Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Yosemitest
Use McAfee.

I think it's like $30 a year with a coupon.

I've used it on Windows XP and now Windows 7.

Seven years - ZERO security issues.

Not free, but peace of mind never is.

2 posted on 06/02/2012 12:37:40 AM PDT by zeestephen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: zeestephen; Yosemitest
I killed McAfee. It was good in it's day but it's become bloatware.

I consider Norton AV a very insidious virus in it's own right. It is insidious because it convinces you to buy it and install it willingly.

I use AVG nightly, AVAST installs nicely as a subordinate AV, then I occasionally run Spybot and Malware Bytes. No one utility truly stops or removes them all.

3 posted on 06/02/2012 12:48:06 AM PDT by Lazamataz (People who resort to Godwin's Law are just like Hitler.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

To: zeestephen; Yosemitest
Agree with you about McAfee, but it is one heck of a resource hog, especially on older, slower computers.
It has been rock solid for security, so far, with XP Pro on old desk top and Win 7 on the new laptop.
Had a few update glitches on older computer that I was able to resolve.
Never a problem with updates on new machine.
4 posted on 06/02/2012 12:51:09 AM PDT by The Cajun (Sarah Palin, Mark Levin......Nuff said.)

To: zeestephen

I had McAfee total protection and it was taken control of by some trojan. This trojan actually took over McAfee and will not let it run. Then it wiped out internet explorer. I reinstalled windows XP added all three service packs Inatalled Malware bites ran spybot and the @#%* thing still has control of the computer. I am seriously thinking about taking it out back and using it to pattern my shotgun.

20 posted on 06/02/2012 5:10:34 AM PDT by antisocial (Texas SCV - Deo Vindice)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson