Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: BenLurkin

Last Olympics I watched, I didn’t think there was any other sport except beach volleyball. That’s all I ever saw when I turned it on.

19 posted on 02/12/2013 11:25:53 AM PST by ZX12R
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: ZX12R
Last Olympics I watched, I didn’t think there was any other sport except beach volleyball. That’s all I ever saw when I turned it on.

Yeah, I got that impression too. A side note with the advent of us going digital with HDTV and subchannels, why can't NBC set up subchannels with other sports, even if they could only offer them in standard definition (HD makes no difference to me, I've been watching the same TV set for 30 years daily), that way you can have one event on 11-1 (virtual channel number for the Pittsburgh NBC affiliate), 11-3, 11-4 and so on. 11-2 is MeTV so that's taken. BTW, some might think I'm a heretic but beach volleyball just does not quite make the cut for me as an Olympic sport. Yes, I will support my teams and hope we win but I just thing we are watering the games down too much.
56 posted on 02/12/2013 1:59:54 PM PST by Nowhere Man (Whitey, I miss you so much. Take care, pretty girl. (4-15-2001 - 10-12-2012))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson