Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Will Obama Support the Repeal of ObamaCare?
Self | July 1, 2012 | PJ-Comix

Posted on 07/01/2012 8:43:05 AM PDT by PJ-Comix

Will Obama support the repeal of ObamaCare?

I already know the incredulous reaction of most of you to that question: “Of course he WON'T support the repeal of ObamaCare. You have to be NUts to even make such an absurd speculation!”

Perhaps I should have put “repeal” in quotes so it would read: “Will Obama Support the “Repeal” of ObamaCare?”

Does this make more sense to you now? A “repeal” of ObamaCare in name only, i.e. a cosmetic “repeal” which actually leaves ObamaCare almost completely unchanged. But why would Obama come out in favor of a strictly cosmetic “repeal” of ObamaCare? Two words: electoral desperation.

Come October and I expect Obama to be facing a massive defeat at the polls in large part due to the LARGEST INCREASE IN HISTORY via ObamaCare. At that point Obama will be forced to announce that he too favors the “repeal” of ObamaCare in the form of getting rid of the more onerous sections of it...namely the high taxes. Of course, the “repeal” of those sections will be conveniently submitted to Congress AFTER the November election.

Following Obama's “historic” announcement, his MSM allies will chime in on his supposed realism in proposing the necessary “changes” to ObamaCare via his strictly cosmetic “repeal.” Some might even compare it to Nixon going to China or even Coca-Cola listening to their customers and switching to Classic Coke. The big difference is that the Coca-Cola company really did the change whereas Obama would have absolutely NO intention of making real changes to ObamaCare. The whole purpose of Obama embracing “repeal” would be strictly to help him at the polls in November with a desperation ploy designed to appeal to the gullible.

Therefore I am calling BS in advance on any completely cosmetic scheme by Obama to support ObamaCare “repeal.” Bookmark this post to serve as a reference point if Obama in the months ahead attempts to promote his support for a completely PHONY “repeal” of ObamaCare.

p.s. Obama might not actually use the word “repeal” but he will attempt to appeal to that sentiment with strictly cosmetic “adjustments” to the BIGGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY.

TOPICS: Chit/Chat
KEYWORDS: abortion; barackobama; deathpanels; obamacare; zerocare
When this thought entered my mind from the ether yesterday while couponing, I had the same reaction as you probably did when first reading it. I quickly dismissed it as ridiculous yet that same thought kept coming back so I analyzed it with the conclusions listed above.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and this post can be dismissed as ridiculous...or it could be a premonition of the near future.

1 posted on 07/01/2012 8:43:12 AM PDT by PJ-Comix
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Charles Henrickson; bcsco

This is the promised post I was referring to yesterday.

2 posted on 07/01/2012 8:45:21 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (You're screwy! You're spaced! You lost the recall race!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: PJ-Comix
LARGEST INCREASE IN HISTORY

Oops. Make that "LARGEST TAX INCREASE IN HISTORY."

3 posted on 07/01/2012 8:49:02 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (You're screwy! You're spaced! You lost the recall race!)

With the assumption that the Ascended One will be reelected, and given how horrendous the ACA will become with full implementation come 2014, I can see the 0ne supporting simplification of the act: ie, eliminating all of the existing and new health care taxes (penalties,fees?) and putting in place one across the board national health care tax to fund a SINGLE PAYOR system. IMHO, this is the Progressive's ultimate end game.
4 posted on 07/01/2012 9:02:37 AM PDT by buckalfa (Nabob of Negativity)

There is no “tweak”, no revision, no amendment that will make this piece of legislative tripe palatable to thinking, patriotic Americans with a desire to preserve the philosophical foundations of this grand experiment.
The fact that all the policital Monday-Morning-QB’s are twisting themselves into mental Rube Goldberg devices to convince us there really is a silver lining in the Court’s pathetic opinion is both sadly amusing and quite alarming.
The only proper “repeal and replace” for this garbage is REPEAL, period.

5 posted on 07/01/2012 9:05:42 AM PDT by PubliusMM (RKBA; a matter of fact, not opinion. 01-20-2013: Change we can look forward to.)

To: buckalfa

Actually what he would really do makes no difference. Obama would promise a “repeal” (or adjustments) that would be taken up by Congress AFTER the election. Of course, endangered democrats like Claire McCaskill and Jon Tester would pounce upon this like a life preserver and claim that the changes are somehow significant. They will excuse their earlier support of ObamaCare as that of a mandate, not a tax. And since it has now been declared to be a tax, they will claim to want to “cut” the tax they will claim to never have supported. The “cuts” will be strictly cosmetic.

6 posted on 07/01/2012 9:09:32 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (You're screwy! You're spaced! You lost the recall race!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: PubliusMM
There is no “tweak”, no revision, no amendment that will make this piece of legislative tripe palatable to thinking, patriotic Americans with a desire to preserve the philosophical foundations of this grand experiment.

Yeah, we remember how effective the Stupak "tweak" was that Obama signed after ObamaCare passed. i.e. absolutely NO effect.

7 posted on 07/01/2012 9:12:53 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (You're screwy! You're spaced! You lost the recall race!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

He is talking about tweaking it.

8 posted on 07/01/2012 10:17:47 AM PDT by Terry Mross ( To all my kin: Do not attempt to contact me as long as you love obama.)

To: Terry Mross
He is talking about tweaking it.

You mean like that Stupak "tweak?"

9 posted on 07/01/2012 10:24:05 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (You're screwy! You're spaced! You lost the recall race!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: PJ-Comix; Charles Henrickson

Since he fought the fight( yeah, I know...) and won, his base would crucify him should he even appear to throw in the towel before the election.

10 posted on 07/01/2012 1:20:52 PM PDT by bcsco

Is it possible to have negative electoral votes?

11 posted on 07/01/2012 2:46:10 PM PDT by Mike Darancette (Democrats are the problem. Vote them out, all of them.)

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson