Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

George Orwell:A Nice Cup of Tea
1 posted on 05/24/2012 6:09:45 PM PDT by nickcarraway
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: nickcarraway

My busy person tea.
Put 2 cups H2O in a pyrex pour-able measuring glass.
Micro for 2.5 minutes.
Take out of micro.
Put in tea bag.
Brew.
Drink.
In summer, pour it over large glass of ice.
Voila! Tea in 3 minutes.

It ain’t classy, but it works.

2 posted on 05/24/2012 6:17:10 PM PDT by TheConservativeParty ("War." Andrew Breitbart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Well,,,,, I’m a Green Tea nut! I get my tea here;
http://generationtea.com/

Pu Erh is great. But the Organic Gunpowder Green Tea is stunning!

3 posted on 05/24/2012 6:20:05 PM PDT by Dr. Bogus Pachysandra ( Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end!)

Tea is native to China but not to India. The Brits had to buy their tea from China (with opium) until some enterprising fellow managed to smuggle some tea plants out of China. That broke the Chinese monopoly, as the Brits developed a large tea crop in India.

The Brits didn't set out to build an Empire, they acquired it first to further their trade of spices and other exotica back to Europe, and then to protect their sea trade routes.

4 posted on 05/24/2012 6:20:47 PM PDT by expat2

Great article, NC. I drink Earl Gray during the Winter and iced tea with lemon all Summer long. Love tea....

6 posted on 05/24/2012 6:25:00 PM PDT by momtothree

Well, here in the South it's not ready to serve until you mix in a shovel full of sugar, but fortunately no one has found a practical method of deep frying it...yet.

Ever the rebel I eschew the devil sweetener and only squeeze the juice of two quartered lemon wedges.

7 posted on 05/24/2012 6:39:43 PM PDT by Dysart (All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke)

over-boiling takes the oxygen out of the water.

Since water is H2O, doesn't removing the oxygen also release the hydrogen leaving you with just less H2O?
9 posted on 05/24/2012 7:31:03 PM PDT by Dr. Sivana (There is no salvation in politics.)

Does anyone else remember that episode of The Prisoner, where the girl (#86) is trying to poison #6's tea, and he attacks her tea making skills, giving him an excuse to dump the pot before he shows her how it's done? Nasty place, that Village. But lots of tea.

12 posted on 05/24/2012 7:38:49 PM PDT by Dr. Sivana (There is no salvation in politics.)

Here in hot Tx I put my green or black tea in a bottle and sit it outside several hours for the sun to heat it up. Then I squeeze in a slice of lime and stick it in the fridge for iced green tea. No fuss, less muss.

14 posted on 05/24/2012 8:26:31 PM PDT by tflabo (Truth or tyranny)

To: nutmeg

Bookmark

19 posted on 05/24/2012 9:01:27 PM PDT by nutmeg (So... Clinton was our first black president, and Obama is our first gay president?)

20 posted on 05/24/2012 9:12:08 PM PDT by Lancey Howard

If you live in the South, watch (especially) tea for oxalate content; otherwise, kidney stones will getcha!

22 posted on 05/25/2012 3:35:12 AM PDT by Does so (....... Justice Scalia just turned 78 .........==8-O ............They don't think ... they PLOT!)

A great source of loose tea is Indian/Persian grocery stores. I discovered a brand called “al-Ghazaleen”, 100% Ceylon tea. Awesome stuff.

(And yes, I did a double-take at the name too!!)

28 posted on 05/25/2012 8:20:38 AM PDT by M1903A1 ("We shed all that is good and virtuous for that which is shoddy and sleazy... and call it progress")

And of course, you serve it in your Royal Doulton china with "the hand-painted periwinkles"...

30 posted on 05/25/2012 1:11:38 PM PDT by COBOL2Java (FUMR)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson