Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: SamAdams76
Every dog I've ever had loved or loves to ride, but some of them didn't always.

I had a beautiful Chocolate Lab with a dark coat and green eyes who loved to “console surf” with his front paws on the console between the seats, rear paws on the rear seat and his head out the sunroof. He had a speed limit though, keep it below forty. His lips started flapping and making a sound, with slobber streaming in the wind. That he didn't like. He'd look down at me with those incredible eyes like I was nuts, nudge me with his cold nose to slow down, and if I didn't he'd heave a big harrumph and flop down in the back seat, still looking at me like I was nuts, lol. God, I miss him. He died five years ago October 13. He always knew when I was going up to my folks’ place at the foot of a mountain out in the country, where he had the run of the place. He'd start to whine a couple of miles out, then when we turned onto the long gravel drive he'd break into a howl.

My current dog is a rescue, a Walker Hound. She was dumped from a car and hated them for months after I took her in. I’ve had her over two years now and she's learned to love it, she knows I'm not leaving her I guess. She's been to the Outer Banks, up to the Blue Ridge, all over and thrills to it. She actually leaps up toward her harness trying to stick her head into it whenever it comes out. She's a quiet rider, much more active and curious when we stop.

They're all just happy to be with you wherever you are. That's what it boils down to.

62 posted on 10/07/2012 7:35:18 PM PDT by RegulatorCountry
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: RegulatorCountry
Ever since I was born I can never remember any time that our family did not have a dog.
I think I got the love for dogs both from my dad and mom.

In a dog's mind ?

Cars are those things ( COOL THINGS HUMANS MAKE ) ....
Like how toilets are cool things to drink out of...
71 posted on 10/07/2012 8:04:43 PM PDT by American Constitutionalist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson