Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

... satisfy their own needs (*)

Apparently 'overparenting' more true in the affluent communities.

A lot of studies/reports have been done on 'underparenting', and not the subject of this article.

1 posted on 08/08/2012 5:29:47 AM PDT by Sir Napsalot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: Sir Napsalot

ping

2 posted on 08/08/2012 5:40:51 AM PDT by dalebert
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

bmfl

3 posted on 08/08/2012 6:08:30 AM PDT by Titan Magroyne (What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.)

To: Sir Napsalot

I’m trying my best to raise my kids with the right balance of what this article mentions. I’ve seen way to many kids who are now in their 20’s and have absolutely no direction, no problem-solving abilities, no incentive to get anything done, simply because they’ve been spoiled so much all their lives. They’re used to having everything handed to them and every problem solved by someone else.

My 12 and 6 year old get heaping doses of “Solve the problem yourself before bringing it to me” every day. If it’s one thing I do right as a parent, that’ll be it I hope. I can’t stand the sniveling, dependent, “fix it for me” generation that’s been produced.

6 posted on 08/08/2012 9:48:01 AM PDT by ItsOurTimeNow (Just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching into reverse and driving away!)

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson