Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: wideawake; miss marmelstein
I live in the heart of the hardest hit area of New Jersey. I know the worst affected areas well. There was no looting. In fact, there was less property crime than normal.

You have my sincere condolences for the loses you and your neighbors have endured. However, you not personally witnessing looting does not mean there was no looting. Moreover, it doesn't even mean that looting wasn't widespread. Basic logic here: you seeing looting in your area would be evidence that there was looting, but you not witnessing looting in your area can't prove that there wasn't looting elsewhere. Only an honest and objective press could accurately make such a general conclusion over a wide geographically area. This is why we desperately need a truly free press.

56 posted on 11/25/2012 8:52:25 AM PST by Ronaldus Magnus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies ]

To: Ronaldus Magnus
Geez, you're telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

Since I have a car and my house was not flooded, I was on the road from Asbury Park through the Atlantic Highlands to Middletown and beyond. No looting; some state troopers in neighborhoods. They were sitting around doing NOTHING. Because I had no electricity, I went to an inner city area to work out of the public library. No one was looting although I saw horribly maimed houses and homeless people shepherding children around to local shelters.

Did people steal or loot? Probably. But nothing like you are suggesting. Sorry to disillusion you.

57 posted on 11/25/2012 9:55:12 AM PST by miss marmelstein
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies ]

To: Ronaldus Magnus

...and why is someone from Wisconsin telling me about my own neighborhood...

58 posted on 11/25/2012 9:58:04 AM PST by miss marmelstein
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson