Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: rarestia
I’d still rather play Minecraft on my gaming desktop than my iPad.

I would hope so. However, I would imagine that the iPad would be a tad more portable, if you want to play (read, surf, whatever) while not at your desk.

That's always been the trade-off -- raw power vs. portability.

20 posted on 02/12/2013 12:38:17 PM PST by kevkrom (If a wise man has an argument with a foolish man, the fool only rages or laughs...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: kevkrom

My response to that has always been: “I sit at a desk and stare at a screen for 8 hours a day for living. I don’t want to come home to continue doing it.”

Since I married last year, I’ve found I spend a lot less time behind the joystick and a lot more time with my wife either outdoors or working around the house.

Since Intel’s announced they’re not making enthusiast-marketed processors after this year, and the market is likely to start moving more toward OEM and consoles, I’ll likely hang up my hobbyist belt to focus more on gunsmithing, gardening, or fishing as I get older.

21 posted on 02/12/2013 12:48:04 PM PST by rarestia (It's time to water the Tree of Liberty.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

To: kevkrom

My son is always turning his nose up at my modest rig....loves his dinky laptop.

22 posted on 02/12/2013 1:16:22 PM PST by Ernest_at_the_Beach ((The Global Warming Hoax was a Criminal Act....where is Al Gore?))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson