Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: libertarian27

We all should know how butter is made...by churning milk or cream. Now what would you get if you used chocolate milk?

Chocolate Butter! And it also looks alot like Foie gras when it’s rolled and cooled.

Use 8 ounces of heavy cream and 3 ounces of chocolate syrup and put it in a food processor. Run that thing for a while, until it looks like grey whipped cream.

That stuff is delicious right there, but you want to push past that until it breaks. It will separate into a choco colored liquid, and a lighter colored solid.

Line a bowl with quite a few layers of cheese cloth and pour that whole messy looking thing into the bowl.

Wrap the cheese cloth around the solids and squeeze out the liquid. And now you have “Chocolate Butter”!

Surely someone has done this before but I find no mention of this in my internet searches, all I seem to find is “chocolate butter cream”.

14 posted on 04/28/2012 3:14:07 PM PDT by perfect stranger (Nobama)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: perfect stranger

Neat idea!

You can market it and be sued by that wacko that sued Nutella because she thought it was healthy...guess she wasn’t that much of a ditz - the suit won 3Million.

A very cool idea indeed!
I made butter once in girl scouts - pretty good, but chocolate butter would be even better!

15 posted on 04/28/2012 3:50:43 PM PDT by libertarian27 (Check my profile page for the FReeper Online Cookbook 2011)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

I have a dumb question, but since no one knows me maybe it is safe to ask. Why does homemade butter smell so bad and bought butter does not? I can eat the bought kind but can’t stand to be in the kitchen with homemade. My mother and grandmother both made butter, and my neighbor makes butter now. I can’t stand the stuff. What gives?

22 posted on 04/29/2012 4:48:09 AM PDT by Library Lady

That would be really good on and in a lot of deserts.

24 posted on 04/29/2012 11:23:06 AM PDT by Netizen (Path to citizenship = Scamnesty. If you give it away, more will come.)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson