Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

1 posted on 10/04/2012 4:01:08 PM PDT by dennisw
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: dennisw
No sugar, no flour, no processed foods.

A great diet. Eat only real foods. Real foods do not come with a list of ingredients.

Nothing white takes it a step further

2 posted on 10/04/2012 4:10:33 PM PDT by FatherofFive (Islam is evil and must be eradicated)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

He dropped a third of body weight by cutting out 'white food'

That's racist!

3 posted on 10/04/2012 4:10:51 PM PDT by bankwalker (In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.)

Good for him. That moment when one realizes a change has to happen and one is going to do it is golden.

4 posted on 10/04/2012 4:12:00 PM PDT by muir_redwoods (Hopey changey low emission unicorns and a crap sandwich)

Judging from the pictures, he should go out and get a new scale. If he’s 5’6”, there is no way that the pictures show a 300 lbs man and a 200 lbs man. He may have lost 100 lbs, but he didn’t start at 300...

7 posted on 10/04/2012 4:21:28 PM PDT by stormer

I conducted an experiment on myself over 10 years ago with regard to diet. I wanted to see what effect eliminating sugar and alcohol from my diet would have on my body. So I did it. ZERO sugar/corn sweeterner/etc of any kind in any amount(this was difficult to do since almost all packaged food has sweeteners of some kind). Zero alcohol of any kind in any amount. I did it for six months and weighed myself every sunday morning at exactly the same time imediately after waking up. Other than these two things I ate as much as I wanted. NO exercising.

I consistently lost 1/2 pound every week for the entire 24 weeks. 12 pounds lighter basically by doing NOTHING...and I was only about 15 lbs overweight to start with. I beleive that if everyone eliminated these 2 things for a period of 2 years there would be no fat people. Period.

8 posted on 10/04/2012 4:33:58 PM PDT by mamelukesabre

White people food.

11 posted on 10/04/2012 4:44:50 PM PDT by central_va ( I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)

Along with everyone else’s replies, it can be done. I wasn’t really overweight. But the creeping obesity they talk about that extra half pound a year that sneaks up on you definitely had a good start on me. I eliminated eating wheat completely (I still do drink it occasionally), no fast food, no high fructose corn syryp and only drink water and a morning cup of coffee. Lost 30 lbs and am back to college weight. Playing with my kids is my exercise. Eat more vegetables now, but changed nothing else. Getting past the first couple of weeks of the wheat/bread addiction was the hardest part.

18 posted on 10/04/2012 5:29:44 PM PDT by ScottinSacto (Liberals support abortion on demand and gay marriage....sounds like a great strategic plan!)

Dieting is un-necessary IF you simply don’t over-indulge.

I have never dieted, never was overweight and have eaten all kinds of food all the time, BUT, in moderation.
I enjoy “grazing”; lot’s of little meals instead of 3 typical big meals.

I often eat 10-15 times a day. 1/2 sandwich and an apple, a chicken leg or some slices of steak, a piece of homemade apple pie (w NO SUGAR ADDED!) etc etc etc
(Gotta keep up on the dental hygiene with all that eating)

Being dangerously overweight, unless there is a real glandular/chemical problem, is a character flaw. Just like smoking, public drunkenness and cheating on your spouse. (go ahead flamers!)

When the 300 lb man realized that being overweight was caused by his own actions, he fixed it. I’m very happy for and proud of him.

Now if we could just get Liberals to realize their character flaw, life would be grand indeed!

Live right and life’s rewards will be yours.

20 posted on 10/04/2012 5:32:48 PM PDT by Macoozie (1) Win the Senate 2) Repeal Obamacare 3) Impeach Roberts)

So beer is still all right?

24 posted on 10/04/2012 7:25:10 PM PDT by rabidralph

None of this is new; first time I encountered it was as "The Drinking Man's Diet" (college - go figure). Got me down from 180 to 114, which kept me out of the draft until some exenophoic Cajun doctor advised me I'd been drafted.

Next, it was the "Canadian Air-force Diet" which (as I remember) added some exercise to the basic regimen.

Today, it is some variation on the "Atkins Diet".

Common threads are
(a) avoid white,
(b) eat all the meat, eggs, and cheese you want,
(c) avoid sauces unless they're mostly vinegar and don't include sugar,
(d) alcohol isn't all that bad (except for those who require a liver) but dark booze is bad and mixers are evil, and
(e) most lunch meats are NOT protein!

Still works for me.

25 posted on 10/04/2012 7:25:57 PM PDT by norton

The problem, of course, is that he’ll ultimately gain it all back and then some.

26 posted on 10/04/2012 8:48:07 PM PDT by Jack Hammer

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson