Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Monkey Face

I passed the Charlotte Motor Speedway last month when taking Elen to Concord for meteorology study. I hadn’t realized how BIG it is! Anoreth went to the drag races there once, with her auto-shop class from Central Piedmont.

5,149 posted on 03/10/2013 2:43:50 PM PDT by Tax-chick (Don't panic until Rrrod panics.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5148 | View Replies ]

To: Tax-chick; Anoreth

The Speedway here is “GI-NORMOUS!” 12 tracks, medical facilities, permanent police station, private well, food processor that is larger than the biggest the US Gommint has, open 24/7, lots of motor museums and specialty car shops, and if you ever come here, make it a point to visit The Speedway at Las Vegas.

The Speed Shop/Museum alone is worth the visit.

I spend most of my time at “The Strip at Las Vegas,” which is the drag strip, but back in the day, “Viva Las Vegas” was filmed at the then “race track.” Elvis was driving a Shelby car, and to my knowledge, Barrett-Jackson is now the owner of said car.

The tour takes about an hour, but it covers all the tracks.

5,152 posted on 03/10/2013 2:54:24 PM PDT by Monkey Face (In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. ~ Ben Franklin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5149 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson