Skip to comments.The Democratic Party, This One, Not My Parents
Posted on 04/26/2012 8:06:27 AM PDT by Why So Serious
I was born in Chicago in a working class family. My father drove a truck and my mother was a stay at home mom until I went to high school at which time she became a nurse. They were Democrats. You know, back when the Democratic Party was the party of the working class.
Well, a lot has happened since the 70s. Reagan told us we needed less government. Reagan-Democrats agreed with him and move toward the Republican ideal (I was the first Reagan-Democrat, became voting age in 1980 and was the first Republican in my family).
It was at this point that the Democrats realized that there was no hope for their party if they were the party of the working class, for the working class was moving away. They had to become the party of someone else.. THE POOR! But they were quick to learn that there was not enough poor. Not too worry. A grand plan. Create more poor. And that is exactly what they embarked on since the 70s. Creating more poor. They know that if there is a large block of poor and you promise to give them what they want and make some one else pay for it, they will follow. It has worked better than they ever planned. A large amount of the working class people had children that today are falling from the working class into the poor class and becoming Democrats. For different reasons than their parents were. I know childhood friends that LOVE Obama because he promises to do for them what would make their parents roll over in their graves.
And if the Democrats are not stopped, we will all be poor before they are done.
I am in the 1% because I want the best for family. What does that say about the other 99%?
The GOP = the Neo Democrat party.
Would some Democrats of the past, such as JFK, Scoop Jackson, or Sam Nunn, be Democrats today? Would they have a home in today’s Democrat party, which has become increasingly liberal and rigid in its ideology?
If taxes weren't so high, families would have a whole paycheck. They wouldn't need assistance.
Taxes used to be so low, one family member could work and support an entire large family, as well as contribute 10% of their income to the church. But now, what's left of the tax paying slaves can barely feed a small family with two paychecks.
When a politician says their here to help YOU, don't believe them. They're here to destroy you. They like their power and luxurious lifestyles, and they're not going to give up their vote buying money and royal mansions without a fight.
There is no way!
There is no way that JFK could get elected today as a Democrat. Could you imagine a Democrat saying something like ... “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!”
There is no way!
Today JFK would be laughed off the DNC stage.
The same can be said for the GOP. It is hell for leather in a death spiral to the left.
Great post! Sounds a lot like my story.
the first part of JFK’s inaugural address wouldn’t pass muster. hell, his address wouldn’t make it through the first 2 paragraphs today.
and you don’t even come close to getting to the ‘ask not....” part without the first part.
and the current RATS don’t even realize that.
read his address here: http://www.bartleby.com/124/pres56.html
paragraph 10 stinks but paragraph 11 & 12 ? man, no RAT ever quotes that.
The Democrat Party = the Neo-Communist Party
Me too.I had just turned 20 in 1980 and was raised by liberal democrats.My Mother just the other day said something to he effect of “you know your Father was a union man” meaning I should be too.I told her so is my husband but that I wasn’t stupid enough to be a democrat.She dropped the subject.
I was 18 and when I told my father, also a union man that I voted for Reagan he wasnt happy to say the least. He ended up voting for Reagan for his second term :)
The radicals of 1968 (inside and outside the convention center) became the New Democrat party.
As the excesses of the Left embarrassed some liberal politicians, they switched to the Republican Party. That lurched the GOP left because the RINOs were too cowardly to take back their OWN party.
The Socialists have infested the DNC (and newsrooms and academia) for many years now.
Funny how so many GOP candidates for the White House weren’t Republicans until after GHWBush’s presidency. It wasn’t like they said “THERE is a guy I want to emulate”.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.