Skip to comments.Bill Clinton: Everyone must pay more taxes
Posted on 05/16/2012 7:12:02 AM PDT by pabianice
Bill Clinton on Fox: 'Taxing the rich won't help us. Everybody needs to pay more in taxes. Once we get the economy growing again, no one should object to paying more in taxes.'
How about we eliminate the Federal tax and replace it with representative apportionment.
1) Congress determines the amount of taxes to be collected
2) The amount is split into two equal pots - one for the Senators and one for the Representatives
3) The pot for the Senators is divided by 100 to determine the per Senator tax bill.
4) The pot for the Representatives is divided by 435 to determine the per Representative tax bill
5) The treasury then calculates the tax liability for each state by multiplying the per Senator amount by 2 and adds to that amount the per Representative amount, calculated as the number of representatives times the per representative amount
6) That total tax liability is then divided into quarterly amounts and communicated to each state.
7) States are then free to determine for themselves what is the best tax collection method for their citizens
8) States which are more than one quarter behind are prohibited from paying their State legislature or Governor their state salaries
9) States that are more than two quarters behind are no longer allowed a vote in committee
10) States that are more than three quarters behind are no longer allowed a vote on the floor
11) States that are more than four quarters behind will have a garnishment of all tax revenues to the State
‘More taxes’ ???
We’re at the saturation point now!
Clinton is a Socialist clown in the galaxy of Socialist clowns which now populates American politics.
“Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon.” Winston Churchill
Does that include the almost 50% that pay nothing? I doubt it.
(But thanks for reminding us that you are a closet Marxist).
agreed- at least he has the balls to say “everyone” needs to pay more taxes versus ayatollah obama’s daily class warfare...
I think he’s purposely trying to sabotage ‘bammers.
I really think Clinton might be doing what the left accuses us of doing - wanting the FBP to fail.
Bullclinton. Government needs to shrink radically. They are getting enough of our money already.
OK. Lets take 7.2% out of every welfare, unemployment, food stamp, etc check and send it to Soshsecurity and Mediscare. For starters anyway.
Laz, let him keep talking. He is hurting ‘O. When your enemy is making a fool if himself, dont interrupt him.
...to pay for the the Democrat party’s mistakes.
And increasing taxes won’t even work, just sap money from those who don’t leech off the system.
I’d like someone to challenge clinton and the other liberals kissing bammys azz to show how much they have invested in offshore or non-taxable entities. We all know they don’t pay nearly as much in taxes as someone who can’t afford to sock away most of their money in taxfrees - so show us. Let everyone see what hypocrits they are.
...ruminating on this...
I can't. I've already sent out the order to Fox News to stop allowing him on; likewise MSNBCBSABC. The FCC has, at my direction, sent a note out that if Bill Clinton is put on the air, or even cable, that the licenses for broadcast will be pulled and the Justice Department will shut down the cable operator. Also, any mention of Bill Clinton on the internet will result in the terminåtx¿¢%A
increase taxes... increase govt power...
NEVER even TALK about cutting spending
just more bs from bjclinton and the progressives
until govt spending is below govt revenues, we will sink further into debt... devaluing the dollar even more (of course, the progressives already know this...)
.... Because the government has been such a good steward of the money they already take
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.