Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: timlilje
LOL. No way. The Obama administration made a major mistake by leaking the story. Israel is pissed off because they were not kept informed. Agreeing to a one on one meeting bypasses the existing multilateral approach (5P+1), which will piss off our allies who are helping us with santions.

And it raises questions as to what the preconditions will be for such a meeting and what concessions will be offered by either side.

The Obama administration stepped into it big time because now they have to walk it back after leaking it to the NYT. So the question will be is the NYT making this stuff up or is the Obama adminsitration lying?

Axelrod and Plouffe made a major miscalculation. Obama will distance himself from this at the debate.

24 posted on 10/21/2012 1:16:05 PM PDT by kabar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: kabar
I read that Iran mumbled something about 1 on 1 talks possibly after the election. So the NYT maybe ran off half-cocked thinking that if it was said there were talks, it would reflect favorably on Odumbo. I think the NYT and possibly the administration were played by the Iranians, although I would think Amanutjob would want Odumbo reelected.
26 posted on 10/21/2012 1:52:11 PM PDT by visualops (artlife.us)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson