackson OH and they have a super Wal-Mart but go through their downtown and it is pretty well dead except for a state liquor store. I also been to some small towns in Kansas and Wal Mart is the only game and nothing else. Like Hays KS for example.

> Importantly, when some city sets up a “downtown” district to feature small, local businesses, giant corporation franchises are there in a heartbeat to take advantage of the opportunity as well. But in the process they poison it, because they strip any local color away for their mass produced products made with minimum wage workers.

56 posted on 04/26/2012 1:10:00 PM PDT by CORedneck
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-56 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson