Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Amy's Place ... Poetry and Potpourri ... January, 2013
1-1-2013 | JustAmy; St.Louie1; MamaBear; Billie; Meg33, Friends

Posted on 01/01/2013 9:33:41 AM PST by JustAmy

Welcome To....

'Amy's Place' welcomes all poets
and those who enjoy poetry.
'Amy's Place' is more than just about poetry.
Come in, relax, and share with fellow FReepers
your thoughts about any of the things on the *Menu*.

Enjoy! :)

Never Forget!

Bad Penny

Amy's personal guardian ~
the ever charming, lovable, huggable,

LouieWolf

Many thanks for stopping by. : )

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Humor; Miscellaneous; The Poetry Branch
KEYWORDS: amysplace; friends; january2013; poetry
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 451-500501-550551-600 ... 801-849 next last
To: jaycee

I never cook anymore..They bring food or go get it..
They will go grocery shopping, too, for me.
I write a check.
;o)
They are aware of my limits and love me anyway.
Sunday Blessings and *HUGS*

501 posted on 01/20/2013 6:26:25 AM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 497 | View Replies]

;o)

502 posted on 01/20/2013 6:37:28 AM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 499 | View Replies]

To: MEG33

If people don’t love us because we have limits....it isn’t love, is it? As we get older we all have limits. Enjoy your day with your loved ones.

503 posted on 01/20/2013 6:40:49 AM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 501 | View Replies]

To: Jim Robinson; JustAmy; Billie; MEG33; jaycee; dutchess; GodBlessUSA; deadhead; LUV W; mathluv; ...

Freep mail me to be on or off the Daily Bread ping list

A Song To Remember

January 20, 2013

I was delighted when I received a free gift in the mail—a CD of Scripture set to music. After listening to it several times, some of the melodies took root in my mind. Before long, I could sing the words to a couple of verses in the book of Psalms without the help of the recording.

Music can help us recall words and ideas we might otherwise forget. God knew that the Israelites would forget Him when they entered the Promised Land (Deut. 31:20). They would forsake Him, turn to idols, and trouble would follow (vv.16-18). Because of this, He asked Moses to compose a song and teach it to the Israelites so they could remember their past closeness with Him and the sin that hurt their relationship (31:19-22). Perhaps most important, God wanted His nation to recall His character: “[God] is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is He” (32:4).

Consider what God might want you to remember about Him today. Is it His power, His holiness, His love, or His faithfulness? Can you think of a song that celebrates God’s character? Sing it in your heart to the Lord (Eph. 5:19).

Give me a spirit of praise, dear Lord,
That I may adore Your name,
Sing praises from the depths of a grateful heart
To the One who is always the same. —Dawe
Remembering God’s goodness puts a song in your heart.

Read: Deuteronomy 31:16-22

Ascribe greatness to our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect. —Deuteronomy 32:3-4
Bible in a Year:
Genesis 49-50; Matthew 13:31-58

504 posted on 01/20/2013 6:51:18 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 503 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor
"Remembering God’s goodness puts a song in your heart."
AMEN, Mayor!

505 posted on 01/20/2013 7:02:16 AM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 504 | View Replies]

To: All; everyone; FRiends

HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY, EVERYONE!
(Stay warm and give someone a hug, today)

506 posted on 01/20/2013 8:16:04 AM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 492 | View Replies]

To: Diver Dave

Prayers are lifted up for the Great Physician to give you that miracle, DD!

507 posted on 01/20/2013 8:25:05 AM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 488 | View Replies]

To: yorkie

That little sweet, innocent cat wouldn’t make a mess like that. It had to be something else.....LOL!!

508 posted on 01/20/2013 10:32:34 AM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 486 | View Replies]

It was my ‘popcorn’ puppy that made the mess - and she stuck the kitty in the middle of all that mess, and then came to me, to tattle on the BAD cat!

509 posted on 01/20/2013 10:42:39 AM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 508 | View Replies]

To: yorkie; JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; DollyCali; ...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS AND OUR BELOVED NATION!

Amazing Grace
(Click)

By John Newton

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, .
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, Who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.

Genuflectimus non ad principem sed ad Principem Pacis!

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

510 posted on 01/20/2013 11:58:14 AM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 509 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; DollyCali; ...

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. " (Joshua 1:9 KJV)

The Lord’s Prayer
Andrea Bocelli
(Click)

DEAR LORD, who suffered torment, agony, and death upon the Cross to free our souls from the chains of iniquity, protect and defend our troops. Guide them in the performance of their duties. Strengthen them to endure hardship, danger and deprivation in Your service. Let their efforts free the people of Iraq and Afghanistan from the chains of terror and slavery, foster a lasting peace in the region, and bring all to a greater share in Your Mercy.

Amen.

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

511 posted on 01/20/2013 11:59:53 AM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 510 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; DollyCali; ...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

THE NAVY HYMN
Eternal Father, Strong to Save
(Click)

The Marine Corps Verse:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24(KJV)

A Blessed Lord’s Day To You And Yours!

512 posted on 01/20/2013 12:01:30 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 511 | View Replies]

To: MEG33; JustAmy; yorkie; tiapam; GodBlessUSA; Colonel_Flagg; jaycee; oldteen; ...

Proverbs 3...

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. AMEN!

Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
~How Great Thou Art~

God bless our troops!
God bless America!

513 posted on 01/20/2013 12:23:03 PM PST by LUV W (All my heroes wear camos!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 502 | View Replies]

To: ConorMacNessa

Conor, thank you so much for your great graphics, music, and scripture today! Wishing you and your family a peaceful and restful Lord’s Day!

514 posted on 01/20/2013 1:23:57 PM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 512 | View Replies]

Thanks very much, Yorkie! A Blessed Lord's Day to you and yours!

Keep Faith with the Fallen of Benghazi! Let the Obama Regime, for once, tell the Truth!

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Coelum!

515 posted on 01/20/2013 1:42:20 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 514 | View Replies]

The King’s Singers

William Byrd – Haec Dies
(Click)

William Byrd – Beata Viscera Mariae Virginis
(Click)

William Byrd – Ave Verum Corpus
(Click)

Please let me know by Freepmail if you would like to get on or off of my music pinglist

516 posted on 01/20/2013 1:46:29 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 515 | View Replies]

To: All

What a happy creature! LOL!

517 posted on 01/20/2013 2:11:17 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 514 | View Replies]

To: jaycee; All

Keep Faith with the Fallen of Benghazi! Let the Obama Regime, for once, tell the Truth!

518 posted on 01/20/2013 3:27:10 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 517 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; The Mayor; left that other site; jaycee; yorkie; ConorMacNessa; LUV W; Diver Dave; ...

Good Sunday Evening

Thank you all for coming by today.
The Mayor;:Thank you for blessing us every day with your wonderful Our Daily Bread
devotions.
Mary Lou:Thank you for the hugs and blessings.
Jaycee;Thank you for your sweet comments on my opening, your blessings and fun
doggie.
Yorkie: Thank you for the beautiful church scene and blessings
Conor MacNessa: Thank you for your lovely music, prayers,tributes, scripture and
graphics.
Luv W: Thank you for the lovely music, scripture and graphic.
I Wish You a blessed evening and restful sleep..
Healing prayers for our hurting FRiends
*May God Keep Safe Those Who Keep Us Safe

519 posted on 01/20/2013 5:05:07 PM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 499 | View Replies]

I love your rules on BACON! I had bacon yesterday and the house smelled so good. They should put that smell in a room spray can! LOL! And another good one to put in a spray can would be homemade bread baking.

I took a late nap this evening and hope it doesn’t bother my nightly sleep. Its a chilly day and very good for sleeping. The older I get, the more sleepy I get. Oh well, thats the way it goes!

520 posted on 01/20/2013 6:20:28 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 518 | View Replies]

Beautiful flowers, Meg. Thanks~~~~

521 posted on 01/20/2013 6:24:57 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 519 | View Replies]

There's one on Whiskey as well - I'd post it but it's too vulgar for this forum.

Unfortunately, I'm off bacon on orders of my cardiologist. I would really like to have a bacon and blue cheese cheeseburger from the Old Ebbitt Grill - just across the street from the White House - along with a Bass Ale and some shrimp cocktail - OEG has the largest shrimp I've ever been served as shrimp cocktail.

522 posted on 01/20/2013 7:05:57 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 520 | View Replies]

I seldom buy bacon but occasionally I do. I truly sinned when I went to the grocery store a few days ago. I bought bacon and sausage. Oh my goodness! I wanted some sausage, gravy and biscuits a couple of times and a few strips of bacon with my eggs. I figure if I do it now and then it will be okay.

Most of us have cut back on those things because of all the reports. But a little in moderation is okay (that is my rules.) LOL! I will report I have had bacon once and sausage once BUT I may indulge again tomorrow on one of them. I do not think either is an every day food! And don’t you just love a BLT sandwich? I have everything to make me one this week, except the tomato but I can pick a couple up any time.

They tell us now not to eat ALL the things we love most but I think a little of everything in moderation is okay. I am not a big eater anymore and have lost a lot of weight and am a bit worried about it. I plan to tell my doctor at my next appointment. I remember a few years ago I would say “Gosh, I wish I could lose 10 lbs. and now I’ve lost too much.” As Gilda Radner used to say, “Its always somethin”.

523 posted on 01/20/2013 7:24:31 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 522 | View Replies]

524 posted on 01/20/2013 10:27:48 PM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 519 | View Replies]

Your Sunday Post is Wonderful, Dear Meg! So Very Lovely!
It Looks like a Beautiful Dream.

Thank you for your Sweet #455, and for your Prayers for my Back.

(((((Hugs, Prayers, and Blessings)))))

525 posted on 01/21/2013 12:19:10 AM PST by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 492 | View Replies]

To: Diver Dave
Amen to your Post of Praise and Worship to our King!
Joining you in Thanksgiving for Jesus' Goodness, Grace, and Love.
During our Fiery Trials of Life, I'm So Grateful for Every Mercy from His Hand.

Sending Prayers for Pain Relief, Healing and Comfort, Brother Dave, in our Savior's Most Wonderful Name.

526 posted on 01/21/2013 12:55:05 AM PST by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 488 | View Replies]

To: Jim Robinson; JustAmy; Billie; MEG33; jaycee; dutchess; GodBlessUSA; deadhead; LUV W; mathluv; ...

Open Arms

January 21, 2013

At the funeral of former US First Lady Betty Ford, her son Steven said, “She was the one with the love and the comfort, and she was the first one there to put her arms around you. Nineteen years ago when I went through my alcoholism, my mother . . . gave me one of the greatest gifts, and that was how to surrender to God, and to accept the grace of God in my life. And truly in her arms I felt like the prodigal son coming home, and I felt God’s love through her. And that was a good gift.”

Jesus’ parable about a young man who asked for and squandered his inheritance and then in humiliation returned home leaves us amazed at his father’s response: “When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him” (Luke 15:20). Instead of a lecture or punishment, the father expressed love and forgiveness by giving him a party. Why? Because “this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found” (v.24).

Steven Ford concluded his tribute with the words, “Thank you, Mom, for loving us, loving your husband, loving us kids, loving the nation, with the heart of God.”

May God enable us to open our arms to others, just as His are open wide to all who turn to Him.

Lord, help me be kind and forgiving—
Your loving forgiveness You’ve shown
To me for the sins I’ve committed;
Lord, grant me a love like Your own. —Anon.
Forgiven sinners know love and show love.

Read: Luke 15:11-24

When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. —Luke 15:20
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 1-3; Matthew 14:1-21

527 posted on 01/21/2013 4:31:31 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 526 | View Replies]

Open Arms

January 21, 2013

At the funeral of former US First Lady Betty Ford, her son Steven said, “She was the one with the love and the comfort, and she was the first one there to put her arms around you. Nineteen years ago when I went through my alcoholism, my mother . . . gave me one of the greatest gifts, and that was how to surrender to God, and to accept the grace of God in my life. And truly in her arms I felt like the prodigal son coming home, and I felt God’s love through her. And that was a good gift.”

Jesus’ parable about a young man who asked for and squandered his inheritance and then in humiliation returned home leaves us amazed at his father’s response: “When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him” (Luke 15:20). Instead of a lecture or punishment, the father expressed love and forgiveness by giving him a party. Why? Because “this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found” (v.24).

Steven Ford concluded his tribute with the words, “Thank you, Mom, for loving us, loving your husband, loving us kids, loving the nation, with the heart of God.”

May God enable us to open our arms to others, just as His are open wide to all who turn to Him.

Lord, help me be kind and forgiving—
Your loving forgiveness You’ve shown
To me for the sins I’ve committed;
Lord, grant me a love like Your own. —Anon.
Forgiven sinners know love and show love.

Read: Luke 15:11-24

When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. —Luke 15:20
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 1-3; Matthew 14:1-21

528 posted on 01/21/2013 4:32:32 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 526 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor; JustAmy; left that other site; MEG33; oldteen; jaycee; Kitty Mittens; potlatch; ...

My eyes will see not one second of this disgusting debacle, today!

529 posted on 01/21/2013 8:07:35 AM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 528 | View Replies]

Me Neither.

We pray for the Repentance, Restoration, and Renewal of Our Beloved Nation.

The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will exalt Him.

ML/LTOS
(El Kabong)

530 posted on 01/21/2013 8:14:31 AM PST by left that other site (Worry is the darkroom that developes negatives.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 529 | View Replies]

I shut it all off. I refuse to listen or to watch more lies being said. I can’t handle it anymore! I really can’t. And we are looking at 4 more years of this insanity? We are done as a country I fear.

531 posted on 01/21/2013 10:54:22 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)

To: The Mayor; All

© 2009 Michael Schroeder/Worldwide Impact Publishing (ASCAP)

Praise, God from whom all blessings flow, (James 1:17)
Praise Him all creatures here below; (Psalm 145:21)
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host; (Rev 5:11-14)
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matt 28:19)
Praise to the Father praise the Son
Praise to the Spirit Three in One. (Matt 28:19, Deut 6:4)
Praise to the most high God we sing. (Psalm 136:2)
Praise to our Savior, Lord and King. (2 Peter 1:11, Psalm 74:12)
Chorus
Praise Our God, praise His Name, (Psalm 96:2)
Praise our God, for our God saves. (Psalm 68:20)
Let every mouth the Lord proclaim. (Psalm 145:21)
Let earth and heaven sing His praise. (Psalm 96:11)
Let every knee before Him bow, (Romans 14;11)
Great is our God, the Lord of all. (Acts 10:36)

AMEN,

532 posted on 01/21/2013 11:00:33 AM PST by geologist (" If you love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 504 | View Replies]

To: yorkie; All; JustAmy; MEG33; jaycee; Kitty Mittens; left that other site; LUV W; ConorMacNessa; ...

~A Blessed Military Monday~

Photobucket

Pray for our Troops!

533 posted on 01/21/2013 11:25:30 AM PST by oldteen

To: The Mayor

I fear the same thing, Rus.

534 posted on 01/21/2013 11:32:33 AM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 531 | View Replies]

To: oldteen; JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; ...

GOOD MILITARY MONDAY TO AMY’S PLACE!

The Soldier’s Code

1) I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

2) I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.

3) If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

4) If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me, and will back them up in every way.

5) When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies, or harmful to their cause.

6) I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower, August, 1955.

535 posted on 01/21/2013 11:36:47 AM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 533 | View Replies]

To: yorkie; left that other site
I'm just broken hearted that I missed it!

NOT!

536 posted on 01/21/2013 11:37:03 AM PST by oldteen

To: oldteen

Thank you, Teenie, for that glorious graphic! It brings me back to what is meaningful and important today!

Prayers for you and your family continue, dear friend!

537 posted on 01/21/2013 11:38:22 AM PST by yorkie

To: oldteen

I dearly love your graphic, teenie. I hope you are doing okay! See ya later!

538 posted on 01/21/2013 12:00:10 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))

You're welcome. God Bless our Military!

Thank YOU for the continued prayers. They are truly appreciated!

539 posted on 01/21/2013 2:44:45 PM PST by oldteen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 537 | View Replies]

Thank you, jaycee.

I'm doing OK, I think. :)

540 posted on 01/21/2013 2:46:33 PM PST by oldteen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 538 | View Replies]

To: All; The Mayor; JustAmy; oldteen; yorkie; jaycee; left that other site; Kitty Mittens; ...
*Good Miltary Monday To Amy's Place*

Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave

*May God Bless And Protect Our Troops*

541 posted on 01/21/2013 4:26:46 PM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 528 | View Replies]

How very beautiful, yorkie!..
;o)

542 posted on 01/21/2013 4:29:50 PM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 524 | View Replies]

To: Kitty Mittens

Aww..Thank you, Kitty..Hugs, Prayers and Blessings for you.

543 posted on 01/21/2013 4:56:48 PM PST by MEG33
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 525 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; The Mayor; yorkie; Kitty Mittens; jaycee; oldteen; left that other site; ...

Today was Christmas with son and daughter in law..The only newsworthy thing going on in this house!
;o)
I have lots of new pictures to enjoy..
They went on a cruise at Christmas with their sons,their daughter in law and the twin grandsons...thus the delay.
I’ve had a great long weekend of company. My neice did big grocery shopping for me..I am set now for a blizzard....
though we’ll be blessed with high temps in the 70s for a few days.

I think I’ll watch a movie tonight. lest I might get a glimpse of something I can’t bear to see.

544 posted on 01/21/2013 4:59:30 PM PST by MEG33

How nice you had company today...and were distracted from the white noise on the TV. :)

I kept it off...except for when hubby was watching cable channels of movies and such. CANNOT listen to the fake president...ick!

545 posted on 01/21/2013 5:48:19 PM PST by LUV W (All my heroes wear camos!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 544 | View Replies]

I pray for a few 70 degree days. I was happy today for 49. It has been so cold for a few days that 49 is wonderful. I am definitely a spring and summer person. I do despise bitter cold weather and I’m trying to count the cold days left through March.

Occasionally we can warm up to 65 or 70 for a day of two and I am praying for just a few of those so I can bear the bitter days I know we’ll have. I talked to my SIL today, the one who moved to Florida a year ago. I told her I was so jealous of those Tampa temperatures when I see the weather reports every morning. She is loving living there. Both her sons are there now. The last son just moved there shortly after Barbara moved down. Her other son has lived there about 15 years.

546 posted on 01/21/2013 5:58:10 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 544 | View Replies]

Amen, yorkie!

When the TV was on, I too refused to watch any of it. I walked away or changed the channel. Don’t watch much TV during the day and only our favorite programs in the evening. We record programs and watch them at later times and skip through all the commercials.

Picked up mrs dd at the Oakland airport last night. She spent 3 1/2 days with her sister in Dallas. Her sister is a local co-ordinator with a high school foreign exchange student program. I was also a co-ordinator a few years ago but quit the program.

I’m sooooo glad she’s home again.

547 posted on 01/21/2013 11:14:01 PM PST by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)

Choose Your God

January 22, 2013

I recently saw a commercial for an online game based on Greek mythology. It spoke about armies, mythological gods, heroes, and quests. What got my attention was the description of how to get the game started. You go online to register, choose your god, then build your empire.

Wow! “Choose your god.” Those words, though presented casually in the ad, struck me as being characteristic of one of the most dangerous things about our world. In a game, it may be insignificant what “god” you choose; but in the real world that choice has eternal consequences.

To a generation of Israelites surrounded by the gods of their day, Joshua declared that they must choose their god—but it must not be done in a cavalier way. He set the example as he said, “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Josh. 24:15).

Today, as in the days of Joshua, there are many options. But there is only one wise choice—the true God. Joshua made the right choice. “We will serve the Lord.”

The gods of this world are empty and vain,
They cannot give peace to one’s heart;
The living and true One deserves all our love—
From Him may we never depart. —D. DeHaan
Nothing can fill the emptiness in your heart except God.

Read: Joshua 24:14-18

Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve . . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. —Joshua 24:15
Bible in a Year:
Exodus 4-6; Matthew 14:22-36

548 posted on 01/22/2013 5:36:14 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 547 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; JustAmy; Billie; MEG33; yorkie; LUV W; Kitty Mittens; GailA; TheConservativeParty; ...

Wishing All a Happy Tuesday
Have a "bluebird"day!

549 posted on 01/22/2013 11:26:37 AM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 548 | View Replies]

I made a mistake on my table and couldn’t get it figured out. If you don’t do the tables in 6 months, I think you forget how! Makes me mad! LOL!

550 posted on 01/22/2013 11:30:15 AM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 549 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 451-500501-550551-600 ... 801-849 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson