Skip to comments.Man bitten by rattlesnake at Idaho Wal-Mart
Posted on 05/14/2012 5:33:15 PM PDT by SJackson
LEWISTON, Idaho A man said he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in Idaho, only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand.
Mica Craig said he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Lewiston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old man from Clarkston, Wash., says it latched onto his hand and that he screamed and managed to shake loose the snake and stomped it to death.
The Lewiston Tribune reports a bystander drove Craig to a local emergency room. Craig said he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Here's hoping it's not of the endangered variety.
I hate those Wal-Mart Greeters
That is actually the third time I have read of someone being bitten by a rattlesnake in a Wal-Mart garden center.
The last one was in Ft. Walton Bch. Florida and it was a pygmy rattler which are typically not deadly. I doubt it was a scam as the guy said he only wanted Wal-Mart to pay for his hospital bill.
Someone might be placing them there tho.
Clean up in the Garden Center......
Hey, you can't be too careful when traveling in exotic foreign places! One of those twigs might get you. I've always wondered if the yard guy put it on the path deliberately just to scare the tourists.
What’s sad......is that they HAD to post a sign.
Angling legend Bill Dance is almost as famous for his bloopers as he is his show itself. Needless to say, in his line of work he stumbles across a number of snakes:
-—”Whats sad......is that they HAD to post a sign.”-—
Ain’t it the truth.
I've decided to let the lawn sweep pick up branches and debris from now on. :)
This is why I live in Western Washington. NO POISONOUS SNAKES. Just stupid liberals.
That’s great. I had to forward that to a few people.
When I was nine, I lived in Annapolis, Maryland. It was quite rural and we had well water and a septic system. One morning as I went into the bathroom, there was a snake in the toilet, so I did what any 9 year old boy would do, I reached in to grab it. It bit me first. That day I got to find out all about snake antivenom, and tetanus shots and two surgeons had to remove the fangs and gripper teeth from my hand, because I didn’t wait for the snake to let go; I yanked it off breaking off both fangs and several dozen small teeth leaving them in my palm. First snakebite case in Annapolis in 27 years.
Mica needs an eye exam.
I never pick them up.
Did you still run around the house, like a chicken with its head cut off, doing the pee-pee dance?
Every time I got to Walmart to pick up a couple rattle snakes, they’re sold out.
Very few people on this Earth creep me out.
Given the choice between a rattlesnake and one of the door greeters at our local Walmart, I pick the snake.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.