Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Marijuana to be BIG in the News Tomorrow
Self | July 22, 2012 | PJ-Comix

Posted on 07/22/2012 6:51:16 AM PDT by PJ-Comix

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-117 next last
To: PJ-Comix

Should be legal with prescription for medical ailments. It is the most effective and safest treatment for migraines. Other meds have a great incidence of causing strokes. It’s sad that meds that are legal are far worse for you. I blame recreational users for limited access to those who actually need it for medical reasons.

51 posted on 07/22/2012 10:49:22 AM PDT by StolarStorm
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Barry going to sign an EO that will shut down all the medical growers?

52 posted on 07/22/2012 10:55:49 AM PDT by TBall
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

What publication is due on the newstand at 4:14?

Does the member of the gang now work for the DOH in HI or the FBI and swear that BO told all of them he was “Born in Kenya”?

I’ve had three questions...Can seventeen more be asked?

Oops now down to sixteen...

53 posted on 07/22/2012 10:56:06 AM PDT by hoosiermama (Obama: "Born in Kenya" Lying now or then.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

When I think of Horace Greeley, I think of the letter of Lincoln’s that he published where Lincoln told Greeley that he would emancipate all slaves or emancipate none if it would save the Union.

54 posted on 07/22/2012 11:02:10 AM PDT by torchthemummy (Calvin Coolidge - "Patriotism is looking out for yourself by looking out for your Country.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

It makes women want to have sex with jazz musicians?

55 posted on 07/22/2012 11:03:08 AM PDT by tacticalogic ("Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.)

To: WakeUpAndVote

Why are there no girls in this picture? Are these Choomers perhaps homos?

56 posted on 07/22/2012 11:04:49 AM PDT by Gaffer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

Bookmark

57 posted on 07/22/2012 11:05:04 AM PDT by 2111USMC (Aim Small, Miss Small)

To: windcliff

ping

58 posted on 07/22/2012 11:06:55 AM PDT by stylecouncilor (Some minds are like soup in a poor restaurant...better left unstirred.-PG Wodehouse)

But did they take the brown acid?

59 posted on 07/22/2012 11:09:50 AM PDT by dfwgator (FUJR (not you, Jim))

Is your post simply passing on the following.....

Rally To Save Harborside Health Center July 23 in Oakland, CA

Last October CA’s four US Attorney’s announced a crackdown on medical cannabis, saying they would target organizations using medical cannabis as a shield for criminal activity and profiteering. But the list of those actually targeted reads like an honor role of the most legitimate and legally compliant medical cannabis providers in the state.

On July 9th, Harborside Health Center was added to that list, when federal agents taped a notice of property forfeiture to our front doors. This action was a major escalation by US Attorney Melinda Haag, who previously had said she would focus enforcement actions on dispensaries that too close to schools, or out of compliance with state law.....

Snip....

Who cares what happens in Oakland?

60 posted on 07/22/2012 11:16:56 AM PDT by unique1

To: Gaffer
My guess would be yes. Most boys that age with access to large amount of drugs in Hawaii would be surrounded by good looking female groupies.

I think this is a club of homosexual drug users.

61 posted on 07/22/2012 11:51:20 AM PDT by Gabrial (The nightmare will continue as long as the nightmare is in the White House)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

To: WackySam; PJ-Comix

>>All your questions will be answered sometime after 4:14 PM EDT tomorrow..

Smells like an API press release.... <<

Just wait 24 business hours (or so)...

62 posted on 07/22/2012 12:04:00 PM PDT by freedumb2003 (obozo could bring back literal slavery with chains and still he will get 85+% of the black vote)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: freedumb2003

Wouldn’t it be FUnnie if the action starts at 4:20 PM? That is a marijuana reference so just for FUn I am changing my prediction by six minutes to say anytime after 4:20 PM tomorrow.

63 posted on 07/22/2012 1:07:01 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

An executive order to legalize medical marijuana and pay for it under Obamacare?

64 posted on 07/22/2012 1:11:18 PM PDT by Eva
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Truth in Trials Act, Medical Marijuana Protection bill to be proposed by bi-partisan team (Barney Frank and Ron Paul)
65 posted on 07/22/2012 1:21:33 PM PDT by Eva

I can't get too excited.
Can't be bad news for Obiwon, tomorrow isn't a friday.
66 posted on 07/22/2012 1:26:17 PM PDT by norton

Please ping me to the answer after 4:14 EDT tomorrow.

Thanks!

67 posted on 07/22/2012 1:38:02 PM PDT by hattend (Firearms and ammunition...the only growing industries under the Obama regime.)

Well, Obama has made a big effort to excite the gay vote and illegal alien vote. I predict that he is now going after the pot head vote.

Am I right? Give me a hint.

68 posted on 07/22/2012 1:39:51 PM PDT by kara37

To: Dianna

What?

Do you have a link?

69 posted on 07/22/2012 1:42:21 PM PDT by hattend (Firearms and ammunition...the only growing industries under the Obama regime.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: freedumb2003
Just wait 24 business hours (or so)...

Or longer, depending on how quickly they're cleared to do so....
70 posted on 07/22/2012 1:54:48 PM PDT by WackySam (Obama got Osama just like Nixon landed on the moon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

To: kara37

There’s a reason it is also called ‘DOPE’,

71 posted on 07/22/2012 4:46:44 PM PDT by aimhigh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

To: hattend

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2908478/posts

72 posted on 07/22/2012 5:13:33 PM PDT by OwenKellogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

You’ll feel really creepy tomorrow after 4:14 PM EDT tomorrow..

If you’re putting the creepy factor in, I would say the Batman shooter is son to a Choom Gang member.

73 posted on 07/22/2012 5:19:03 PM PDT by Despot of the Delta
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

To: OwenKellogg

Wow.

Chilling reading.

Now I am afraid to see Aug 3rd.

74 posted on 07/22/2012 5:25:45 PM PDT by hattend (Firearms and ammunition...the only growing industries under the Obama regime.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

Chilling, yes.

PJ-Comix’s prediction is about tomorrow.

75 posted on 07/22/2012 5:42:43 PM PDT by OwenKellogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 74 | View Replies]

To: OwenKellogg

I know but your link also has a lot of references to Aug 3rd

76 posted on 07/22/2012 5:52:35 PM PDT by hattend (Firearms and ammunition...the only growing industries under the Obama regime.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 75 | View Replies]

Either way, I’m not looking forward to another “RIP in the space/time continuum” — unless it is truly positive.

77 posted on 07/22/2012 6:01:32 PM PDT by OwenKellogg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 76 | View Replies]

Are you getting an article published in the Times?

78 posted on 07/22/2012 7:31:23 PM PDT by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: LibertyRocks
Are you getting an article published in the Times?

??????????

The NY Times? Why would I have an article there? I somehow doubt they would publish anything I wrote.

79 posted on 07/22/2012 9:26:16 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

A User’s Guide To Smoking Pot With Barack Obama

As a member of the Choom Gang, Barry Obama was known for starting a few pot-smoking trends. The first was called “TA,” short for “total absorption.” To place this in the physical and political context of another young man who would grow up to be president, TA was the antithesis of Bill Clinton’s claim that as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford he smoked dope but never inhaled.

Along with TA, Barry popularized the concept of “roof hits”: when they were chooming in the car all the windows had to be rolled up so no smoke blew out and went to waste; when the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling.

When you were with Barry and his pals, if you exhaled precious pakalolo (Hawaiian slang for marijuana, meaning “numbing tobacco”) instead of absorbing it fully into your lungs, you were assessed a penalty and your turn was skipped the next time the joint came around. “Wasting good bud smoke was not tolerated,” explained one member of the Choom Gang, Tom Topolinski, the Chinese-looking kid with a Polish name who answered to Topo.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/a-users-guide-to-smoking-pot-with-barack-obama

80 posted on 07/22/2012 9:52:19 PM PDT by GGpaX4DumpedTea (I am a Tea Party descendant...steeped in the Constitutional Republic given to us by the Founders.)

To: GGpaX4DumpedTea
In case nobody can figure out why Obama is cracking down on pot, then follow the money. Specifically Big Pharm $$$$. There is a lot of money to be made from the medicinal marijuana business and the Big Pharm companies don't want the medicinal marijuana dispensaries to siphon it away. Thus the crackdown. Oh, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if one of the prices for Big Pharm support for ObamaCare was a promised crackdown on the medicinal marijuana dispensaries. Note that the crackdown began when the Bamster start to need the campaign bucks.

I admit I couldn't figure out WHY the crackdown until I went to the basic motive for Obama: $$$$. When you follow the money you can always find Obama's motives.

81 posted on 07/23/2012 9:05:53 AM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

To: StolarStorm
Should be legal with prescription for medical ailments.

I agree.

It’s sad that meds that are legal are far worse for you. I blame recreational users for limited access to those who actually need it for medical reasons.

Put the blame where the power lies - with the pols and bureaucrats who use recreational users as an excuse to block medical use.

82 posted on 07/23/2012 9:51:32 AM PDT by JustSayNoToNannies (A free society's default policy: it's none of government's business.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

You mentioned Horace Greeley - just Horace Greeley, so I figured it might have something to do with his being editor of the Times way back when... Plus, you had an exact time (like the embargo stamp on articles and press releases). Anyway, you shouldn’t sell yourself short in regards to your writing, but I admit I was having a hard time figuring out WHY you would WANT to have an article in the NYTimes! LOL

83 posted on 07/23/2012 1:52:41 PM PDT by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

I am feeling a Matthews going up and down my leg in anticipation!Only 30 more minutes.

84 posted on 07/23/2012 2:38:14 PM PDT by Cyman

Hero or Goat time, coming right up!

85 posted on 07/23/2012 2:52:01 PM PDT by Gabrial (The nightmare will continue as long as the nightmare is in the White House)

To: Gabrial

...And it’s gone.

86 posted on 07/23/2012 3:06:38 PM PDT by Malsua
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies]

I predict 420 replies to this thread.

87 posted on 07/23/2012 3:08:18 PM PDT by Revolting cat! (Bad things are wrong!)

"Well, we're waiting . . ."

88 posted on 07/23/2012 3:13:54 PM PDT by Hemingway's Ghost (Spirit of '75)

To: Hemingway's Ghost

89 posted on 07/23/2012 3:15:42 PM PDT by dfwgator (FUJR (not you, Jim))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

Not necessarily just Big Pharma, either... You have to take into consideration his ties with the Sinaloa cartel. The cartel doesn’t exactly appreciate LEGAL COMPETITION! The advent of legality in growing marijuana here in the states has taken AWAY some of the power and money from these cartel folks. The gov’t is so involved in the drug trade (and not stopping it) that it’s disgusting.

We also don’t need Big Pharma controlling what is essentially a plant with a very wide variety of uses, and benefits (besides just ingestion/inhalation qualities for medicinal therapy). The “war on drugs” is one of the biggest scams the gov’t has going on today.

His decision to crack down on medical dispensaries is just another ploy to keep his cartel buddies happy. Letting the PEOPLE of this country grow, sell, and dispense marijuana without the NEED for government intervention gives the PEOPLE too much power and money, and takes the power and money away from the Cartels AND the Government.

90 posted on 07/23/2012 3:22:36 PM PDT by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

Not necessarily just Big Pharma, either... You have to take into consideration his ties with the Sinaloa cartel. The cartel doesn’t exactly appreciate LEGAL COMPETITION! The advent of legality in growing marijuana here in the states has taken AWAY some of the power and money from these cartel folks. The gov’t is so involved in the drug trade (and not stopping it) that it’s disgusting.

We also don’t need Big Pharma controlling what is essentially a plant with a very wide variety of uses, and benefits (besides just ingestion/inhalation qualities for medicinal therapy). The “war on drugs” is one of the biggest scams the gov’t has going on today.

His decision to crack down on medical dispensaries is just another ploy to keep his cartel buddies happy. Letting the PEOPLE of this country grow, sell, and dispense marijuana without the NEED for government intervention gives the PEOPLE too much power and money, and takes the power and money away from the Cartels AND the Government.

91 posted on 07/23/2012 3:22:36 PM PDT by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

To: dfwgator
Figures I'd blow the reference on a pot thread...

I was thinking of Dean Wormer goading Flounder before he puked, but you're right. Damn!

92 posted on 07/23/2012 3:25:36 PM PDT by Hemingway's Ghost (Spirit of '75)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 89 | View Replies]

To: Malsua
...And it’s gone.

Ahem! What part of "after" don't you understand. I predicted this today for sometime AFTER 4:12 PM EDT today. According to my watch we still have 7 hours left until TODAY is over. See my exact quote below:

All your questions will be answered sometime after 4:14 PM EDT tomorrow.

93 posted on 07/23/2012 3:27:12 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

“Ahem! What part of “after” don’t you understand. I predicted this today for sometime AFTER 4:12 PM EDT today. “

Don’t be showing us a Christmas present in the shape of a Red Ryder B-B gun and then tell us we can’t open it yet!:)

94 posted on 07/23/2012 3:36:51 PM PDT by Cyman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 93 | View Replies]

To: Cyman
LOL! A self-identified "community organzer" in Oakland is now slamming Obama over his marijuana crackdown. You can watch it via LiveStream HERE.

A press conference.

95 posted on 07/23/2012 3:43:19 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 94 | View Replies]

To: Cyman

The morons at the press conference think his prosecutors have “gone rogue” on Obama. Riiiiiight! Like a federal prosecutor his going to risk his/her career by going rogue. Sorry, Stoners, but Prosecutor Haag is doing EXACTLY what her bosses, Eric Holder and the Bamster, told her to do.

96 posted on 07/23/2012 3:47:21 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 94 | View Replies]

To: LibertyRocks; Charles Henrickson

The Hempire Strikes Back.

97 posted on 07/23/2012 3:54:13 PM PDT by PJ-Comix (Beware the Rip in the Space/Time Continuum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies]

...Prosecutor Haag is doing EXACTLY what her bosses, Eric Holder and the Bamster, told her to do.

'I'll get you my stoners. And your little dogs, too!'

98 posted on 07/23/2012 4:25:28 PM PDT by Ken H
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

Does this have to do with Obama's appearance today in Oakland, and the planned protests by NORML over the closings of California's medical marijuana clubs?

-PJ

99 posted on 07/23/2012 4:32:36 PM PDT by Political Junkie Too (If you can vote for President, then your children can run for President.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 93 | View Replies]

To: Political Junkie Too

Dr. Dean O’Dell (I hate him) got this scoop at 5:am Austin time. So glad he was cancelled.

100 posted on 07/23/2012 4:37:20 PM PDT by txhurl (Scott Walker is my President.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-117 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson