Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: central_va
Don't forget Sheridan and his raping, burning, murdering, starving and pillaging the Shenandoah Vally.

Sherman and Sheridan Blue Scum Bellies bragged for years that most the babies born in the South after the war were probably half Yankee (and not by choice).

My family was ruined by Sherman and like a Jew in old Poland I may be the illegitimate descendant of a rapist Cossack.

33 posted on 01/22/2013 6:43:14 AM PST by Happy Rain ("Banning guns over Adam Lanza would be like banning speech over Bill Maher.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies ]

To: Happy Rain
"Sherman and Sheridan Blue Scum Bellies bragged for years that most the babies born in the South after the war were probably half Yankee (and not by choice)."

You wouldn't happen to have a cite for this, would you? I have read extensively on the Shenendoah Campaign, as well as Sherman's March, and have never read anything that indicated such statements.

41 posted on 01/22/2013 10:55:23 AM PST by BlueLancer ("Oh, man, that's a lot of Indians!" [LTC George A. Custer, 1876, near the Little Bighorn Valley])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson