Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Ramius; Squantos; g'nad
Sword ping

Forget about the blade, that would be a war hammer to anybody except TSA, which seemed only mildly suspicious to them. I guess TSA has never even perused orthopedic supply catalogs to see what normal canes look like. Or know how to spot the simple modification to a regular cane to turn it into a martial-arts weapon. :)

18 posted on 03/22/2013 1:07:31 AM PDT by 300winmag (Overkill Never Fails)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

To: Ramius; 300winmag; IrishCatholic; lookout88; Wpin; spetznaz; Smokin' Joe; HungarianGypsy; neb52; ...

Sword Ping!

Nice sword-cane. There really ought to be a way they could allow people to ship items home rather than just forfeit them. I lost a Leatherman tool that way.

25 posted on 03/22/2013 4:16:37 AM PDT by Ramius (Personally, I give us one chance in three. More tea anyone?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

To: 300winmag

From my days in scouting, a hiking staff, stick, pole what have you, was a valued tool and weapon. Many a snake aka Charlie no shoulders, was flipped off the trail or killed with said stick. Add then a career of stomp and drag riot control with a 36 inch baton, PR-24’s etc and yes a cane or broomstick is a viable self defense thang indeed !

Uniformed, static security such as TSA wannabes is pure friggin whitewash and real terrorists know it. They will be back when and where they want.

Me , I’m retired military, I fly space A overseas, general aviation or company aircraft in the states or drive to my destinations.

If TSA is involved with my trip security I will walk home......they are a joke.

31 posted on 03/22/2013 5:21:12 AM PDT by Squantos ( Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson