Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: gitmo
Haven’t read about spinal injuries from SOB carry yet but it is easy to see how it could happen.

I guess the reason people carry SOB is that it seems to be the place where the firearm is most concealed from anyone viewing the carrier from the front. (Not to mention thousand of TV cop show episodes).

But to my mind it is the worst place to carry for practical quick access during a life or death confrontation in a real world situation. (Other than an ankle holster; but no one carries a primary weapon in an ankle holster that I am aware of).

6 posted on 02/05/2013 8:34:07 PM PST by Pontiac (The welfare state must fail because it is contrary to human nature and diminishes the human spirit.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

To: Pontiac

Yeah I’m planning on picking up a little RUGER LCP with an ankle holster for a backup. It will also work well in a jacket it hoodie pocket.

8 posted on 02/06/2013 9:11:52 AM PST by gitmo ( If your theology doesn't become your biography it's useless.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

To: Pontiac

An officer in Charleston SC was directing traffic on an icy bridge over the bay. He slipped on the ice and was paralyzed from spinal damage from his backup weapon in the SOB.

9 posted on 02/06/2013 9:16:54 AM PST by gitmo ( If your theology doesn't become your biography it's useless.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson