Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Open Note To Askel5 from Laz
9/26/2012 | By Laz A. Mataz

Posted on 09/26/2012 6:42:06 AM PDT by Lazamataz

Dear Askel5,

For many years, I thought you were a bit of a nut. A very INTELLIGENT nut, but a nut nonetheless. Your constant harping about Gramscian politics was, to my mind, weird a little paranoid.

It turns out you were one hundred percent right. The move to destroy America has been very below-the-surface, highly organized, and extremely effective ... and the model has been, indeed, Antonio Gramsci's.

From the work Notes on Saul Alinsky and Neo-Marxism:

Remember that the primary influence for Obama's strategy comes from Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals." With that in mind..."Alinsky's tactics were based, not on Stalin's revolutionary violence, but on the Neo-Marxist strategies of Antonio Gramsci, an Italian Communist. Relying on gradualism, infiltration and the dialectic process rather than a bloody revolution, Gramsci's transformational Marxism was so subtle that few even noticed the deliberate changes.

Like Alinsky, Mikhail Gorbachev followed Gramsci, not Lenin. In fact, Gramsci aroused Stalins's wrath by suggesting that Lenin's revolutionary plan wouldn't work in the West. Instead the primary assault would be on Biblical absolutes and Christian values, which must be crushed as a social force before the new face of Communism could rise and flourish. Malachi Martin gave us a progress report:

"By 1985, the influence of traditional Christian philosophy in the West was weak and negligible.... Gramsci's master strategy was now feasible. Humanly speaking, it was no longer too tall an order to strip large majorities of men and women in the West of those last vestiges that remained to them of Christianity's transcendent God."

This excerpt is the bread-and-meat section that tells me that you were prescient and well-versed in the tactics of our enemy. If there is any excuse on my part, I have only one: That which Matt Bracken refers to as the 'normality bias'. I am biased, as are most, to believe things will 'stay normal' and to discount sweeping conspiracies.

But I have awoken. Is it too late, I do not know. Can one man make a difference, I am unsure. Will it get much worse in America, absolutely.

So, this is an open letter to you to acknowledge my being incorrect, you being correct, and to ask you what a nation does to unwind this horrifying and seemingly inexorable push to Marxist/Fascist control.

Yours,

Laz

TOPICS: Chit/Chat
KEYWORDS: alinsky; askel5; communism; enemywithin; gorbachev; gramsci; hillary; lazamataz; leftism; lenin; liberalism; marxism; obama; stalin; vanity
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250251-295 next last
To: Lazamataz

You and I simply have a different function and approach here. You more express your opinions. I more research, collect and pass along info.

201 posted on 09/26/2012 12:17:54 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 194 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred
And then the rest of the herd came back and stomped me to death. Boy did I learn my lesson.

Yeah, elephants do tend to stick together, right or wrong.

202 posted on 09/26/2012 12:18:38 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

To: Lazamataz; blueunicorn6

Not true.

Everyone who knows you likes you.

All others are merely confused.

203 posted on 09/26/2012 12:19:42 PM PDT by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously, you won't live through it anyway)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 171 | View Replies]

To: null and void

LOL

204 posted on 09/26/2012 12:23:21 PM PDT by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously, you won't live through it anyway)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 180 | View Replies]

To: Vendome
No, he's right, I was being offensive, I forget why. Some bug crawled up my butt about something. So I was in that "SATAN IS MY OVERCOAT" head-spinning-around-vomiting-pea-soup place I get into from time to time.

Some people just wait for the Tourettes episode to pass; others tell me I suck and ask to get off my ping list. LOL

205 posted on 09/26/2012 12:23:21 PM PDT by Lazamataz (The American news media, the 'Pravda Press', is fully Soviet-ized.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 200 | View Replies]

To: Noumenon; Travis McGee; PA Engineer; All

“Yeah, me too with the head cold.”

Speaking of...I had mine since last Tuesday (9th day today). It’s mostly upper respiratory congestion now but so bad the first 3 days, I called in sick to work the 3rd day (the first 2 days of it I was off). I’m thinking I picked it up from my grandkids and they got it from someone having recently returned to school for the fall semester. A lot of people at my work have it also.

It is interesting to see that it is widespread.

This thread yesterday had some interesting information...especially 2 links from PA Engineer (post#33)...they are my 2nd & 3rd links...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2935701/posts

http://www.singtomeohmuse.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=0489bd4d44a8a2fa03d639731071abdd

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2820204/posts?
page=151

BE PREPARED (sidebar issue in a very good thread)

life/health

206 posted on 09/26/2012 12:24:11 PM PDT by PGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

To: ETL
You and I simply have a different function and approach here. You more express your opinions. I more research, collect and pass along info.

I don't know why you've gotten snippy about it though. I return snarky for snippy, certainly you know that.

You snip, I snark. I snark, you snip. I scream, you scream. Ice cream.

207 posted on 09/26/2012 12:25:44 PM PDT by Lazamataz (The American news media, the 'Pravda Press', is fully Soviet-ized.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 201 | View Replies]

A God thing. Yes, it is. A God thing in my simple terms is one of unshakable principles. Rules you are given or make for yourself that you never ever violate no matter the situation or the cost. Once you establish those principles as your own you never vary from them. They are your first and last reaction to any situation.

I don’t think I have ever been smart enough to make my own rules of principle so I rely on God and the Constitution, the original version to set my compass.

For a long time we held to our principles and we did not compromise. We allowed others the freedom to believe as they wanted to but in the majority we stood on our principles. Much of that is now gone. We allowed others who did not share our principles to force us to change ours by making us stop doing anything that was different than their principles. We allowed them to practice their principles and allowed them to make us stop practicing ours. Being allowed to not pray, salute the flag, be gay, or whatever was not good enough for them. We had to endorse their action and end ours that were contrarian to their own. And we agreed to do it! The few overruled the many by use of our own laws and goodness! The when could very well have been about 1985 but it was sometime in the last 30 to 50 years.

We let go of God and principles He gave us to live by.

208 posted on 09/26/2012 12:27:30 PM PDT by Sequoyah101
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Whatever.

I think the other poster is new to the culture and didn’t get that you might have had a “bad spew” day and not enough interaction with you to understand it.

Laz-on

209 posted on 09/26/2012 12:28:19 PM PDT by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously, you won't live through it anyway)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 205 | View Replies]

To: Vendome

If it exists, there is a Red Dwarf of it.

210 posted on 09/26/2012 12:31:34 PM PDT by null and void (Day 1345 of our ObamaVacation from reality - Obama, a queer and present danger)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 204 | View Replies]

I kneel to your extraordinary, existentialist, Intelligence.

211 posted on 09/26/2012 12:40:29 PM PDT by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously, you won't live through it anyway)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 210 | View Replies]

To: PGalt
Thanks for the ping. A couple of frightening links:

Five suspected of contracting SARS-like virus

PANDEMIC FLU INFORMATION FORUM:Monitoring Other Disease Outbreaks

The coronavirus is now in the wild. We need to pay attention to this one.

In terms of its epidemiology, the mean and median incubation periods have been estimated to be six days (1,7) and four days (8), respectively. In household transmission studies (9), cases occurred a maximum of 10 to 14 days after exposure. Overall, 95% of patients developed illness within 14.2 days of exposure (7). The mean and median duration of symptoms before hospitalization were three to six days (7,8).
212 posted on 09/26/2012 1:29:24 PM PDT by PA Engineer (What if the rabbit hole is endless?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 206 | View Replies]

To: EternalHope

>>It’s never too late to turn back to God, either as a person or as a nation. Hence I do not think it too late for the United States.<<

This will surprise a lot of FReepers >> http://stg.do/Iwpc

213 posted on 09/26/2012 1:31:00 PM PDT by B4Ranch (There's Two Choices... Stand Up and Be Counted ... Or Line Up and Be Numbered .)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 118 | View Replies]

To: All

http://www.freerepublic.com/~askel5/

I’m astounded that no one scrolled down her page to see this - a second FReeper page!;
Bloodhound (Askel5)

http://www.freerepublic.com/~bloodhoundaskel5/

Where she is listed in Canada and has a link to Free Dominion.
There are email addys and other info listed on both of these profile pages!!

214 posted on 09/26/2012 1:33:48 PM PDT by potlatch (~~And the truth IS what counts, RIGHT ? ~~)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 141 | View Replies]

To: jwalsh07

Yeah! I just posted that before I saw your post.

215 posted on 09/26/2012 1:35:57 PM PDT by potlatch (~~And the truth IS what counts, RIGHT ? ~~)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 144 | View Replies]

To: Lando Lincoln

Thank you!

216 posted on 09/26/2012 1:54:08 PM PDT by potlatch (~~And the truth IS what counts, RIGHT ? ~~)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 149 | View Replies]

To: Darnright
Interesting...from your 2nd link at post#8

. --The Gramscians see any society, including America, as an arena where the "marginalized" are necessarily at war with the privileged classes. Good old-fashioned class warfare, in other words."

-- love absolute accusations in order to label people "extremist," one of their preferred epithets. Part of the methodology is to deviate attention by accusing others of what they are or do. We should not give them that chance. ... although the Gramscian proposal demands from the common follower consent and acceptance of its ideas, this does not necessarily imply that all rank and file followers have a clear understanding of where they are going.

--Why is it that we must often suffer a way of thinking that attempts to coerce us intellectually? Look around. How many times have you heard: you must not be "judgmental" or "intolerant." What does that mean in Gramscian terms? It means: You must accept our values and not argue. If you do not you are out of the mainstream.

217 posted on 09/26/2012 1:55:12 PM PDT by opentalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Have you heard that ad by Carbonite?

Can’t stand it. It sounds gross.

“Do you do it?”

Just “Ugh!”

218 posted on 09/26/2012 2:00:41 PM PDT by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously, you won't live through it anyway)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 210 | View Replies]

I hope this helps.

Anyone around here paying any attention knows you work diligently to expose the commies. At least I do. And it is appreciated.

And there are plenty of people who are upset about what is happening to this country. What to actually, physically do about it is another matter.

Maybe obama winning this election is what it will take to turn things around.

All the people who have been storing up all those guns and ammo will have to use them. Instead of just talking about doing something they will be forced to do something.

Ok. Back to the comedy...

219 posted on 09/26/2012 2:04:45 PM PDT by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 201 | View Replies]

>" The attack has been on our moral standing as a nation. "

We are no longer a Christian Nation 18 sec

Thank You Satan 1:50sec

Jeremiah 50:31
31 Behold, I am against you," O " you most proud, said the Lord GOD of hosts: for your day is come, the time that I will visit you.

32 And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.

Time to get outta Dodge folks!

220 posted on 09/26/2012 2:05:04 PM PDT by rawcatslyentist (I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a Barack 0b0tt0my!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Yes, it did help. Thanks, FRiend.

But the only way out may be to find a cure for stupidity. Or find the genetic defect that causes Liberalism. :)

221 posted on 09/26/2012 2:41:59 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 219 | View Replies]

To: GeronL

Rid the country of the concept that corporations have personhood, and can contribute to political causes, or create political causes with paid agents to collect signatures, then you have a way to clear this problem up.

In addition, no more nonprofit corporations please. They have been a mighty tool for the Gramsci crowd

222 posted on 09/26/2012 3:15:08 PM PDT by hedgetrimmer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 193 | View Replies]

To: hedgetrimmer

What we need is to stop giving benefits to one group or entity over another.

If GM knew that lobbying Congress would never give it an edge or a special favor against Ford and the foreign automakers then it would not spend millions and millions lobbying.

Congress should end all funding of private organziations like PBS, NPR, Planned Parenthood and the like. If it’s not part of the government or building something for the government, it doesn’t get any funding.

I guess it would take all the fun out of DC

223 posted on 09/26/2012 3:20:58 PM PDT by GeronL (http://asspos.blogspot.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 222 | View Replies]

find a cure for stupidity

Eat a whole elephant... ;-)

224 posted on 09/26/2012 3:51:47 PM PDT by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 221 | View Replies]

Re: The 'Whole Elephant'

"The first blind man touched the elephant leg and reported that it "looked" like a tree trunk.

The second blind man touched the elephant's stomach and said that the elephant was a wall.

The third blind man touched the elephant ear and said that it was a fan.

The fourth blind man touched the elephant's tail and described the elephant as a piece of rope.

The fifth blind man felt the elephant’s tusks and described it as a spear.

And the sixth blind man rubbed the elephant's snout and got very scared because he thought it was a snake."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

225 posted on 09/26/2012 4:07:06 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 224 | View Replies]

...the 7th man grabbed the elephant’s b***s and thought they were a pair of large coconuts.

226 posted on 09/26/2012 4:17:38 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 225 | View Replies]

To: ETL; Lazamataz

so now we are talking about grabbing the elephant by the balls...
Concerning the GOP, this is really getting to be an Askel5 thread if we are going for the elephant’s attention.

227 posted on 09/26/2012 4:26:18 PM PDT by KC Burke (Plain Conservative opinions and common sense correction for thirteen years.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 226 | View Replies]

To: KC Burke

I just threw that in to lighten things up a bit. Wasn’t trying to make a political point, although I’m sure there may be one or two in there, after giving it some thought. :)

228 posted on 09/26/2012 4:33:45 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 227 | View Replies]

Wow. Your Freeper page is AMAZING! Will definitely be spending some time with it. Good work!

229 posted on 09/26/2012 4:36:09 PM PDT by Mama Shawna
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 93 | View Replies]

To: Mama Shawna

Thank you! I appreciate that very much.

I do need to update and redo some sections.

230 posted on 09/26/2012 4:42:04 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 229 | View Replies]

the 7th man grabbed the elephant’s b***s

Now you have to tell me how much time you spent today researching elephants.

Nice talking to you ETL. Freepmail.

231 posted on 09/26/2012 5:15:25 PM PDT by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 226 | View Replies]

Lol! Over and out on this thread.

232 posted on 09/26/2012 5:17:29 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 231 | View Replies]

233 posted on 09/26/2012 5:29:22 PM PDT by MrIndi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Lazamataz; Gamecock; xzins
This will be useful to get through bumps, but I am talking about the long haul. I feel the answer is spiritual in nature.

You NAILED that one!

The pain you feel today is the strength you'll have tomorrow.

234 posted on 09/26/2012 5:32:29 PM PDT by rdb3 (Democrats: Once a slave owner, ALWAYS a slave owner!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

sfl

235 posted on 09/26/2012 5:34:43 PM PDT by phockthis (http://www.supremelaw.org/fedzone11/index.htm ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Lazamataz; KC Burke; ETL; Askel5
Hi, Laz, please keep me *PINGED* on this stuff.

Private freepmail.

Cheers!

236 posted on 09/26/2012 6:46:13 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: don-o
Sin has always been in this world. What we have seen in my lifetime is its glorification.

Try reading Petronius' Satyricon; you'll think you are reading of L.A. or DC...

NO cheers, unfortunately.

237 posted on 09/26/2012 7:02:35 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

To: Dr. Thorne
Or it might be that the prophecies are for a much later time.

Please recall that there are those who have attributed the Daniel / Revelation prophecies to the Roman Empire; Communist China (Christians under the "Great Leap Forward"); and even Mussolini.

It just might be that our Nation is restored; and the prophecies are not about "us" anyway.

Cheers!

238 posted on 09/26/2012 7:09:13 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies]

To: Conservative4Ever; Lazamataz
I remember my Mother saying they (communists) would overtake our country by the immorality of our women. She repeated what she said she heard heard Khrushchev say. I don't know if he did say this, but Mom was not far off the mark.

If you read portions of what is called the 'manosphere' or "men's rights movement" -- NOT the pick-up artist community -- you can find similar sentiments (see for example Dalrock, Vox Day). And GK Chesterton argued a hundred years ago of the dangers of women's suffrage for the body politic.

Cheers!

239 posted on 09/26/2012 7:11:34 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies]

To: KC Burke
Re: grabbing the elephant by the...

Concerning the GOP, this is really getting to be an Askel5 thread if we are going for the elephant’s attention.

I actually didn't even think of that.

240 posted on 09/26/2012 7:18:44 PM PDT by ETL (ALL (most?) of the Obama-commie connections at my FR Home page: http://www.freerepublic.com/~etl/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 227 | View Replies]

To: KC Burke; Anthem; Lazmataz; Askel5
Would one of you ping her?

OK.

Cool post, Laz.

241 posted on 09/26/2012 7:18:53 PM PDT by annalex (fear them not)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies]

To: MHGinTN; ETL; Lazamataz
Or there's always Make Mine Freedom

and The Road To Serfdom in Cartoon Form

-- but we *might* be too far gone for that.

Might be good for the youngsters and teeens, though.

242 posted on 09/26/2012 7:37:45 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 107 | View Replies]

Most of the "editorials" I've read are well written but simplistic. Example, this one here.

Linky no workee, or did you mean the original post in this thread?

Cheers!

243 posted on 09/26/2012 7:43:59 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 190 | View Replies]

To: PA Engineer; Smokin' Joe; Mother Abigail; decimon
Thanks, PA Engineer.

*PING* to the others of you; please note that I am not pinging you to the current thread, but to the links in post #212.

g_w

244 posted on 09/26/2012 7:49:52 PM PDT by grey_whiskers (The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 212 | View Replies]

I get that. I’m an agnostic as well, but have said for years that if it comes down to a nut-cuttin’, I’m throwing in with the Christians, as the atheists revealed themselves all too well in the 20th Century; it’s just that our modern U.S. atheist Left won’t admit to be being, at root, of the same school.

245 posted on 09/26/2012 7:51:47 PM PDT by FreedomPoster (Islam delenda est)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 114 | View Replies]

So, I have recently been actually paying attention to the homosexual agenda in this country, well more than usual. Anyway, there is an argument on our side about 1-2% of the population wielding so much control.

But when I look around me, in my work environment (I am not terribly social outside of work, I have too many things to do at home), there are more than 1-2% of homosexuals. And even somewhat conservatives in the area are supportive of the homosexual agenda. I don’t know if it is that we have been beat down so far, or the reality that people who claim homosexuality are friends, and you become attached to them, empathize with their “plight.” I feel it has become a lost battle.

And, I am more convinced with each passing year that a greater percentage of people are being drawn into the homosexual lifestyle, that the temptation surrounding it has become quite overwhelming.

It speaks to the spiritual problem we are facing in this country, and around the world. Speaks to me that we are accelerating toward the end.

246 posted on 09/26/2012 8:20:42 PM PDT by ican'tbelieveit (School is prison for children who have commited the crime of being born. (attr: St_Thomas_Aquinas))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 189 | View Replies]

To: PA Engineer

Thanks for the 2 new links. I just finished Oscar’s interviews with MA. Very interesting/informative/educational.

247 posted on 09/26/2012 8:21:13 PM PDT by PGalt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 212 | View Replies]

To: thesearethetimes...

May God guide our course, and share his strength.
Tatt

Amen.

248 posted on 09/26/2012 8:39:11 PM PDT by RushIsMyTeddyBear (Great vid by ShorelineMike! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZjJk6nbD4&feature=plcp)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 192 | View Replies]

Spiritual warfare is exactly right. The prime mover of the incremental progressive movement is their reliance on a parallel form of morality. Nebulous liberal theology supports ‘science’, ‘choice’ ‘diveristy’ and ‘the little guy’ by painting their opponents as ‘anti-science’, ‘anti-choice’, ‘racist’ and ‘anti-poor’.

Liberals frame everything in terms of morality.

So, here’s the question going forward. If you distill the vital concepts of the Constitution, what are the base elements? Not the flowery language of the America we know and love, but the meat. Line by line, unambiguous.

We need to go back and reexamine the specifics because we rely too much on shorthand. We know what we mean when we talk about liberty and freedom, but the definitions have been corrupted. Free speech is now hate speech. Firearms are health risks. Privacy is probable cause. Freedom is chaos. Individualism is sociopathy. Freedom of religion is theocracy; freedom from religion is liberty.

The left has succeeded in reframing the discussion to the point that the middle is lost in a sea of misdirection. There’s no way to sustain a free republic that lacks a common political vocabulary, to say nothing of common values.

The end is coming, and we all see it. Gold, guns and groceries are fine, but they’re not a plan. The time is coming when the old symbols will fall to the lure of utopia, utopia will sour into dictatorship, and dictatorship will reawaken the spirit of resistance. I don’t think we can stop the fall. I don’t even know if it’s desirable to anymore. A people that want what is disastrous deserve to get it, good and hard.

The fall will hurt, but it won’t be the end. When the spirit of resistance rises, it will long for a form to take. It’s not too soon to begin thinking about what that form should be. The future is always in motion, and will belong to who can articulate a better America.

249 posted on 09/26/2012 8:55:21 PM PDT by Steel Wolf ("Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Gaius Sallustius Crispus)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Steel Wolf
Gold, guns and groceries are fine, but they’re not a plan

I agree wholeheartedly.

Now, the plan should be to look at our history. Throughout we have had organized ways to preserve our government in the event of war or disaster. In the early years of our country, it was a 'well regulated militia' that kept order and continuity.

In the twentieth century, it was 'civil defense' which outlined roles and rules for a community to preserve order and continuity of government in the case of, for example, nuclear attack.

The idea of civil defense is potent and valuable for preserving the foundations of this country. A tenet of civil defense is for members of the community to know the Constitution and know how to maintain constitutional law, in a disaster.

Civil defense was such a potent tool for individual citizens, it was one of the first things the politicians corrupted by global money and communist infiltration, took away by federalizing it with FEMA.

I am sure if local civil defense groups, with respect to the Constitution, started springing up all over the place, that the carelessness of the citizens for maintaining the Constitution, would dissipate. Because civil defense means defending the Constitution, as well as supporting community members in times of trial.
250 posted on 09/26/2012 9:24:39 PM PDT by hedgetrimmer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 249 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 101-150151-200201-250251-295 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson