Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: rarestia

So what might the new consoles coming do FOR you,.....any hope and all that they might get some business from you?

4 posted on 02/12/2013 10:55:16 AM PST by Ernest_at_the_Beach ((The Global Warming Hoax was a Criminal Act....where is Al Gore?))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: Ernest_at_the_Beach

any hope AT all that ....

5 posted on 02/12/2013 10:57:22 AM PST by Ernest_at_the_Beach ((The Global Warming Hoax was a Criminal Act....where is Al Gore?))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

To: Ernest_at_the_Beach

Consoles don’t really shake my tree. Micro$oft, Sony, and Nintendo are doing everything they can to turn their consoles into one-size-fits-all multimedia platforms that can control your TV experience, play movies from media or storage, stream online content, and act as a consolidated social media platform. They each do well in in their own little way.

I only recently got an iPad, and I admit that I love it for browsing FR from the recliner while the wife watches TV or catching up on email or news while I wait in the doctor’s office. As far as gaming, however, it doesn’t really do anything FOR me. Touchscreens are still very awkward compared to MAK desktop gameplay, and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Younger generations who came up with touchscreens will likely enjoy and innovate tablet/phone gaming, because they’ve grown accustomed to it, but as a Linux CLI geek and system engineer, I prefer my MAK to voice control or touchscreen anyway.

I haven’t purchased a gaming console in years. Last one I received as a gift was the Nintendo Wii, and the last one I purchased for myself was the Nintendo Gamecube. I prefer my custom-built gaming desktop and a very hearty selection of games from Steam to quench my thirst. And, of course, there’s always Minecraft.

14 posted on 02/12/2013 12:06:39 PM PST by rarestia (It's time to water the Tree of Liberty.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson