Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Zakeet

I am a PSU fan. Have been since my youngest years.
PSU isn’t going to dwindle away.
It’s a great school. The Sandusky crimes, and those of the officials who didn’t do all they could to stop him, are the crimes of those who participated. Collective punishment stinks and any so-called ‘’conservative’’ who pushes collective guilt and punishment is welcome to kiss my lily white tookus.
Because a few dirtbags failed, are we to flog the entire community?
Let those who did the crimes do the time.

31 posted on 07/22/2012 6:31:38 PM PDT by Thumper1960 (A modern so-called "Conservative" is a shadow of a wisp of a vertebrate human being.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Thumper1960

Was a great school.

A place offering annual events.like “Cunt Fest” and “Sex Faire” have become sleazy party schools, what ever else goes on.

When Spanier’s mess is cleaned up, it might become good again, but as things now stand the entire university is deserving of ridicule. As is any individual even if unconnected who tries to claim other wise.

Give up on this one, and throw your effort where it belongs - working with other alumni to clean things up, even if it means litigation to restore the lost value of your degree.

49 posted on 07/22/2012 8:24:27 PM PDT by MrEdd (Heck? Geewhiz Cripes, thats the place where people who don't believe in Gosh think they aint going.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]

To: Thumper1960
I am a PSU fan. Have been since my youngest years. PSU isn’t going to dwindle away.
It’s a great school. The Sandusky crimes, and those of the officials who didn’t do all they could to stop him, are the crimes of those who participated. Collective punishment stinks and any so-called ‘’conservative’’ who pushes collective guilt and punishment is welcome to kiss my lily white tookus.
Because a few dirtbags failed, are we to flog the entire community?
Let those who did the crimes do the time.

I do agree with you. The perp has been tried and found guilty, justice has been handed out. It's time to move on. I mean, we could play these coulda, shoulda, woulda games until the cows come home on who should have done what but I always maintained the that it is up to the victims themselves to bear the responsibility of reporting any possible crimes to get the justice system rolling (unless a policeman catches them in the act). Yeah, maybe Paterno and the administration could have done more, I don't know. We have to remember, Paterno was born in 1926, he is/was part of a generation that did not go out of the pecking order much like we do now, I'm sure he told his higher ups about it and maybe he thought things would get done.

I think the NCAA is being, way way too punitive on Penn State, they might as well drop the Tsar Bomba on the place, yeah, that will show them. B-P

I just don't like all of this finger pointing and frontier justice that seems so prevalent in these post against Penn State. We need less knee-jerk reaction here.

For the record, I never went to Penn State but have relative and friend who went there. I know I'm going to get clobbered but I figure someone has to speak out.
53 posted on 07/22/2012 10:31:12 PM PDT by Nowhere Man (June 28th, 2012, the Day America Jumped The Shark.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson