Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

What Happens At The Olympic Village, Stays At The Olympic Village
ESPN ^ | July 23, 2012 | Sam Alipour

Posted on 07/30/2012 3:22:42 PM PDT by trailhkr1

"The next morning," Lakatos says, "swear to God, the entire women's 4x100 relay team of some Scandinavian-looking country walks out of the house, followed by boys from our side. And I'm just going, 'Holy crap, we'd watched these girls run the night before.'"

(Excerpt) Read more at espn.go.com ...

TOPICS: Sports
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-66 next last
150,000 condoms given out to the athletes this year. Gave out 80,000 in Beijing and they ran out...

http://www.manolith.com/2012/07/20/150000-olympic-condoms-thats-15-per-athlete-to-be-handed-out-at-london-2012/

Hope Solo, goalkeeper for the US women’s Olympic soccer team, has spoken in the past about all the sex that happens at the Olympics.

“I’ve seen people having sex out in the open, getting down and dirty on grass between buildings,” she said. “I may have snuck a celebrity into my Beijing room without anybody knowing and snuck him back out. But that’s my Olympic secret.”

Many athletes cheat on their spouses at the games, but it doesn’t seem to be a big deal in that culture. They take sort of a “what happens at the Olympics stays at the Olympics” perspective on things. ‘I was feeling super-guilty for cheating on my boyfriend,’ a female Olympic sthlete told the New York Post. ‘And a fellow athlete said, “Why? Everyone hooked up last night”.’

1 posted on 07/30/2012 3:22:47 PM PDT by trailhkr1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: trailhkr1

Damn, if I had known that was going on, I would have worked much harder on my Hammer Throwing skills when I was younger.

2 posted on 07/30/2012 3:25:39 PM PDT by dfwgator (FUJR (not you, Jim))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

AND, for those Lucky USA athletes....we have Obamacare, so we can take care of any "unfortunate mistakes".

Fluke-season in London.....

3 posted on 07/30/2012 3:29:44 PM PDT by traditional1 (Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!)

Lolo Jones is claiming she is a virgin (at age 29) and is waiting for marriage and Gabby Daniels the US gymnast prays before each routine and reads scripture so not all debauchery..

4 posted on 07/30/2012 3:33:44 PM PDT by trailhkr1

Maybe sexual intercourse can become an Olympic event.

5 posted on 07/30/2012 3:34:11 PM PDT by Third Person ( A man's got to know his limitations.)

To quote Jabba.... "Bring me Solo" LOL
6 posted on 07/30/2012 3:36:05 PM PDT by jakerobins

“I may have snuck a celebrity into my Beijing room without anybody knowing and snuck him back out. But that’s my Olympic secret.”

I saw Kobe Bryant checking out the US Women's volleyball team. The announcer said is was just good sportsmanship.

7 posted on 07/30/2012 3:37:28 PM PDT by FatherofFive (Islam is evil and must be eradicated)

To: jakerobins
This just in.....Leryn Franco is still hot

8 posted on 07/30/2012 3:38:07 PM PDT by dfwgator (FUJR (not you, Jim))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: traditional1

Seems like the Olympics is a glorified barnyard.

9 posted on 07/30/2012 3:39:10 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Third Person
What I find bizarre is the women wear super skimpy sports bras and the tightest, revealing panty style shorts in nearly every athletic event but the men in the very same sport wear long t shirts and long shorts. Even in rowing yesterday the men wore long shorts and t shirts while the women in the very same event wore the tightest skimpiest bikinis and sports bras.

How long before the women in Dressage start wearing skimpy outfits?

10 posted on 07/30/2012 3:41:21 PM PDT by trailhkr1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

one would expect nothing but world-class decadence from the olympics of such a decadent world.

11 posted on 07/30/2012 3:50:34 PM PDT by the invisib1e hand (Woe to them...)

Seems like if shorts and a shirt were too restrictive for the women they’d be too restrictive for the men too.

Must be something else compelling the difference. Like maybe the women think nobody would watch their events if it wasn’t Victoria’s Secret on display. Kinda sad, that they sell themselves short like that.

12 posted on 07/30/2012 3:51:39 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Sex sells, or perhaps reeks of ratings desperation.

13 posted on 07/30/2012 3:55:31 PM PDT by Third Person ( A man's got to know his limitations.)

To: butterdezillion
Must be something else compelling the difference. Like maybe the women think nobody would watch their events if it wasn’t Victoria’s Secret on display. Kinda sad, that they sell themselves short like that.

I don't have an answer. I think many are doing it for lucrative ad contracts..making themselves stand out from their fellow women athletes.

Why do women wear padded, push up bras with major cleavage showing just going out food shopping?

14 posted on 07/30/2012 3:57:36 PM PDT by trailhkr1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

I wouldn’t watch women’s volleyball if they didn’t dress like that. It’s like watching a sub-par men’s team.

15 posted on 07/30/2012 3:58:36 PM PDT by EEGator

Lolo is a beautiful girl.
Thanks for the photo.

16 posted on 07/30/2012 4:00:25 PM PDT by nascarnation
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I don’t know about the cleavage showing but I can testify from experience that it’s hard to find any bras that AREN’T push-ups. Like it’s hard to find dresses that are long enough to cover the necessities when you bend down. Makes me glad I’ve got a sewing machine.

17 posted on 07/30/2012 4:03:03 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: EEGator

Do you watch pro football, basketball, hockey, etc teams that are sub-par?

Maybe it comes down to why a person watches a particular event.

18 posted on 07/30/2012 4:05:16 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: the invisib1e hand

The Olympics = the UN of athletics.

19 posted on 07/30/2012 4:10:34 PM PDT by WestTexasWend
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Put a bunch of young, attractive, vital people together in a semi-isolated environment where they don’t have much to do and they’ll find something to do.

20 posted on 07/30/2012 4:11:29 PM PDT by discostu (Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.)

I don't watch the Olympics anymore. Totally politicized, random interests making Social Statements at the awards ceremonies, and a bunch of steroid-laced kids going on "Spring Break".

Next event coming up on the Agenda: the wet t-shirt contests.....

21 posted on 07/30/2012 4:12:20 PM PDT by traditional1 (Don't gotsta worry 'bout no mo'gage, don't gotsta worry 'bout no gas; Obama gonna take care o' me!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Women don’t have pro football or hockey, and I don’t watch the WNBA. I would bet the best men’s high school basketball team would beat the WNBA All-stars. I still root for all of our athletes. I do like track and field for both men and women. As another poster stated, sex sells. Do you really want to see some guy’s hairy rear end? Men and women are just different. I don’t see that as bad.

22 posted on 07/30/2012 4:14:09 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Like maybe the women think nobody would watch their events if it wasn’t Victoria’s Secret on display.

It's not just the Olympics. I work out at a University gym that is open to the public. 90% of the women wear sports bras and super tight, shear, yoga pants with nothing underneath. (I'm not complaining LOL).

23 posted on 07/30/2012 4:14:50 PM PDT by trailhkr1

To: discostu

You mean—Put a bunch of young, attractive, vital people who have been fooled by postmodernism together in a semi-isolated environment where they don’t have much to do and they’ll find a way to damage themselves.

24 posted on 07/30/2012 4:15:00 PM PDT by reasonisfaith (Why do you seek the living among the dead? (Luke 24:5))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Strike them all down, skanks

25 posted on 07/30/2012 4:16:03 PM PDT by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)

Marriage vows and decency mean nothing to these freaks

26 posted on 07/30/2012 4:20:09 PM PDT by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)

Put a bunch of young, attractive, vital people together in a semi-isolated environment where they don’t have much to do and they’ll find something to do.

Pretty much this^^^^^. They have trained for years, sacrificed social lives at homes and after their event(s) is over they just let go, the pressure is off...that and athletic people, men and women have high libidos anyway.

27 posted on 07/30/2012 4:23:18 PM PDT by trailhkr1

Same here at the University of Florida. No complaining here either. They know damn well how they look when they leave the house.

28 posted on 07/30/2012 4:24:27 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: GeronL

Do you think that might be a bit excessive?

29 posted on 07/30/2012 4:26:24 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

do you think they test for VD as well as steroids?

30 posted on 07/30/2012 4:31:07 PM PDT by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

I doubt it...why?

31 posted on 07/30/2012 4:33:03 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

What’s sad, though, is that a lot of girls view themselves as basically horseflesh. They run like a horse; they screw like a horse. And that’s what it means to be an athlete - somebody whose entire identity is their body and what their body can do, on the court and off. It’s at the high school and junior high levels, and it’s really disgusting to watch at those levels.

I was an athlete in high school; went to state in multiple track events. I loved the whole idea of pushing myself to excel. Discipline, hard work, honesty and character, teamwork... that was the human part of sports, and that’s just as real for Special Olympics participants as it is for Olympians who run a race, take the gold medal, wipe off their sweat, and then go look for somebody to screw on the grass as if it meant nothing just like everything else in their life.

For me, I’d rather watch the Special Olympian. It seems more human to me, even if all the techniques are less than perfect.

32 posted on 07/30/2012 4:34:14 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

I wouldn’t watch women’s volleyball if they didn’t dress like that.

I would only watch women's figure skating if they made them do it naked.

33 posted on 07/30/2012 4:36:06 PM PDT by KevinB (We'll stop treating Obama like a dog when he stops treating us like a fire hydrant - Fred Grandy)

Put a bunch of young, attractive, vital people together in a semi-isolated environment where they don’t have much to do and they’ll find something someone to do.

There, fixed it.

34 posted on 07/30/2012 4:39:36 PM PDT by dfwgator (FUJR (not you, Jim))

I agree with your post. Many of the female athletes show off on purpose. Either for lucrative endorsements or to show all the work, sacrifices, and dedication it took. Many women use their beauty to get what they want, and many men are happy to oblige. I am much more attracted to Lolo Jones than some chick that would let me do her on some lawn. There are still many decent people and athletes. It just isn’t as good of a story.

35 posted on 07/30/2012 4:40:21 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

How long before the women in Dressage start wearing skimpy outfits?

Don't go there.

36 posted on 07/30/2012 4:48:14 PM PDT by dr_lew

Olympic Sodom.... only time and there will be licking and massaging events.. not to speak of “packing”...

37 posted on 07/30/2012 4:49:47 PM PDT by hosepipe (This propaganda has been edited to include some fully orbed hyperbole..)

This.

They’ll all spout feminist, PC, bullskat about being as good as the men but deep down they know they’re not.

38 posted on 07/30/2012 4:53:00 PM PDT by MtBaldy (If Obama is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question)

I guess you’ve never been in the military.

39 posted on 07/30/2012 4:54:06 PM PDT by rabidralph
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: rabidralph; GeronL
I guess you’ve never been in the military.

Or a college campus on a Friday or Saturday night....same stuff goes on with less media attention.

40 posted on 07/30/2012 4:56:35 PM PDT by trailhkr1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

To: rabidralph

It is totally dishonorable to act like animals. Especially if your are married.

They should all be zotted.

41 posted on 07/30/2012 4:59:14 PM PDT by GeronL (The Right to Life came before the Right to Pursue Happiness)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

I agree. And they will be, some day. Believe me, I am not condoning this. It is shocking, sad and disappointing. But that is society.

42 posted on 07/30/2012 5:01:34 PM PDT by rabidralph
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

I swear the next change in bikini wear will be little butt “vent” ovals showing off butt crack. Then after that, front side vent ovals. Then, bikini tops that only cover the areolas with strings around the back. Then, they will finally not even use clothing anymore, but will just spay on a template line or two to appear like they have something on but they won’t.

Laugh,that is what will happen. Whoda thunk we’d have the stuff we see now not too long ago?

43 posted on 07/30/2012 5:15:33 PM PDT by Secret Agent Man (I can neither confirm or deny that; even if I could, I couldn't - it's classified.)

The female “jocks” at my kids’ high school went to a party and got plastered during basketball season this last year. Almost the whole girls’ basketball team. Before they were totally plastered, though, they went around ordering the guys to pull off the girls’ shirts. They assumed that any guy would be willing to risk sexual assault charges for the chance to see their T&A. None of the guys would do it though, and the girls were mad, as if everybody should be eating out of their hands just for a chance at sexual favors from them.

That’s what it means to be a female athlete at the high school level, at least in this school. The guy jocks take turns doing it with the girl jocks, and the whole bunch of them assume (rightly, unfortunately) that they can do whatever they like and the community will wink because we all want to have a good sports program. By having attractive, skilled bodies they have EARNED the right to do whatever they want - and their families, community, and school play right along with that.

The whole thing reeks of entitlement, arrogance, and a total lack of discipline and respect.

I would have liked for my kids to be in athletics. They need to strengthen both their minds and bodies. But there was no place for them within this climate. They didn’t have the ATTITUDE it takes to belong to this kind of setting. And they pretty much decided that if that’s what it means to be an athlete they don’t want any part of it. So they play computer games...

The gangsta attitude is ugly. Maybe it’s different at different levels of athletics, but I suspect maybe not. Which is why somebody like Tebow or Lin stand out so much. I think those people DO make a good story, to the “normal” people out there like you or me or our kids. Just not to the people who ridicule the ideals of those players, and there are a lot of people in this society who would rather that we all live as if we were horseflesh.

One of my friends in high school was the high school jock. He could have had athletic scholarships in basketball and football to go to lots of colleges, but had always dreamed of being a Husker. He was torn about what to do but ultimately followed his dream and walked on at UNL in football. He did well in the training camp but in the end he gave it up because he was so disillusioned by what he saw. It wasn’t the same game as it had been in our small school. It was an attitude that disgusted him.

My boss’ son has a full football scholarship at UNL. He’s a good kid and I think he will do well; very skilled, strong, and smart. Like his dad and grandpa, who are also really good guys. He won’t have the culture shock that my friend had, because he’s been surrounded by that “Olympic” attitude his whole high school career. He doesn’t expect anything else.

That’s probably helpful to him but in a way that makes me sad. The same way the stories about the Olympic orgies make me sad. Most of these athletes don’t expect it to be otherwise - don’t expect to feel anything particular about cheating on their husband or wife for the sake of a 15-minute roll in the grass. It doesn’t mean anything anyway. And that makes me sad, because it could mean so much. Faithfulness could mean so much.

44 posted on 07/30/2012 5:19:12 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: Secret Agent Man

Well, the original Olympic athletes performed in the nude. What is old is new again, I guess.?

45 posted on 07/30/2012 5:24:07 PM PDT by bk1000 (A clear conscience is a sure sign of a poor memory)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: Secret Agent Man

Well, the original Olympic athletes performed in the nude. What is old is new again, I guess.?

46 posted on 07/30/2012 5:24:35 PM PDT by bk1000 (A clear conscience is a sure sign of a poor memory)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: bk1000

Were any of them women?

47 posted on 07/30/2012 5:29:56 PM PDT by butterdezillion
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

Sorry for the double post. I am struggling to get used to this new ‘smart’ phone.

48 posted on 07/30/2012 5:31:44 PM PDT by bk1000 (A clear conscience is a sure sign of a poor memory)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Sorry for the double post. I am struggling to get used to this new ‘smart’ phone.

49 posted on 07/30/2012 5:32:01 PM PDT by bk1000 (A clear conscience is a sure sign of a poor memory)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

I have seen the arrogance of some jocks as well, and I agree with your post. My only disagreement is that you could get your kids into a sport that is less mainstream. Depending on where you live, maybe track and field or cross country. I played CYO basketball. (Catholic Youth Organization) It’s important to be in some type of athletics, for the body and mind. It helps instill discipline, hard work ethic, and of course physical health. You sound like a good parent, and that is a huge part of how children turn out.

50 posted on 07/30/2012 5:35:18 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-66 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson