Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Amy's Place ... Poetry and Potpourri ... May, 2012
5-1-2012 | JustAmy; St.Louie1; MamaBear; Billie; Meg33, Friends

Posted on 04/30/2012 10:02:37 PM PDT by JustAmy

Welcome To....

'Amy's Place' welcomes all poets
and those who enjoy poetry.
'Amy's Place' is more than just about poetry.
Come in, relax, and share with fellow FReepers
your thoughts about any of the things on the *Menu*.

Enjoy! :)

Never Forget!

Bad Penny

Amy's personal guardian ~
the ever charming, lovable, huggable,

LouieWolf

Many thanks for stopping by. : )

TOPICS: Humor; Miscellaneous; Poetry; The Poetry Branch
KEYWORDS: amysplace; friends; may2012; poetry
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 901-950951-1,0001,001-1,050 ... 1,201-1,223 next last
To: The Mayor

Rus, thank you for being here everyday.

We appreciate your dedication.

951 posted on 05/23/2012 11:51:12 AM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 933 | View Replies]

To: ConorMacNessa

Conor, We appreciate your Tuesday posts. These children are precious.

“You Are The New Day” by The King’s Singers is wonderful. Thank you for sharing both with us.

952 posted on 05/23/2012 11:55:38 AM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 928 | View Replies]

To: lonestar

Thanks, Weinie.

I pray that the ones getting to Rainbow Bridge get there without suffering.

953 posted on 05/23/2012 11:57:44 AM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 934 | View Replies]

To: TheConservativeParty

LOL

954 posted on 05/23/2012 11:59:15 AM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 937 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy
You're quite welcome, Amy, of course!

Nos genuflectitur ad non princeps sed Princeps Pacem!

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

955 posted on 05/23/2012 12:01:00 PM PDT by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 952 | View Replies]

To: geologist

God Bless all of His creatures, Geo. So many of them depend on us for their care and safety. Seeing an abandoned dog just breaks my heart. They look so sad and forlorn ... seem to be asking Why???.

956 posted on 05/23/2012 12:34:38 PM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 946 | View Replies]

To: MEG33

Happy WF Wednesday, Meg. Your mountain goats are beautiful. Wouldn’t you like to give that little guy a big hug?

957 posted on 05/23/2012 12:39:29 PM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 947 | View Replies]

To: geologist

Just checked my Holiday list and found that today is "World Turtle Day".

: > }

958 posted on 05/23/2012 12:43:51 PM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 946 | View Replies]

To: jaycee

LOL

When we go to Fresno, we pass a small farm with several goats. There are always one or two atop a stump, a dog house or anything else they can find to climb. :)

Have a Happy WF Wednesday, Jaycee.

959 posted on 05/23/2012 12:46:45 PM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 949 | View Replies]

To: All

I’m leaving for awhile. Will try to get back later.

960 posted on 05/23/2012 12:48:15 PM PDT by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 959 | View Replies]

It must be in their blood to climb!

961 posted on 05/23/2012 12:49:16 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 959 | View Replies]

To: ConorMacNessa; LUV W; AZamericonnie; Brad's Gramma; JustAmy; jackv; jaycee; yorkie; tiapam; ...

Happy Wednesday!

May it be as Warm & Fuzzy as it can be!

ML/LTOS
(El Kabong)

962 posted on 05/23/2012 2:02:48 PM PDT by left that other site

To: MEG33

Happy Warm and Fuzzy Wednesday, Meg!

And a belated Happy Birthday to You! :-)

963 posted on 05/23/2012 2:10:17 PM PDT by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 947 | View Replies]

To: left that other site

So precious, M.L.! Its been rainy here today off and on.
But it hasn’t bothered me as long as no storm was here.

Its always sunny in Florida! Right??

964 posted on 05/23/2012 2:13:31 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 962 | View Replies]

To: y'all; jaycee; JustAmy; MEG33; left that other site; oldteen; Colonel_Flagg; ConorMacNessa; ...

Looked like so much fun, I thought I'd join ya! :)
Happy warm and...er...hard-shelled Wednesday!!

965 posted on 05/23/2012 2:13:52 PM PDT by LUV W (This space reserved for heroes)

Sweet FRiend...

I haven’t seen the sun in over two weeks.

Supercells, thunder, lightening, hail, flooding and little tornadoes EVERY afternoon...(sigh) It is starting to affect my usual “sunny” disposition.

966 posted on 05/23/2012 2:17:52 PM PDT by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 964 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; All; FRiends
Cute Opening, Dear Amy!

967 posted on 05/23/2012 3:12:07 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 945 | View Replies]

To: GailA
That is Good News, Dear Gail!

968 posted on 05/23/2012 3:20:42 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 935 | View Replies]

To: GailA

Good news! Prayers that you continue to heal and improve!

969 posted on 05/23/2012 3:25:23 PM PDT by LUV W (This space reserved for heroes)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 935 | View Replies]

To: ST.LOUIE1
It's Good to See you, Wolfie!

(((((Hugs!)))))

970 posted on 05/23/2012 3:27:01 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 932 | View Replies]

To: TheConservativeParty
Lol!

; )

971 posted on 05/23/2012 3:29:37 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 937 | View Replies]

When I talk to my sister in law, who recently moved from here
to Tampa says the weather is always nice. Are they getting
the same storms as you are? How far from Tampa are you?

They are begging me to come visit. They know I’m having
back problems and am seeking help but I told them if I get
able, I would sure like to come. I went down with sister in law when she was still living here and her son and his wife showed us a fine time.

972 posted on 05/23/2012 3:35:17 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 966 | View Replies]

To: Kitty Mittens

Precious graphic, Kitty. The look on that dog’s face looks
like he’s bite your leg off if you touched his little friend.

973 posted on 05/23/2012 3:38:14 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 967 | View Replies]

I've Seen Dangerous Drivers like that, and it's Unsettling.
I had a Guy Literally Run me Off the Road One Time;
I had to Get on the Shoulder in Order to Avoid being Hit. :(

Those Drivers that Occasionally Flip Out and Shoot People
In a Fit of Road Rage are Especially Frightening to Read about. :(

Lord, Please Keep us All Safe!

974 posted on 05/23/2012 3:50:11 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 950 | View Replies]

Thank you, Dear FRiend! I Love your Cute #949.
There is a Flock of Goats that Live just a Few Miles from my House,
And they are So Cute!

(((((Prayers for a Pain-Free Evening for you)))))

975 posted on 05/23/2012 4:16:53 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 973 | View Replies]

To: All
(((((Thank you for the Cute Wednesday Posts!)))))

976 posted on 05/23/2012 4:28:09 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 975 | View Replies]

To: left that other site; JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; ...

HAPPY WARM AND FUZZY WEDNESDAY!

Rosa "Graham Thomas" - Modern English Shrub Rose - My Back Garden - 13May2012

Enjoy your Wednesday!!!

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

977 posted on 05/23/2012 7:01:25 PM PDT by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 962 | View Replies]

Your yellow roses are gorgeous, Conor!

You definitely have a GREEN THUMB!!

978 posted on 05/23/2012 7:13:36 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 977 | View Replies]

Thanks very much, Jaycee! Having a hard time keeping up with it now - lack of time and old age. :)

979 posted on 05/23/2012 7:30:11 PM PDT by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 978 | View Replies]

I enjoy posting Amy! I am just outside DC in Maryland, tomorrow Virginia to deliver a mixer then drive back to Buffalo Friday.

Always have my laptop on trips!

980 posted on 05/23/2012 7:34:46 PM PDT by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 951 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor

Here’s a late night greeting to you The M. ayor.

Hope all goes well on your return to Buffalo region.

Tomorrow brings a time to work on some windchimes. My time is restricted a bit while waiting for complete healing from surgery. Seems to be taking a long time but dr said it was indeed major surgery.

Thank you for your daily posting of Our Daily Bread. It’s a great way to start the day.

Blessings to all at Amy’s Place. Prayers lifted up to Our Great Physician each day for those in need of comfort and healing.

981 posted on 05/23/2012 11:04:03 PM PDT by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 980 | View Replies]

To: Jim Robinson; JustAmy; Billie; MEG33; jaycee; dutchess; GodBlessUSA; deadhead; LUV W; mathluv; ...

Freep mail me to be on or off the Daily Bread ping list

Coverups Stink
May 24, 2012

The smell at an overflowing garbage landfill site became a growing public concern. So workers installed high-pressured deodorant guns to counteract the smell. The cannons could spray several gallons of fragrance a minute over a distance of up to 50 yards across the mounds of putrefying garbage. However, no matter how many gallons of deodorant are sprayed to mask the odorous rubbish, the fragrance will serve only as a coverup until the source of the stench is removed.

King David tried a coverup as well. After his adultery with Bathsheba, he attempted to use silence, deceit, and piety to mask his moral failures (2 Sam. 11–12). In Psalm 32 he talks about experiencing the intense convicting hand of God when he remained silent (vv.3-4). Unable to withstand the conviction any longer, David uncovered his sin by acknowledging, confessing, and repenting of it (v.5). He no longer needed to cover it because God forgave him.

It’s futile to try to hide our sin. The stench of our disobedience will seep through whatever we use to try to cover it. Let’s acknowledge to God the rubbish in our hearts and experience the fresh cleansing of His grace and forgiveness.

Father, I know that I cannot hide my sins from You
for You know what’s in my heart. I confess them
now to You. Cleanse me, forgive me, and help
me to make a brand-new start. Amen.
Own up to your sin and experience the joy of confession.

Read: Psalm 32:1-5

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. —Psalm 32:1
Bible in a Year:
Job 35-37

982 posted on 05/24/2012 6:33:55 AM PDT by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 981 | View Replies]

To: Diver Dave; JustAmy; left that other site; oldteen; jaycee; MEG33; Kitty Mittens; LUV W; ...

I'm Thankful…
Author Unknown

…for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
because it means I am alive.

…for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
because it means I have been capable of working hard.

…for my shadow that watches me work,
because it means I am out in the sunshine.

…for the taxes that I pay,
because it means that I am employed.

…for the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means I have enough to eat.

…for the teen-ager who is complaining about doing dishes
because he is at home and not on the streets.

…for the mess to clean up after a party,
because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

…for a lawn that needs mowing,
windows that need cleaning and need fixing,
because it means I have a home.

…for the lady behind me in church that sings off key,
because it means that I can hear.

…for all the complaining I hear about the government,
because it means that I have freedom of speech.

…for the parking spot at the far end of the parking lot,
because it means I am capable of walking
and that I have been blessed with transportation.

…for my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

983 posted on 05/24/2012 9:16:57 AM PDT by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 981 | View Replies]

Cruelty is not acceptable. The heartless action to abandon a dog to starve, get run over, left to fend for himself and often get eaten by coyotes. Terrible. There is something majorly wrong with a person that will/has done or will do such a thing.. Be warned.

SHAME!

984 posted on 05/24/2012 9:51:42 AM PDT by geologist (The only answer to the troubles of this life is Jesus. A decision we all must make.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 956 | View Replies]

What a coinincidence ...

Thanks for the heads up!

985 posted on 05/24/2012 9:54:15 AM PDT by geologist (The only answer to the troubles of this life is Jesus. A decision we all must make.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 958 | View Replies]

To: yorkie

Beautiful graphic and I truly love the words...Amen! I was getting something ready and had to get ready for hair appointment. I need a trim badly. See you and everyone when I get back. Its a beautiful day here and I’m thankful for that and am thankful I awakened this morning!!

Great ‘seeing’ you!

986 posted on 05/24/2012 10:05:49 AM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 983 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor; All
There are many possible cover ups ...

The worst of which is a government that will hide their illicit, illegal actions , all the while putting a deceitful face on there activities. Before the people realize it ... it is too late to stop. We are close to experiencing such an event with this “Treat of the seas”

God help America if our congress, or our Senate ratifies this treaty which the UN wants and Hillary and Obama are calling for passing we are sunk. It gives away our Sovereignty, and will lead to total one world government. The UN will have 150 nations and America will have ONE vote. No right to VETO!

Wake up and demand your Senators and Representatives vote against this Treaty.

O LORD My God we pray the 'Treaty of the Seas' be bound and remove this bill from being ratified. And the perpetrators be removed from office as they are against thy people, and wish to enslave them. forgive us our sins Father, we repent and seek thy favor, in Jesus name, amen.

God can and does the impossible. PRAY!

987 posted on 05/24/2012 10:09:06 AM PDT by geologist (The only answer to the troubles of this life is Jesus. A decision we all must make.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 982 | View Replies]

To: yorkie; All; JustAmy; MEG33; jaycee; Kitty Mittens; left that other site; LUV W; ConorMacNessa; ...
thursday

~Have A Wonderful Day~

988 posted on 05/24/2012 10:55:09 AM PDT by oldteen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 983 | View Replies]

Those Roses are So Beautiful, Conor!

989 posted on 05/24/2012 12:11:55 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 977 | View Replies]

Thanks very much, Kitty!

Happy Thursday!!

990 posted on 05/24/2012 12:22:45 PM PDT by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 989 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; MEG33; GodBlessUSA; yorkie; Kitty Mittens; Billie; Mama_Bear; LUV W; Lady Jag; lonestar; ..

"Thankful Thursday"

991 posted on 05/24/2012 12:38:39 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 989 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; All

Must have nap! Later!
992 posted on 05/24/2012 12:43:09 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 991 | View Replies]

To: ConorMacNessa; LUV W; AZamericonnie; Brad's Gramma; JustAmy; jackv; jaycee; yorkie; tiapam; ...

Thankful Thursday

Blessings to All! :-)

ML/LTOS
(El Kabong)

993 posted on 05/24/2012 12:43:27 PM PDT by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 991 | View Replies]

To: All; FRiends
Thank you All for the Beautiful Posts!

994 posted on 05/24/2012 2:31:37 PM PDT by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 993 | View Replies]

To: oldteen
This is so sweet, teenie. Its so good to 'see' you today.
I can't be here all the time either so I surely understand.
995 posted on 05/24/2012 3:41:19 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 988 | View Replies]

Very nice, Mary Lou!

Hope your weather is better!!

996 posted on 05/24/2012 3:43:05 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 993 | View Replies]

I love this graphic, KItty!

997 posted on 05/24/2012 3:44:11 PM PDT by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 994 | View Replies]

It's Weeping Wednesday!!
I'm weeping because we won't see you again until next Tuesday. Awwwww....cute pup.

Uh-oh!

Now you made me cry cause I missed Weeping Wed.

smoooooch

998 posted on 05/24/2012 4:56:51 PM PDT by ST.LOUIE1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 940 | View Replies]

It's Good to See you, Wolfie!
(((((Hugs!)))))

Hellooooo pretty kitty! I always thought you were an *angel*.....
now I know it for a fact.

wolfie((((((KittyMitts)))))wolfie

999 posted on 05/24/2012 4:57:48 PM PDT by ST.LOUIE1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 970 | View Replies]

To: ST.LOUIE1

Hey Louie...Good to “see” you.

1,000 posted on 05/24/2012 5:00:44 PM PDT by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 999 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 901-950951-1,0001,001-1,050 ... 1,201-1,223 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson