Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Yosemitest

>>what kind of work do you do that has you commuting that far? Can you go into detail about the nightmares?<<

I am a computer consultant — I work with really big companies install/upgrade/cofigure things like their payroll or financials systems.

As so frequently happens, the nightmares dis speared in a fog — I recall a guy running up the wall and on the roof and trying to hit me (thus my break from the normally solid sleep paralysis) and a deep, deep cavern where people I didn’t know wanted me “out.” The other 3 times were just sweats and a feeling that I was in great (deathly) danger.

Dang, now I am really afraid to sleep!

But I’ll keep looking to this thread. The fact people will take a moment to help means a lot to me — it is quite soothing.

Thanks amigo.

21 posted on 05/29/2012 11:03:10 PM PDT by freedumb2003 ('RETRO' Abortions = performed on 84th trimester individuals who think killing babies is a "right.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies ]

To: freedumb2003
I'm not very good at psychology, and dream interpretation would fall into that category.
But if I'm guessing correctly, your computer consultant job is related to financial stock buying, money flow, and payroll.
I suspect your fears are "a crashing economy" and unhappy customers wanting to blame you for their failures.
But what do I know? I'm a retired military air traffic controller.

Quick fixes are probably related to your meds, and the vitamin deficiency earlier suggested to.

Also, think about getting a better bed. I didn't believe all the hype about the sleep number beds, but about a year ago, I bought one from the factory refurbished outlet.
It does make a difference.
Depending on your age, you might want to take a look at your diet.
You may be experiencing pre-diabetes type II. Get it checked with a simple sugar (glucose) tolerance test.

When you really need a good night's rest, open the Bible at random and read for a while.
You'd be surprised how relaxing the Bible can be, and helpful too,
37 posted on 05/29/2012 11:19:47 PM PDT by Yosemitest (It's simple, fight or die!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

Anyone can call a 'knock it off' Anyone.

Airman Basic to General.

Take a break. Hard weekend for some that lost friends, and that may play into it.

So call it, and break right and head for home for a bit.

I'm not awake because I like it.... Sometimes it's scary to go to sleep.

/johnny

53 posted on 05/29/2012 11:36:16 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

As so frequently happens, the nightmares dis speared in a fog — I recall a guy running up the wall and on the roof and trying to hit me (thus my break from the normally solid sleep paralysis) and a deep, deep cavern where people I didn’t know wanted me “out.” The other 3 times were just sweats and a feeling that I was in great (deathly) danger.

Look up Night terrors. They are a little more extreme and seem more real than the basic run of the mill nightmare. I've had a few in my life time especially after I got out of the Navy. I woke up one night screaming at my wife to get out, get out now, flooding in compartment and I even gave a space number. I never experience a flooded compartment on the ship weird. I've had one or two hit me like that over the years.

62 posted on 05/29/2012 11:59:39 PM PDT by cva66snipe (Two Choices left for U.S. One Nation Under GOD or One Nation Under Judgment? Which one say ye?)

Dang, now I am really afraid to sleep! But I’ll keep looking to this thread. The fact people will take a moment to help means a lot to me — it is quite soothing.

Sorry to inform you friend, but we're all part of your dream. You went to sleep just over an hour ago.

71 posted on 05/30/2012 1:40:13 AM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson