Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Survival of the Fakest
Dissent from Darwin ^ | Jonathan Wells

Posted on 05/07/2012 3:17:32 PM PDT by tpanther

SCIENCE NOW KNOWS THAT MANY OF THE PILLARS OF DARWINIAN THEORY ARE EITHER FALSE OR MISLEADING. YET BIOLOGY TEXTS CONTINUE TO PRESENT THEM AS FACTUAL EVIDENCE OF EVOLUTION. WHAT DOES THIS IMPLY ABOUT THEIR SCIENTIFIC STANDARDS?

(Excerpt) Read more at discovery.org ...

TOPICS: Science
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-52 next last
An oldie but a goodie. I like how it explains the circular arguments.
1 posted on 05/07/2012 3:17:35 PM PDT by tpanther
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: tpanther

2 posted on 05/07/2012 3:19:35 PM PDT by struggle (http://killthegovernment.wordpress.com/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

He’s a Moony and he’s loony.

3 posted on 05/07/2012 3:25:40 PM PDT by saganite (What happens to taglines? Is there a termination date?)

Turn off the caps lock if you want anyone to take you seriously

Read and understand the following if you want me to take you seriously; personally, I don’t care if you do.

http://vwxynot.blogspot.com/2007/06/endogenous-retroviruses-and-evidence.html

4 posted on 05/07/2012 3:29:00 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)

To: metmom; YHAOS; Agamemnon; betty boop; MrB; Alamo-Girl; GodGunsGuts

In fact, when the false “evidence” is
taken away, the case for Darwinian evolution, in the textbooks
at least, is so thin it’s almost invisible.

5 posted on 05/07/2012 3:30:14 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)

To: struggle; muir_redwoods

Didn’t put on caps lock...once you read, you’ll understand. That was how it was in the article.

6 posted on 05/07/2012 3:33:53 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Great. A shouty Moonie, that’s all we need.

7 posted on 05/07/2012 3:38:08 PM PDT by Oztrich Boy (This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel - Horace Walpole)

To: muir_redwoods

I read a good bit of the article...it presupposes that evolution is true, and then goes on to say why, by supplying “evidence”.

It takes a jab at creationists and throws in that’s not science.

The point of MY article is, neither is evolution.

Then there’s my tagline.

8 posted on 05/07/2012 3:42:56 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Oztrich Boy

Reading continues to remain fundamental.

Not fun and mental.

But anything to ignore the gargantuan thin-ness. ;)

9 posted on 05/07/2012 3:45:11 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: struggle

Some of us haven’t evolved ears yet.

10 posted on 05/07/2012 3:47:41 PM PDT by cripplecreek (What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: cripplecreek

LOL...and too many think ears will eventually evolve to the point we can read with them.

11 posted on 05/07/2012 3:50:07 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Caps Lock Pictures, Images and Photos
12 posted on 05/07/2012 3:52:18 PM PDT by Snickering Hound

The article your link took me to was not in caps.

13 posted on 05/07/2012 4:00:01 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Yes, it did provide "evidence" but one has to be capable of "logic" to interpret the evidence.

Evolution is one of Gods' more ingenious creations allowing his creatures to adapt and evolve to suit the universe he created for them.

Thanks, God, well-played!

14 posted on 05/07/2012 4:01:53 PM PDT by Aevery_Freeman (Typed using <FONT STYLE=SARCASM> unless otherwise noted)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Supplying evidence to demonstrate the truth of something is how science is one. Asserting the contrary with nothing but capital letters is not how science is done.

15 posted on 05/07/2012 4:03:01 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

SCIENCE NOW KNOWS THAT MANY OF THE PILLARS OF DARWINIAN THEORY ARE EITHER FALSE OR MISLEADING.

Who is this "Science" person? Can we question him/her?

16 posted on 05/07/2012 4:13:08 PM PDT by Cyber Liberty (Obama considers the Third World morally superior to the United States.)

Well, yes and no. That lede was done in “Small Caps” font embellishment.

17 posted on 05/07/2012 4:17:41 PM PDT by Cyber Liberty (Obama considers the Third World morally superior to the United States.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

You know, this is very true, but if you bring up this argument with pro-Evos, they say that no scientists believe in that evidence, and they don’t base their theories on it. They just blame the shoddy textbook manufacturers for perpetuating these errors.

I wonder why nobody from the pro-Evo crowd ever gets concerned with correcting the textbooks that are miseducating children about their theory? Are they worried that their “real” evidence will be less compelling than the “fake” evidence? If not, then what is a more plausible explanation for their lacadaisical attitude?

18 posted on 05/07/2012 4:17:41 PM PDT by Boogieman

To: muir_redwoods; metmom
Supplying evidence to demonstrate the truth of something is how science is one

How science is one?

Or perhaps you meant won? LOL

Well by all means, let us know when you might have something to add!

19 posted on 05/07/2012 4:20:52 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Boogieman

Liberals are like that.

They just kinda shrug their shoulders and say something like...well I didn’t plant it there or whatever.

Yeah...the “real” stuff probably is just as damaging and also notice how liberals are always making rules for others to follow that they never ever have any intention of keeping themselves. They’re constantly doing that with anything that dares to challenge their beloved evolution.

The more I’m around this, the more I’m convinced evos are liberals.

20 posted on 05/07/2012 4:26:58 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Of what importance to the most useful discoveries of science is the theory of evolution?

Here are a number of the most important discoveries and inventions:

Antibiotics, circulation of the blood, germ theory, atomic theory, heredity, theory of relativity, the inter net, aerodynamics and so on.

The theory of evolution? Provides jobs for anthropologists.

21 posted on 05/07/2012 4:40:48 PM PDT by count-your-change (You don't have to be brilliant, not being stupid is enough.)

“done” was the word I meant, perhaps if I had used all caps the typo wouldn’t have happened

When you can rationally and convincingly refute the ERV evidence I provide to you we can discuss it further.

22 posted on 05/07/2012 5:05:54 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: saganite
The original Looney. Clooney.

23 posted on 05/07/2012 5:28:51 PM PDT by Daffynition (Our forefathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Aevery_Freeman

Conjecture isn’t evidence.

And what you described is called adaptation.

Otherwise what’s to prevent all the apes from becoming human?

24 posted on 05/07/2012 5:32:58 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Cyber Liberty

25 posted on 05/07/2012 5:34:18 PM PDT by Daffynition (Our forefathers would be shooting by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Otherwise what’s to prevent all the apes from becoming human?

That's what the "Men in Black" are really doing.

And why do you think they keep making "Planet of the Apes" movies -- subliminal instructions to humans to keep down the other primates.

26 posted on 05/07/2012 5:37:32 PM PDT by x
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Nah...had you not fixated yourself on all caps while busily making rules for everyone but yourself...

there’s nothing to refute other than what you’re calling it. But it’s most certainly not evidence of anything.

Sooner or later you people will have to make our minds up for us and stick to “it’ll take ga-jillions of years to prove evolution”...

or not.

27 posted on 05/07/2012 5:58:18 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

TEA Party On!

The Place for Conservatives
We have some elections to win!

28 posted on 05/07/2012 6:01:31 PM PDT by RedMDer (https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx?tsid=93)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: x

shhhhh....pretty soon the cat’s gonna get out of the bag.

a gorilla will start talking or a chimp will get caught flying a plane.

Oh wait...in a ga-jillion years they will anyway!

29 posted on 05/07/2012 6:15:46 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

I suggest you just “keep banging the rocks together.”

30 posted on 05/07/2012 6:44:31 PM PDT by Aevery_Freeman (Typed using <FONT STYLE=SARCASM> unless otherwise noted)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: x

Bump for later

31 posted on 05/07/2012 6:44:48 PM PDT by WhoisAlanGreenspan?
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

I have plenty of rules for myself, one is not to abandon logic in such discussions. ERV is ample proof of evolution; all one has to do is be willing to apply logic to the evidence.

Or one can choose not to read about it and remain ignorant. I expected your choice.

32 posted on 05/07/2012 7:04:47 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

“Who is this “Science” person? Can we question him/her”?

Sorry, no.

Unfortunately, he fell off the edge of the flat erth.

33 posted on 05/07/2012 7:11:02 PM PDT by PatHimself

There may be problems with evolution as a theory. There are plenty who view evolution as a religion. Alas, the anti-evolution crowd (on the whole) is so grossly ill-informed in both theory and reality it’s embarrassing. The hysteria is so loud, the sensible is lost amid the noise.

34 posted on 05/07/2012 7:20:48 PM PDT by ctdonath2 ($1 meals: http://abuckaplate.blogspot.com/)

It makes no sense to me that schools would be teaching out of any outdated textbooks in today’s digital age.

35 posted on 05/07/2012 9:03:05 PM PDT by Alamo-Girl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

See logic isn’t banging your worldview over other people’s heads and squealing when all the holes are exposed.

Sorry, but that’s just not science, or evidence of such.

36 posted on 05/07/2012 9:39:21 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

See logic isn’t banging your worldview over other people’s heads and squealing when all the holes are exposed.

Sorry, but that’s just not science, or evidence of such.

37 posted on 05/07/2012 9:41:14 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: ctdonath2; metmom; betty boop; YHAOS

Ya think?

Now here’s where we do have actual “evidence”, as it were.

And speaking of reality, the reality is that it’s the evolutionists that enforce science through the courts, dictating what science is and isn’t via their worldview; hijacking science, the courts and whatever is necessary to promote their secular godless sensibilities.

Which is why we hear liberals saying things on TV like euroweenies are further along the evolutionary scale and are therefore more accepting of things like gay marriage and all of society paying for birth control products via taxes and so forth and so on. If you disagree, well then you might as well be a knuckle-dragging ape with a proclivity for warring with women.

In short, evolution is a tool of liberalism.

38 posted on 05/07/2012 10:22:12 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

To: Aevery_Freeman

what will that do, prove how old they are?

39 posted on 05/07/2012 10:23:11 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

To: muir_redwoods; metmom; betty boop; Alamo-Girl; YHAOS
The article your link took me to was not in caps.

If the part I linked wasn't in caps please tell us what you saw.

40 posted on 05/07/2012 10:34:37 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

I’m not banging peoples heads with a world view. I linked to an article about ERVs and how they provide irrefutable proof that humans and chimpanzees have a common evolutionary ancestor. It further demonstrates that all mammals, if one goes back far enough, have a common ancestor. I invited you to read, comprehend and, if you can, refute the article. I believe that is where you are having your difficulty.

You certainly haven’t exposed any holes in modern evolutionary science and I don’t think an honest review of my responses here could be fairly termed “squealing” by anyone.

Stick with your magic apple/talking snake story. I’ll bet you’ll find it easier to comprehend.

41 posted on 05/08/2012 3:09:47 AM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

Ah.... “Reification”.

Just like “evolution did this”.

42 posted on 05/08/2012 5:08:36 AM PDT by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter knows whom he's working for)

“Has any Creationist been caught faking evidence?”, he asked rhetorically.

43 posted on 05/08/2012 5:10:30 AM PDT by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter knows whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

Ahhhh, but there’s where your so-called logic fails.

No what really happened was I posted and article illustrating the holes in evolution to the point when one removes the PROVEN falsehoods, it’s “thin” to say the least, YOU in turn squealed about caps lock, which wasn’t the case btw...

and posted some article that illustrated nothing to answer MY article and then got sore because I disagreed with you.

Liberals.

44 posted on 05/08/2012 7:28:29 AM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

Unlike the kids who were on your little school bus, I know how to stay on topic. Since I began responding to your post, I have asked you to read, comprehend and refute the article on ERVs. This may be an insurmountable obstacle for you but it is all I have asked of you and all I have chosen to discuss since the ERV evidence irrefutably demonstrates the existence of common evolutionary ancestry among species. It also, by the way, amounts to an inextricable connection between evolution and modern genetic science; one cannot have one without the other. To deny evolution requires one to deny genetic science.

Do that, and I will be happy to discuss it further with you.

45 posted on 05/08/2012 7:51:07 AM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

To: muir_redwoods; MrB

Ooops, wrong again. Staying on topic would actually be addressing the erroneous and uncorrected embryos etc.

Even post #43 was closer and it was rhetorical! :)

46 posted on 05/08/2012 4:18:14 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

I’m staying on my topic which I clearly indicated in my first response to you was all I was willing to discuss. I indicated that if you would address the ERV evidence I would discuss it further with you. I also said I didn’t care if you wanted to accept the challenge or not.

Careful reading is an important life skill. Look into it.

47 posted on 05/08/2012 5:19:15 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Not your topic!

So, do you routinely respond to the shortcomings and outright fraud of evolution by posting irrelevant articles?

Don’t fret, no one else has either.

48 posted on 05/09/2012 1:43:33 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

If you could read it and actually understand it you would see that it is far from irrelevant. It, in fact, shows that evolution is a demonstrable fact.

Stick with the magic apple/talking snake story. It’s far less work for you to understand and, since you don’t care about the truth, for you, it’ll work just as well.

49 posted on 05/09/2012 4:47:47 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (I like Obamacare because Granny signed the will and I need the cash)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

You seriously don’t understand. I posted an article about telling the truth, you ignored it and blew it off and didn’t address it and posted more evo-rubbish as if that actually fixes things.

And now, on the way out, you’re immensely uncomfortable with your maker and project-alot...about telling the truth no less.

50 posted on 05/09/2012 8:24:52 PM PDT by tpanther (Science was, is and will forever be a small subset of God's creation.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-52 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson