Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: lewislynn

First, I have ran my own business, so I know what I am talking about.

Second, because the market is set by the common denominator of public will! That means businesses set their prices as high as the public is willing to pay for their services.

Third, and last, see when the cost of business goes up for the cost of gas, then EVERY gas station raises their prices and yet the public continues to purchase gas. Another example is airline bag fees. The government put extra security fees and costs onto the airlines industry. So, the airlines industry created bag fees to offset their losses and yet, the American public continues to fly!

A more simple explanation would be that many businesses set an expected profit level and then work their business plan around that expected profit level even though MORE profit could be made. Then, when other companies realize that they can make thhat higher profit, they crush the smaller businesses and then set the market prices for the entire region (see WalMart business strategy as this example).

So, your premise that ALL BUSINESSES are and should be greedy for every public dollar is the MYTH, not my statement that businesses don’t pay taxes!

11 posted on 10/09/2012 5:14:53 AM PDT by ExTxMarine (PRAYER: It's the only HOPE for real CHANGE in America!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

To: ExTxMarine
Second, because the market is set by the common denominator of public will! That means businesses set their prices as high as the public is willing to pay for their services.

...every time my business taxes are raised, my product costs go up to ensure I continue to make that $1000 profit - PERIOD!

You contradicted yourself and went a long way to do it.

12 posted on 10/09/2012 6:50:39 PM PDT by lewislynn ( What does the global warming movement and the Fairtax movement have in commom? Misinformation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

To: ExTxMarine
Taxes aren't gasoline or baggage fees. Fuel and baggage handling fees are a deductible cost of doing business...you said yourself the increased fees offset the costs.

If you raise your price to offset your income tax (income tax is the subject of the thread) you will increase your profit and hence you increase your tax. Your taxes ARE NOT A DEUCTIBLE cost of doing business and businesses pay tax on profits and gains.

Everything else being equal, raise your price, increase your profit, pay more tax...Then what? Raise your price higher?

13 posted on 10/09/2012 7:04:36 PM PDT by lewislynn ( What does the global warming movement and the Fairtax movement have in commom? Misinformation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson