Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

I will retire tomorrow
8/30/2012 | Randy Larsen

Posted on 08/30/2012 7:04:58 PM PDT by Randy Larsen

I am retiring tomorrow after 33 years(8/31/2012).

TOPICS: Chit/Chat
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-214 next last
Even though there are many here who can't stand what happened in my life, tomorrow is my last day at my job.

I've worked hard, raised my family right and now it's time for me to pass the torch to those I've trained to take my place.

I'm one of the hated "Public Employees" who chose a path over thirty years ago and now it's over and done with.

I have my flame proof undies on so have at it.

1 posted on 08/30/2012 7:05:00 PM PDT by Randy Larsen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Randy Larsen

Well, tomorrow take a pic of your first sunrise on retiring,
and go fishing.

2 posted on 08/30/2012 7:06:10 PM PDT by Mmogamer (I refudiate the lamestream media, leftists and their prevaricutions.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Congrats to you.33 years is a pretty long run,enjoy your retirement-you’ve earned it.

3 posted on 08/30/2012 7:06:54 PM PDT by Farmer Dean (stop worrying about what they want to do to you,start thinking about what you want to do to them)

Congratulations.

Sit back, crack a cold one, and enjoy.

4 posted on 08/30/2012 7:07:02 PM PDT by Emperor Palpatine (I need a good stiff drink. How 'bout you?)

Congratulations!!

So it is the end of you wearing Milkbone underwear in the dog eat dog world of public service?

Have fun!!!

5 posted on 08/30/2012 7:07:59 PM PDT by Cowgirl of Justice

To: Mmogamer

Big retirement party first, then off to slay those pesky fish I love so much!

6 posted on 08/30/2012 7:08:27 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I used to take payments for the IRS, so whatever your job was can’t be that bad.

7 posted on 08/30/2012 7:09:50 PM PDT by RaisingCain

Congratulations!!!

8 posted on 08/30/2012 7:09:51 PM PDT by TXBlair (Don't stop at Hasan's beard; shave off his entire head.)

Get really hammered and tell people off. Then sexually harass all the hot chicks.

9 posted on 08/30/2012 7:10:02 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Congratulations, thank you, good luck, and God bless!

10 posted on 08/30/2012 7:10:35 PM PDT by Volunteer (Though I know that the hypnotized never lie, do ya? - The Who)

I should have mentioned in my post that I live in Kalifornia.

11 posted on 08/30/2012 7:11:45 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)

I am retiring tomorrow after 33 years

In a row?

All the best to you.

12 posted on 08/30/2012 7:12:10 PM PDT by theDentist (FYBO/FUBO; qwerty ergo typo : i type, therefore i misspelll)

You’re not claiming to have ‘shrugged’ are you?

13 posted on 08/30/2012 7:12:10 PM PDT by Misterioso (The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it. -- Ayn Rand)

To: EEGator
Get really hammered and tell people off. Then sexually harass all the hot chicks.

Post of the day !!!

14 posted on 08/30/2012 7:13:10 PM PDT by Ouderkirk (Democrats...the party of Slavery, Segregation, Sodomy, and Sedition)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: EEGator

That’s usually how I roll! LOL!

15 posted on 08/30/2012 7:13:10 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Congrats and enjoy it!

16 posted on 08/30/2012 7:13:25 PM PDT by GenXteacher (You have chosen dishonor to avoid war; you shall have war also.)

Give my money back. The debt will not be forgiven, it must be paid.

17 posted on 08/30/2012 7:14:42 PM PDT by I see my hands (It's time to.. KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHER FREEPERS!)

I sincerely hope you enjoy your retirement........now, take the time and enjoy things you did not have to time to enjoy before......

18 posted on 08/30/2012 7:15:55 PM PDT by Kimmers (Fair isn't everybody getting the same thing, fair is getting what you need to be successful)

I should have mentioned in my post that I live in Kalifornia.

Calpers?

19 posted on 08/30/2012 7:16:32 PM PDT by umgud (No Rats, No Rino's)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Congratulations! May God bless and guide you in all the new opportunities He has for you!

20 posted on 08/30/2012 7:16:49 PM PDT by skr (May God confound the enemy)

Go ahead and bankrupt Kalifornia with your retirement package. Freepers hate Kalifornia anyway.

21 posted on 08/30/2012 7:17:12 PM PDT by mamelukesabre

To: GenXteacher; All

Thank You all for the nice comments! I thought I would get kicked around right off the bat, but I’m sure it’s still coming.

22 posted on 08/30/2012 7:17:16 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: umgud

Yepers.

23 posted on 08/30/2012 7:18:33 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Congratulations to you. If you have trained others to take your place that indicates you are competent, diligent and conscientious. I wish you much joy and fulfillment in your retirement.

24 posted on 08/30/2012 7:19:06 PM PDT by Psalm 144 ( "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The party left me." Ronald Wilson Reagan)

Let’s see. 33 years, you must be about 55. You have to be a government worker. I have an uncle who retired at 55 under civil service. 30 years later he is still collecting. He says he earned it. We are still paying for him. You should live so long.

25 posted on 08/30/2012 7:20:54 PM PDT by Mr_Peter

No offense, but I hope you are not counting entirely on the public pension promises.

I wish you the best.

26 posted on 08/30/2012 7:22:02 PM PDT by Hugin ("Most times a man'll tell you his bad intentions, if you listen and let yourself hear."---Open Range)

To: mamelukesabre

My tiny portion wouldn’t hurt a fly, but it took me a long time to get here!

27 posted on 08/30/2012 7:22:31 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

I hope they don’t collapse before you do.

28 posted on 08/30/2012 7:22:55 PM PDT by umgud (No Rats, No Rino's)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Randy, enjoy it while you may!

Cash out and live it up.

Sit on the porch, lie on the beach, drink rum, pat a few bottoms, and live the life!

29 posted on 08/30/2012 7:24:14 PM PDT by Old Sarge (We are now officially over the precipice, we just havent struck the ground yet)

To: Hugin

It’s all I have...I didn’t make the big bucks to save more. Kalifornia taxes the small guy like me.

All I can do is hope now...

30 posted on 08/30/2012 7:25:39 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: Old Sarge

Thanks Sarge, I’ll try my best.

31 posted on 08/30/2012 7:27:01 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Now go do something useful...Go fishing or start a new hobby.

32 posted on 08/30/2012 7:27:08 PM PDT by darkwing104 (Let's get dangerous)

Well, you got out before the bond collapse, repudiations of debt and currency adjustments. Congratulations. Have fun. Enjoy the slide.

33 posted on 08/30/2012 7:27:23 PM PDT by familyop ("Wanna cigarette? You're never too young to start." --Deacon, "Waterworld")

Now you can move out of Kalifonia!

34 posted on 08/30/2012 7:28:19 PM PDT by smokingfrog ( sleep with one eye open (<o> ---)

To: Psalm 144
If you have trained others to take your place that indicates you are competent, diligent and conscientious

i guess you didn't read the part where he said he was a government employee....

35 posted on 08/30/2012 7:28:37 PM PDT by C. Edmund Wright ("You Might Be a Liberal" (YMBAL) Coming out Sept 1 by C. Edmund Wright)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

I have my flame proof undies on so have at it.

Six years ago for me. Just hoping that the bankers and politicians take a little longer to kill the goose.

36 posted on 08/30/2012 7:29:05 PM PDT by Stentor

Congratulations.

37 posted on 08/30/2012 7:30:19 PM PDT by svcw (If one living cell on another planet is life, why isn't it life in the womb?)

There’s no shame in being a public employee—someone has to do that work. As long as you were honest and were a good steward of our tax dollars, I have no complaints. Could you imagine how much better our dollars would be spent if more conservatives went into public service. Congrats on your retirement! I hope you get to do some things you haven’t had a chance to do yet!

38 posted on 08/30/2012 7:30:48 PM PDT by rabidralph (http://www.patriotcalendars.com/)

I am really torn between knowing the truly evil we ALL know that ALL public employees including my brother, mother (retired) and many friends and fellow church members are. And someone who likes open face turkey and gravy sandwiches. He can’t be all bad.

I am also kinda retiring tomorrow. After I was told that I was to be laid off I had the option of a early retirement that I choose. I still have at least 10 years to pay off my house so I am looking for work. Where is your job opening?

Good luck.

39 posted on 08/30/2012 7:31:44 PM PDT by ThomasThomas

I am really torn between knowing the truly evil we ALL know that ALL public employees including my brother, mother (retired) and many friends and fellow church members are. And someone who likes open face turkey and gravy sandwiches. He can’t be all bad.

I am also kinda retiring tomorrow. After I was told that I was to be laid off I had the option of a early retirement that I choose. I still have at least 10 years to pay off my house so I am looking for work. Where is your job opening?

Good luck.

40 posted on 08/30/2012 7:31:56 PM PDT by ThomasThomas

Just before you walk out the door, stop by the office of your boss and say, “I was afraid until now to tell you this, but we run the biggest heroin dealership on the west coast from here.”

41 posted on 08/30/2012 7:32:27 PM PDT by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer")

I'm one of the hated "Public Employees"

You sound like a government hack punk.

Can I be blunt?

You're the next shoe to drop...You'll be strafed by those coddling you at tax payer expense. Ya see, the middle class private sector has already been gang raped by you people in government..And they are broke....You're next.

Bet the rent.

Eventually, your fat government paid monthly check, will be no where to be seen.

42 posted on 08/30/2012 7:32:27 PM PDT by dragnet2 (Diversion and evasion are tools of deceit)

To: C. Edmund Wright

I did. Some are parasites. Some are diligent. The diligent ones maintain function and continuity. Small government is a very good thing; no government is lawlessness and chaos.

Haven’t seen you in a while. Glad to see you back.

43 posted on 08/30/2012 7:33:03 PM PDT by Psalm 144 ( "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The party left me." Ronald Wilson Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

To: Mmogamer

As someone has been working from 4 am to 12 am..

I’d sleep in on my first day of retirement..

Get a photo of the sunset. No one would be the wiser ;)

44 posted on 08/30/2012 7:33:17 PM PDT by cableguymn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Congratulations on a wonderful career.
God Bless you, Randy Larsen.
Grab your surfboard and ride the waves.

45 posted on 08/30/2012 7:33:17 PM PDT by mojo114 (Pray for our military)

Rest/Relax then fight!

46 posted on 08/30/2012 7:33:25 PM PDT by samadams2000 (Someone important make......The Call!)

To: C. Edmund Wright

I also didn’t state that I was a STATE employee...(I’m NOT)

I’ve paid 1/2 my retirement and all my taxes.

I’ve also not sold back any vacation or sick leave, all that goes to pay for my medical ins. My wife has to pay for her own with her job also.

47 posted on 08/30/2012 7:33:56 PM PDT by Randy Larsen (Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Damn it, I will!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

Peter Rabbit said, “If you can’t say something good don’t say nothin’ at all.”

We’ll keep working to provide your security and hedge against inflation. Most of us will just work until we die taking care of your retirement and benefits. Many of that number will be earning less working than you do not working.

Have a nice time.

48 posted on 08/30/2012 7:34:01 PM PDT by Sequoyah101 (Half the people are below average, they voted for oblabla.)

I retired 9 years ago, and have enjoyed it greatly. I’m a female, and raised two sons by myself. I worked 25 years in uniform for the State of New York Department of Correctional Services. It provided me with a better salary and benefits than I had previously earned as an office worker. I hope you have a long and happy retirement.

49 posted on 08/30/2012 7:35:19 PM PDT by mass55th (Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway...John Wayne)

I hope you enjoy your retirement.

I’m happy if anyone gets to enjoy it. I fully expect to have to work until I drop in the harness, that is if I am lucky enough to actually have work going forward.

Many conservatives don’t harbor angst against public employees simply because they ARE public employees, they are angry because they feel that there are a lot more of them than are necessary, IMO.

That said...congratulations. Enjoy it.

50 posted on 08/30/2012 7:36:47 PM PDT by rlmorel ("It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong." Voltaire)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-214 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson