Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Vanity: I was wrong and I'm done projecting elections

Posted on 11/06/2012 8:49:23 PM PST by HamiltonJay

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-94 next last

1 posted on 11/06/2012 8:49:24 PM PST by HamiltonJay
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: HamiltonJay

At least you spared me weeks of anxiety. You, Ravi, Ls et al. comforted for some time.

Now, I just don’t know what to do. It all seems futile.

2 posted on 11/06/2012 8:52:00 PM PST by Shadow44
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Dick Morris should do the same.

3 posted on 11/06/2012 8:53:45 PM PST by rdl6989 (January 20, 2013 The end of an error.)

Flame away? I hardly think so. Too many of us, I’m sure, are in the same boat as yourself.

4 posted on 11/06/2012 8:54:00 PM PST by rgboomers (This space purposely left blank)

It has been proved that half the voters in this country are fools. We seem headed in the direction of Weimar Germany.

5 posted on 11/06/2012 8:54:00 PM PST by VRWCRick

more religion and less politics. me thinks.

6 posted on 11/06/2012 8:54:02 PM PST by Berlin_Freeper (Gluttons for punishment.)

The losers now outnumber the winners in this country. It’s all down hill from here. We just need to do everything we can to prevent the Kenyan from doing any more damage over the next four years. Today needs to be the beginning of the fight. Not the end. It’s an uphill battle that the Americans remaining in this country need to fight if we love this country as much as we say we do.

7 posted on 11/06/2012 8:54:35 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer (REVENGE WINS!)

The lesson learned is that there are no political saviors out there, no one is coming....not now, not 2016, not ever.....just live your own lives and F politics, I’m done.

8 posted on 11/06/2012 8:55:09 PM PST by dfwgator

Don’t be to sure. I suspect a lot of behind the scenes chicanery. Lots of things do not add up.

9 posted on 11/06/2012 8:55:16 PM PST by Hoosier-Daddy ( "It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.")

I was wrong as well, so you are in good company.....

10 posted on 11/06/2012 8:56:02 PM PST by Red Badger (Why yes, that was crude and uncalled for......That's why I said it..............)

To: All

In the Army we call them “eaters and shitters”

11 posted on 11/06/2012 8:56:02 PM PST by roughman ( but people chose darkness instead of light : JOHN 3:19)

Not sending any shots. Two things that were difficult to factor in—the fraud and how many votes the other parties stole from Mitt Romney. Johnson ruined it and I despise Libertarians.

12 posted on 11/06/2012 8:56:14 PM PST by madison10

I also was wrong, utterly wrong, with my prediction that "it's over for Obama," made last Thursday 1 November.

I'm embarrassed. I will try never to do that again.

Obviously the MSM understand America ‒ the new America ‒ much better than I.

We must adapt to survive. Not give up, adapt.

Another Reagan will emerge. Things haven't gotten bad enough for that to happen yet. Romney didn't have it, that's obvious. Many here knew it last spring, including Jim Robinson.

Maybe Newt could have done it. I have my doubts. Anyway, it's a waste of time worrying about it.

13 posted on 11/06/2012 8:56:25 PM PST by Steely Tom (If the Constitution can be a living document, I guess a corporation can be a person.)

I also was wrong, utterly wrong, with my prediction that "it's over for Obama," made last Thursday 1 November.

I'm embarrassed. I will try never to do that again.

Obviously the MSM understand America ‒ the new America ‒ much better than I.

Another Reagan will emerge. Things haven't gotten bad enough for that to happen yet. Romney didn't have it, that's obvious. Many here knew it last spring, including Jim Robinson.

Maybe Newt could have done it. I have my doubts. Anyway, it's a waste of time worrying about it.

14 posted on 11/06/2012 8:56:40 PM PST by Steely Tom (If the Constitution can be a living document, I guess a corporation can be a person.)

/salute for manning up, and coming on here to do this.

The sly pundits on TV will slither off the screen for a few days or so, and wait for everyone to forget about their in some cases, horrible predictions.

If any network was legit, Dick Morris would be a laughing stock, wouldn’t be allowed on TV again, let alone even comment on a small town race for dog catcher after this mess is over with. Karl Rove isn’t much better.

15 posted on 11/06/2012 8:57:17 PM PST by KoRn (Department of Homeland Security, Certified - "Right Wing Extremist")

You know this is a psychological game.

16 posted on 11/06/2012 8:57:23 PM PST by ari-freedom

Why should anyone take a shot at you?

You merely predicted that people living in a blazing house would reach for a fire extinguisher.

Your predictions were sensible. It’s the people that were not.

17 posted on 11/06/2012 8:58:08 PM PST by Leaning Right

You were only guilty of having a good faith in America. ..good faith that Americans were basically a virtuous people who lived in a nation where goodness once reigned. You were wrong. . .we all were wrong.

18 posted on 11/06/2012 8:58:42 PM PST by McBuff

I’ve been saying hussein would get about 300 but no one believed me. Not going to dump on you but will dump on the GOP because they handed him the election two times now. I said at the beginning of the campaign the fix was in and now we know it was. We don’t have a two party system. The GOP is pitch hitting for the left. Who knows when they switched sides? I didn’t notice until the middle of W’s time but suspect it was already done long before that.

19 posted on 11/06/2012 8:59:52 PM PST by bgill (We've passed the point of no return. Welcome to Al Amerika.)

No flaming from me, I was very wrong also.

After what this turkey has done to the country in the last four years and then getting reelected doesn’t speak well for the people of our country.

20 posted on 11/06/2012 8:59:58 PM PST by jazusamo ("Intellect is not wisdom" -- Thomas Sowell)

It really just boils down to that it’s us against them, and by “them” I mean both parties and the entire Washington establishment.

We get played for suckers AND we get stuck with the bill. Fun game for them, disaster for us.

21 posted on 11/06/2012 9:00:06 PM PST by Bullish (The stench from this amateur regime stinks all the way to Kenya.)

Well you’re in good company. It was a razor thin election and there was really a chance for the landslide. Plenty of superficial and uniformed voters out there.

22 posted on 11/06/2012 9:00:25 PM PST by Red Steel

We are a nation of ice cream eaters. The politician who promises who promises us more ice cream is the one we elect.

23 posted on 11/06/2012 9:00:48 PM PST by Dapper 26

Don’t be so hard on yourself. We at least got the 47%-53% thing right. Only now we’re the 47%, but who knew? But rest assured, the tyranny of the majority (i.e., slavery) has never worked out, so eventually we’ll be free again. At least, those of us who survive the coming years. Good luck, everyone!

24 posted on 11/06/2012 9:01:00 PM PST by kevao (Hey, Obama: The 1930s called, they want their economic policy back.)

Don’t feel bad. I made the same predictions, just not here. And didn’t Gallup and Ras screw the pooch as well?

25 posted on 11/06/2012 9:01:28 PM PST by SoCal Pubbie

To: KoRn

“If any network was legit, Dick Morris would be a laughing stock, wouldn’t be allowed on TV again, let alone even comment on a small town race for dog catcher after this mess is over with. Karl Rove isn’t much better.”

At least Rove managed to get W re-elected. I don’t think Morris ever did anything useful for Republicans. He probably has a good heart and wants to believe but he’s no different than anyone else here as far as actually getting the job done.

26 posted on 11/06/2012 9:01:35 PM PST by ari-freedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

I was wrong too. I believed the pollsters were wrong in their assumptions re the electorate. I also couldn’t see how a person that has so utterly failed could be re elected. I apologize.

27 posted on 11/06/2012 9:03:01 PM PST by trappedincanuckistan (livefreeordietryin)

To: Hoosier-Daddy
Lots of things do not add up.

Agree 100%

Or, 110% in lib count.

28 posted on 11/06/2012 9:03:35 PM PST by Jane Long (Soli Deo Gloria!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

I too am beyond stunned at the spectacular failures of my predictions. I travel for a living, I read at least 4 hours a day, every day. Every thing I saw and heard and read pointed to no f’n way, yet here we are.

How far must the country fall?

29 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:07 PM PST by dsrtsage (One half of all people have below average IQ. In the US the number is 54%)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: bgill

“I’ve been saying hussein would get about 300 but no one believed me. Not going to dump on you but will dump on the GOP because they handed him the election two times now. I said at the beginning of the campaign the fix was in and now we know it was. We don’t have a two party system. The GOP is pitch hitting for the left. Who knows when they switched sides? I didn’t notice until the middle of W’s time but suspect it was already done long before that.”

GOP isn’t the problem. You don’t want to admit that they are doing what they can to keep up with a liberal electorate. That’s the problem.

30 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:09 PM PST by ari-freedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: rdl6989

Dick Morris should do the same...

...to say nothing of Karl Rove...he’s still on Fox arguing that Ohio shouldn’t have been called...Michael Barone (who ought to kind of slink away as well for his predictive powers) came out and schooled him why the numbers aren’t there for Romney...

...as for Morris...did anyone take his claptrap seriously? If so, you should have known better...the guy is what you could call a brilliant idiot...

31 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:31 PM PST by IrishBrigade
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

I’m not going to rip anyone, but I have two requests

1. ENOUGH with the anecdotes. I’m seeing a lot more campaign signs. I hardly know anyone who is voting for the Democrats.

THAT STUFF MEANS NOTHING! Until you know about 40 million people, your anecdotes mean zip, zero, zilch nada, as Rush would say

2. Yes, enough with people predicting election outcomes. I would appreciate that.

-George

32 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:31 PM PST by Calif Conservative (rwr and gwb backer)

To: ari-freedom

I was also very wrong on my projections. And it wasn’t based on emotions. I follow 100 political people on twitter and analyzed 100’s of polls over the last 2 months. I really felt Romney would win by 6 points and 300 EV’s.

I was really wrong and I admit it. Don’t ever listen to me again.

33 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:31 PM PST by gswilder
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: SoCal Pubbie

Nate Silver is the man. Sorry to say. He called it exactly right.

34 posted on 11/06/2012 9:04:40 PM PST by paul544
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

I'm right there with you. The funny thing is, the predictions weren't that far off - a 1% swing our way, and FL/OH/VA and maybe IA go our way, along with the White House.

My big surprise of the night was New Hampshire - I really expected it to fall our way, but I suspect the intervention of Hurricane Sandy may have had something to do with that.

The lesson I learned was to stop ignoring history - beating an incumbent President is very difficult, by my contempt for Obama made me forget.

35 posted on 11/06/2012 9:05:23 PM PST by TonyInOhio (I still believe America is worth fighting for.)

I was right there with you. I hope DU is so proud so many of the are on food stamps right now.

36 posted on 11/06/2012 9:05:23 PM PST by mplsconservative (Barack Hussein 0bama has American blood on HIS hands!)

Back when we had nine candidates, and Palin had not dropped out, I said that none of the nine would ever be president.

I was ripped brutally for saying that if Palin did not run it was because she felt God did not want her to. I said if She didn't run it was because we have earned God's judgement.

God help us for there is no other hope but Jesus.

I am done.

37 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:27 PM PST by itsahoot (Any enemy, that is allowed to have a King's X line, is undefeatable. (USS Taluga AO-62))

..you are not alone, but the crowd should be larger

Some really big names bought the farm with their predictions tonight--goodnight Republic...

“My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!” ― Thomas Jefferson

38 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:32 PM PST by WalterSkinner ( In Memory of My Father--WWII Vet and Patriot 1926-2007)

No flaming from me. I had better hope for this country. I don’t recognize what America has become. I am just in a state of total disbelief. I don’t understand how people can vote for him. I’m sworn off politics for awhile I think. This is more than I can take right now.

39 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:34 PM PST by myrabach

I followed your posts every day and they made me happy. I wanted to believe them too. Don’t beat yourself up, none of us want to face what has become of our beloved country.

40 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:37 PM PST by riri (Plannedopolis-look it up. It's how the elites plan for US to live.)

When you think about it there is no way to know what the true vote count was. Do they really tally our votes or is it all predetermined and our votes just discarded? What we saw today was a big orchestrated sack of BS.

I've had no faith in our voting system since Clinton and I believe many others think that way too. It's a sham now and it's always been a sham. The US is too big a money producer to let it's leadership selection up the little guy.

I have no desire to ever vote again. I'll stick with prayers

41 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:39 PM PST by this_ol_patriot

I am gob smacked but I kept thinking that all the votes aren’t counted yet. I am not willing to accept this result until I see the final tally.

What I know is Israel will now protect itself. the middle east is going to explode and I guess we will find out if pre-trb, mid-trig, post-trig, or post millenials are correct.

Look up our salvation draweth nigh

42 posted on 11/06/2012 9:06:42 PM PST by Nifster

Yeah, but I don’t think anyone is here to celebrate that fact...you really didn’t need to start a thread to beat yourself up over it...

You also did not see Hurricane Sandy messing things up, either.

43 posted on 11/06/2012 9:07:46 PM PST by Republican Wildcat

To: Steely Tom

Adapt, my ass! Adaptation means to allow those lazy-assed parasites to feed off the fruits of my labor. I'm thinking specifically right now about those Georgetown University law-school students who can't afford fucking $9 per month for birth control. My ass!

Maybe I won't labor so much anymore....

44 posted on 11/06/2012 9:08:00 PM PST by kevao (Hey, Obama: The 1930s called, they want their economic policy back.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Don’t feel so bad. Steve Forbes really blew it.

45 posted on 11/06/2012 9:08:04 PM PST by onedoug

To: trappedincanuckistan

“I was wrong too. I believed the pollsters were wrong in their assumptions re the electorate. I also couldn’t see how a person that has so utterly failed could be re elected. I apologize.”

Hugo Chavez. Most of the world, actually. We want to think it can’t happen to us. “Not OUR people. We’re different!”

No, maybe Americans aren’t so different from the rest of the world.

46 posted on 11/06/2012 9:09:16 PM PST by ari-freedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: kevao
But rest assured, the tyranny of the majority (i.e., slavery) has never worked out, so eventually we’ll be free again.

On Glenn Beck tonight they said the next phase is bondage, and that's where we are =( But, freedom comes back after that =)

Every value issue LOST tonight. The immoral issues of marijuana, same sex marriage, doc assisted suicide and higher taxes did win. Sad.

47 posted on 11/06/2012 9:09:25 PM PST by Jane Long (Soli Deo Gloria!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Good on you for this post. I was wrong as well. Those that claimed that our electorate has really shifted in a fundamental way, were right. Congratulations to them (I don’t mean that in any kind of snarky way — they were insightful). We ran a decent/good candidate, against a poor candidate saddled with a lousy economy. With a palpable excitement on the Republican side, coupled with a somewhat disinterested Democrat party — we still lost. I am fearful that the tides have shifted, and we are now simply outnumbered by too much.

48 posted on 11/06/2012 9:09:54 PM PST by jjsheridan5

To: FlingWingFlyer
It’s an uphill battle that the Americans remaining in this country need to fight if we love this country as much as we say we do.

....or shrug and bring the end sooner in hope of another generation rising with a flame of integrity from the ash heap of history.

49 posted on 11/06/2012 9:10:07 PM PST by higgmeister ( In the Shadow of The Big Chicken!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: ari-freedom

I think we got Hugo Chavezed, tonight. Big time.

50 posted on 11/06/2012 9:10:26 PM PST by Jane Long (Soli Deo Gloria!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-94 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson