Skip to comments.WELL JIM, ENJOY THE BED YOU HAVE MADE: Quix's latest Opus Installment
Posted on 07/04/2012 1:16:13 PM PDT by Jim Robinson
Wellllllll Jim, Enjoy The Bed Youve Made . SUMMARY: . IN COMPLEX INTERPERSONAL SITUATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPSWHO CAN KNOW WHAT IS REALLY REAL? APPEARANCES ARE WHAT IS REAL TO THE OBSERVER CONCERNED. So, in many respects, the REAL might be the opposite of the statements below. However, the statements ARE PERCEIVED TO BEAPPARENTLY REAL ENOUGH for evidently thousands of FREEPERS that only idiots would fail to give such assertions fitting prayerful pondering.
1. Your leadership and leadership culture are consistent with those of a fairly complex personlike many of us.
2. Your leadership and leadership team CAN be quite generous, forgiving, kind, patient, understanding, compassionate, stalwart, tough, durable, endearing, perceptive, sensitive, thoughtful, persistent, occasionally self-effacing, prefer peace and peacableness; . . .
3. Your leadership and leadership team CAN also be quite arrogant, mean-spirited, harsh, abusive, very foul-worded, hypocritical, mercenary, spiteful, !!!CONTROLLING!!!, narrow, rigid, brittle, prickly, vengeful, judgmental, erratic, flip-floppy, irrational, arbitrary, hypocritical, petty, shallow, prefer flailing about in bitter harsh ways . . .
4. Like all of us with such disadmirable traits, such junk MUST come from your early history and less than ideal fathering (or possibly mothering and/or both).
5. For whatever reasons you have failed to work such junk through very far or very thoroughly.
6. Which might be largely neither here nor there in the larger scheme of thingsEXCEPT THATyou HAVE BEEN GIVEN OF GOD an incredible honor, opportunity, calling, gift, mandatewhich you have appeared to increasingly squander to alarming degrees on arrogance, greed, foul, petty, dishonorable ugliness and ineffectual chaotic nastiness, conflictedness, unnecessary contentiousness and the like.
7. As Ive often saidits fine with me if FREEPERS make you rich every day. If a million FR users and lurkers wish to give you a dollar or 5 dollars a day or a month the rest of your lifeGREAT. FR gives lots of usefulness, pleasure, relationships and community to many thousands of people daily day in and day out; year in and year out.
7.1 Given the importance of the financial aspect to so many people . . . heres some comments I posted earlier:
7.2 There is FARRRR tooooo little transparency and candor in terms of finances generally and specifically.
7.3 There is FARRR TOOOOOOO much abuse of even long time users and big time donors. What kind of management brilliance does it take to run off for petty shallow reasons folks who donated $2,500 PER FREEPATHON . . . and folks who donated $500 PER FREEPATHON . . . folks who just left in disgust if not hurt and anger over the petty abuse they took (or their friends or people they respected took) for no good reason. There's evidently some sort of spiritual and psychodynamic sickness at the deep root of such nonsense. And it appears to be getting worse instead of better.
7.4 Begging for funds with various kinds of shallow manipulations and funky hogwash could just be harmless fun among friendly family . . . except that . . . those giving such funds faithfully for more than 10 years are NEVER REALLY SECURE in the RELATIONSHIP and not even in being able to enjoy the FR HOME THAT THEY PAID FOR AND HELPED BUILD from virtually the ground up.
7.5 At some point, the arrogant dogmatic !!!CONTROL!!! freaque domineering fist pounding that "IT'S HIS HOUSE!" "IT'S HIS LIVING ROOM!" is outrageous, hypocritical and just plain factual nonsense. It is FREEPERS who have built up the readership of FR. It is FREEPERS' creativity and writing skills and interesting personalities who have build up FR's once great attractiveness to a wider audience.
7.6 Who paid for the carpet? Who paid for the paint? Who paid for the furniture? Who paid for the pics on the wall? Who pays for the electricity? Who pays for the heat and air conditioning? Who pays the insurance? Who pays the other utilities? Who pays for the internet service? Who pays for the gardening? Who pays for the groceries? Who pays for the transportation? Who pays for the "coming soon servers" that never quite seem to arrive?
7.6.1 Just who is the guest of whom?
7.6.2 It appears that with readership down 16-20% over the last 6 months or so . . . an increasing number of people are flushing the 'guest' out of their lives.
7.7 Clearly, it's the FREEPER SHEEPLE who have been paying through the nose in the face of erratic, arbitrary, irrational abuse year in and year out--never knowing when the mean-streak is going to strike out and slap them hard or even ban them--sometimes in the foulest language any "Christian" was ever known to utter or write. And then their EXTENDED FAMILY that has become so dear and precious to themsometimes their literal life-savers--will be suddenly flushed out of their lives with absolutely no recourse whatsoever.
7.8 It is ACTUALLY ABOUT AS REASONABLE to say that JR and family are the squatters in the FREEPERS' HOME. . . . you know . . . that old founding documents thing . . . OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE?
And even that wouldnt be soooooo outrageous IF a REPRESENTATIVE sample (REPRESENTATIVEAS IN REPUBLIC!!!) of the FREEPER COMMUNITY had a seat at the table to offer input and advice THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY THOUGHTFULLY AND FAIRLY CONSIDERED each quarter. But, NOPE, the fist pounding, insecure, arrogant !!!CONTROL!!! freak domineering junk always rules.
8. HOWEVER, the mean-spirited, arrogant, hypocritical etc. junk has APPEARED to poison your well from the beginning. There have been gross hypocrisies. Early on you were reportedly utterly convinced (with good reason, actually) that Bush was complicit in drug running through Arkansas etc. Yet, fairly early on, you became convinced or persuaded that any discussion of conspiracy stuff on FR had to be forbiddenand mocked as absurdly untrue.
9. You would pontificate at length about maintaining a CONSISTENT stance as a Republic on the unchanging values and foundation of the founding fathers and founding documents. You claimed therewith to be the Premier Conservative website etc. in support thereof. All this was repeatedly stated with great pontifical emotion and fanfare while your leadership and leadership team APPEARED TO BE an erratic, irregular grossly inconsistent, grossly petty, shallow, flip-floppy and often a pathetic chaotic, haphazard, directionless mess.
10. Some folks have documented that few of the political figures you have ended up supporting have won. I dont know that THAT means a huge lot, given the globalists insuring that the whole SElection/voting mess is 98% farce, charade, futile. However, theres been a great deal of emotion, energy, expense, time, angst UTTERLY AND TOTALLY WASTED on !!!DEMANDING!!! that loyal FREEPERS support person XYZ and NOT ABC under pain of banning. Only to wake-up the next morning and have to flip-flop with the FR leadership teamtoo oftenseemingly 180 degrees. And to do that with a straight face as though it were rational, made sense and was of benefit to the Republic has been more than a little off the wall and mystifying to thousands of FREEPERS. I don't know where folks were supposed to check their brains and integrity as they complied with the FR Pied Piper in following that nonsense lock-step.
11. You have evidently repeatedly and reportedly from the early years--returned evil for good. Thats been true toward individuals and toward classes and groups of individuals. Theres no excuse for that. None. Theres dozens of ways to avoid that in any kind of disagreement. SOMETIMES it has APPEARED that you and/or your leadership team have gone out of your way to do thatSOMETIMES SEEMINGLY in the meanest, harshest ways handy. Scripture is quite clear about the consequences of that kind of sowing.
12. You can be glibly self-effacing and disarmingly dismissive of the quality of your own Christianity, your leadership, your understanding . . . a list of things in that paragraph that ON THE SURFACE sounded and appeared impressive. Sadly, shortly after, it appeared to be merely propaganda for the FREEPATHON. It became quickly unclear how much of an earnest, heart-felt confession it really waslargely because there was no follow-up fruit of such a confession. It soon rang hollow and a farce. The arrogance, harshness and arbitrary and erratic !!!CONTROL!!! freak stuff quickly returned.
13. You and your leadership team have pontificated, exclaimed and wailed about !!!LOYALTY!!! and !!!BETRAYAL!!! while demonstrating the most petty and absurdly based disloyalty and outrageous betrayal of anyone who was ever a part of FR. You have absolutely no room to talk or complain about either one of those issues. You have merely reaped A PORTION of what you have so chronically, persistently and often mean-spiritedly sown in such regards. And your reaping is far from finished on such scores.
14. You have rightly and honorably claimed Christian values as a hallmark of your personally held priorities as well as FRs priorities. Sometimes you have followed throughsuch as with your very admirable and honorable tenacious insistence that prayer threads be allowed in the main NEWS forum. By the same token, you have frequently demonstrated a hideous tendency to lapse into harsh, abusive, foul-mouthed communications publicly and privatelywhich would make many a sailor blush. None of us is 100% free 100% of the time of 100% of all hypocrisy. However, the frequency and ruthlessness of such foul-mouthed and arbitrary harshness out of clearly a mean-streak is NOT AT ALL a fruit of Holy Spirit. AT some point, perceptive, thinking and discerning folks have to ask themselves: Where is the real JimRob and just how much of an authentic Christian is he? And what game is he REALLY playing for what goal(s)? And doe HE even know or have a clue who he is and what he's about?
15. Many of us have been prayerful and seriously concerned about your health problems for a long time. However, sadly, even there some of us are troubled. Given the relationship between the MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT, one has to wonder if your health would be significantly better if your spiritual health and persistent demonstrations of your spirituality were more consistent with the advertising. In shortmean-spiritedness produces a troublesome harvest in the body, in relationships, in the psyche and certainly in the spirit. At some point, all the prayers in the world will not force a STUBBORN, mean-spirited ARROGANT soul to be better, healthy. As Scripture notes:
1 Samuel 15:23
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. . . . I dont know if the rest of that verse applies to you at present, or not. I know youre on slippery ground on that score.
16. And IDOLATRY will NOT WORK for anyoneeven the king of FR. It doesnt matter if one nurses ones own bitterness as idolatry; or if one idolizes ones country; or ones own press releases; or ones FR baby or whatever. Idolatry is a deadly poison.
17. Ive agonized for many months over how to write the compassionate but stern rebuke I felt pressed so strongly in my spirit to write. People either seem to suck-up to you in fierce psychophant fashionor to trash you as a minion of satan. I see you more as a typical Attachment Disordered man hung up on some serious spiritual and psychodynamic flaws like most of us in our era. So what. However, to stubbornly cling to ones arrogance, stubbornness, meanness . . . and to ALLOW, much less seem to exalt in spewing such all over the thousands of folks who give money for your support and the support of your baby . . . that is at best unwise and at worst a pretty hideous example of human excess.
18. I dont know what God intends to do with you and/or FR. I know you are NOT indispensable. I know that FR will NOT significantly influence the corrupt farce of a November SElection processif we get that far in any kind of functional shape as a Nation.
19. I know that you have been given a priceless gift and honor of ENORMOUS potential good for the Nation, millions of individuals and the Body of Christ. And you & your leadership team have appeared to squander horrendous chunks of that potential on pettiness, personal pique, arrogance, stubbornness, meanness, willful blindness and willful ignorance. I know that many thousands of people in and out of the Body of Christ who COULD HAVE BEEN FITTINGLY AND USEFULLY WARNED about the spiritual and practical hazards of satanic globalism as well as the fallen angel UFO stuff have not been warned because of yalls junk and the junk of the likes of JeanS and Dirtboy and their cadre of harpies. To the degree THAT is true, there will be embarrassing amounts of blood on such hands, come judgment dayunless confession and repentance are heart-felt effected before thenand even then, though it may cover such sins redemptively with Christs bloodit will not save thousands who would have otherwise been saved had such a sobering responsibility been carried more fittingly and Biblically earlier.
20. Yet again, as all of us every dayhave a choice. You can continue as is most likelyas you have for decades. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. And, I am well aware that you have rarely to never demonstrated, to my awareness, the least bit of a constructive response to negative feedback. Its more likely that such a msg will result in a hardened heart, more arrogance and more stubbornness. That will be however it will be, with the responsibility for individual choices resting with each individual on your leadership team as well as on your supporters.
21. I only know of one priceless brilliant Christian in the upper levels of FR respect, who could likely help pull FR out of such a mess. You know who that is. You probably know they would be highly unlikely to ever say anythingparticularly unasked. And, even if asked, they would likely be very sparse with their wordsand it would be easy for you to discount, dismiss and ignore their wisdom. They would not push it. Shoot, they likely even would help you circle the wagons unless God made it clear they needed to do otherwise for your spiritual and other health.
22. Time is running out. Your options are shrinking daily in a list of ways as they are for all of us--unless we abide in Christ. I dont know if Fresno is at a high enough elevation to escape coming traumas for California. I dont think it is. Besides, the Chinese are not likely to be kind to Californians when they arrive to take possession of so much that they now own. I dont know if HumbleGunners place in Texas is far enough from the coast and from Mexico to be wise either. I just know, you and all on the planet need to do MUCH BETTER at getting your spiritual house and your practical house in order--faster.
22. The question was raised in the FREE QUIX thread you closed yesterday about whether Id like to return to FR. (A) I dont feel the freedom to do that without your confession, repentance and evidence that you are going to sincerely back such confession and repentance up with fruit as the Bible might put it. Confess and repent about what? Whatever of the above that God would confirm as having validity and truth in your life. I suspect hell would freeze over before youd humble yourself sufficiently to confess and repent. BTW, it needs to be public because your junk was flung about so freely publicly. (B) I dont feel the freedom to return unless my posting options would cease to be curtailed by mindless, ignorant boundaries. That would include about globalism AS WELL AS the fallen angel UFO topic. I miss the relationship connections but God is God and always will be God and makes even that OK. Besides, folks can find me on this TBL forum.
22.1 Yes, THIS TOO is done as Id want done toward me IF Id demonstrated the junk you and your leadership has demonstrated for 11+ years. Id want someone to care enough to try and starkly but caringly get my attention about such horrors in my life and turf.
23. I do thank you for the years I had on FR of many fulfilling and meaningful exchanges with very interesting people of great diversity but a lot of shared values. May God richly reward you for the humble part I had in all that.
24. I do pray that you earnestly do what you can to, by Gods Grace, truly get your act together. Reaping what we have sown can be a troublesome challenge for all of us. Given your evident current bent, Id much hate to see any further reaping what you have sown.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:43:06 PM by Quix »
As that pastor interprets it, under that pastor's authority, not His authority.
Onyx my dear, I understand why you avoid the RF so assiduously: it's a sewer of dark euphemisms and poisonous semantic pedantry.
Did you develop most of your code(s) to live by while a Texan or...you know...while you were one of THEM...in NY?
“Theres no question about it ... Quix, while here on Free Republic, was a sincere, dedicated, Bible-believing and energetic Christian - helping and posting whenever and wherever he could.”
No there is no question about it . . . Quix while here was the kind of Christian poster who drives people away from Christ not toward Him.
Yes, abortion is horrible. It destroys the moral fibre of our nation and makes us more indifferent to the plight of others.
Whatever gays do, on the other hand, doesn’t kill anyone except maybe themselves, and affects only a small percentage of the population.
Those are life lessons that I learned the hard way. Too bad I didn’t just wait to hear them from you. That would have been so much less painful, LOL!
When you write that book, let me know, K? ;-)
While having been born in TX, I spose it comes naturally.
I was just hijacked by my parents to suffer the many years away from bliss.
Hey! I saw that! You’re flirting with another man!
[I miss some of those banned Freepers]
Many people do Ed. It’s strange to read through a thread from just a few years ago and see so many people who are gone!
Funny thing, you and I both joined Free Republic in Oct of 2001.
Well, alright then. Just stay away from TheOldLady. I saw her first today.
I have to disagree. They recruit. And they look for lonely and confused young people thereby spreading their sickness. They also use children.
Abortion murders more people but homosexuality enslaves and kills souls.
If more people made a bed and slept in it like you have, the world would be a better place.
Not your 'main social issue' yet you felt so passionate about it that you deemed it necessary to disparage the entire population of this forum?
I just wanted to say that I am not a homophobe, which seems to be a requirement on Free Republic.
I dunno. Quix was certainly quixotic, but I can skim past his more, let’s say “out there” stuff as well as the next person. There are lots more people whose posts I miss here because they’ve been banned, so I don’t know why I’m jumping in here.
I usually stay out of these sorts of things, but I just thought I’d put in my two cents.
I just read the Wikipedia entry for THX1138. It was George Lucas’ first film and it sounds like an interesting movie. I don’t think I have ever seen it but will be sure and look for it now. Thanks.
I can’t flirt with NYTexan! He’s already my friend.
Jealousy is an ugly thing. ;-)
Well, okay then, for now. But I’m putting his name on my new list I started today. List of FReepers who may be mashers. Good night all.
Good night, sweetie. Nice meeting you. Ping me!
NYTexan is not a masher! Gee whiz!
” - - - Failing that, my pure heart and clean living will keep me safe. “
I’ll drink to that!
BTW, there are no bad sides to Folks who live in TEXAS, but some sides are better than others.
Glad everyone is OK. I’ll see y’all at Traitor John’s next week, as over the Fourth they ran out of Kool-Aid for a whole week! The Fourth is a very bad time for Libs.
BTW, BTW, did you hear that Traitor Jim is working on a Book Deal? Yep. Something entitled “Profile of Cowards.”
They asked Justice Kennedy if he wanted to be in the chapter about the on again, off again cowardly Liberal, but he couldn’t make up his mind.
Starwise, I just visited your home page. Great stuff! ;-0)
Amen. What’s so hard to understand here?
Vote conservatives in the primary, vote for down ticket conservatives in the election, let the gopers suck rocks.
It’s an election year, and things tend to get a bit wound up around here, but I can see November from my house, out here in the smouldering Great Basin, and I have the greatest expectaions for a Reaganistic shutout of the commie bastards... after all, I’m an awesomist.
“Everything’s gonna be okay.” - “Little” Phil Little, CVA-63, Gulf of Tonkin, 1968
Keep yer powder dry, our future can turn to our favor yet...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.