To: Sherman Logan
It is often easy to forget that our CW had by far the fewest atrocities committed during and following the war of ANY great civil war in history.
If you want to forget Sherman's (The Torch) Georgia and Carolina campaigns.... LOL
posted on 01/21/2013 4:00:04 PM PST
( I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)
Do you understand the concept of less and more? Hint: less does not mean none.
If you wish to challenge my observation, feel free to demonstrate why I’m wrong by referencing a great civil war that had fewer atrocities.
To: central_va; Sherman Logan
central_va: "If you want to forget Sherman's (The Torch) Georgia and Carolina campaigns.... LOL"
To keep things in perspective, let us rehearse again the Confederate invasions and operations in Union states and territories.
These invasions all left trails of pillage and destruction:
- Stonewall Jackson in May 1862 (Front Royal)
- RE Lee in September 1862 (Antietam/Sharpsburg)
- JEB Stuart in July 1863 (Gettysburg)
- Jubal Early in July 1864 (Monacacy)
- JEB Stuart in October 1862
- RE Lee, JEB Stuart & Co in June-July 1863 (Gettysburg)
- Jubal Early / John McCausland in July 1864 (Burning of Chambersburg)
- Albert Jenkins in September 1862
- John Morgan in summer 1863 (Morgan's Raid)
- Newberg Raid (1862)
- Hine's & Morgan's Raids (1863)>
- A long list of Confederate invasions of Kentucky, beginning with Leonides Polk in September 1861
- Crittenden in January 1862 (Mill Springs)
- Johnson at Forts Henry and Donaldson
- John Morgan throughout 1862 & 1863
- Battles of Richmond, Mumfordville, Perryville (1862)
- to Nathan Forrest in 1864.
- Continuous battles, from Wilson's Creek in 1861
- to Price's Raid in 1864.
- Quatrill's Raiders in 1863, including the Lawrence Massacre
- Price's Raid in 1864.
- Oklahoma and New Mexico both invaded by Confederate forces.
- Colorado and California had Confederate forces operating in them.
posted on 01/22/2013 5:50:07 AM PST
(a little historical perspective....)
Don't forget Sheridan and his raping, burning, murdering, starving and pillaging the Shenandoah Vally.
Sherman and Sheridan Blue Scum Bellies bragged for years that most the babies born in the South after the war were probably half Yankee (and not by choice).
My family was ruined by Sherman and like a Jew in old Poland I may be the illegitimate descendant of a rapist Cossack.
posted on 01/22/2013 6:43:14 AM PST
by Happy Rain
("Banning guns over Adam Lanza would be like banning speech over Bill Maher.")
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson