Skip to comments.Tell us about your most disgusting experience in a restaurant
Posted on 03/23/2013 4:07:54 AM PDT by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin
On Monday, I stepped up to the line at my trusty downtown Chipotle Mexican Grill just as the server was replenishing the sour cream. She had on one glove, but the operative hand was bare and she got a few dots of the creamy, white stuff on her palm.
Then, she LICKED it off.
I tried to play it cool and asked the server to wash her hands as she slipped on a glove covering the contamination. The transaction didn't happen, needless to say. After leaving the restaurant, I tweeted my outrage. Chipotle corporate folks responded lickety-split in two minutes via Twitter to say they would investigate.
They later told me privately on social media that they had viewed the entire incident (as well as my unfiltered reaction) on video.
"There is no rule that says you have to wash your hands after handling money, especially if you're not handling money with your bare hands," Gray said. "But, we always recommend to management that people wash their hands after handling money because money is dirty."
(Excerpt) Read more at blog.chron.com ...
Zapata’s south Fort pierce,fl.
Worker dropped large plastic container of picante sauce on kitchen floor. Jar broke sending sauce all over the floor where he scooped it up then tried to serve some to customers.
We walked out.
Found a cig butt in the soup at a chinese buffet, never ate at one again!
I believe I remember that McDonald’s owns Chipotle. Anyone remember what McD’s policy toward homos is?
I was eating and bama came on the TV
It didn’t happen to me, but we have a friend who worked at Micky Dees for a while. She dropped a hamburger patty on the floor and was getting ready to throw it into the trash. The manager told her to use it anyway. We never went to M D after that.
I was eating in a sub shop with a friend when an angry looking sweaty black man walked out of the men’s room right past our table carrying a wet toilet plunger. To top that off, he worked assembling subs.
I don't like eating out either because of the cleanliness factor. Last time I called a company was when the waitress' hands were so filthy she had black grunge under her fingernails. Many years ago there was a family owned cafe where the owner would make the most wonderful pies. One day, we saw her slicing the pies and she'd make a slice and lick the knife, make another slice and lick the knife.
Part of it was my fault but I held out my coffee cup for the waitress to fill it and I ended with a scorched wiener when she missed the cup
As a teenager I worked for a well known donut shop. The smokers would put their cigarettes on a ledge over the chocolate frosting. The ashes would fall in. They would just stir them in. This was many many years ago but I am sure things like this still happen all the time everywhere.
All I did was to complain about a dirty fork.
As a former chef, I’ve seen much worse in some places.
I usually walk into the commercial kitchen, especially if I’m there for the first time, and have a quick look around at specific cook/food prep/ready-serve areas, before saying I was looking for the men’s restroom. Heh.
I always notify local Dept of Health of any infraction.
Don’t get out to eat much, but at an Ihop in South Carolina our three year old squeezed and popped two coffee creamers, one in each hand. It got on the wall, window, people at the next table, and the waitress. And us. Ok, maybe not too disgusting as everyone got a pretty good laugh at her reaction.
Wife and I were sitting in a very nice local Italian restaurant for an early dinner one day. Seated at the next table was a young couple with two kids running around the our table making a racket. Parents said nothing. I looked up to see if the father was going to say anything and noticed he had speared what looked like a large piece of breaded veal or chicken (about 6” in diameter) and started to eat it off the fork going around the perimeter of the veal like a six year old might do. I figured then there was no hope of having a peaceful meal.
Fingernail in home made soup. Mother-in-law made it. When I told her about it she said :I wondered what happened to that nail”
Chipotle just screwed over the Boy Scouts because they’re not pro-sodomy, right?
Waiter. Towel. Wipes outside deck flooring. Wipes table. We left.
I was at an “all you can eat” buffet which included crab legs. One lady had taken the last leg (they were bringing more out) and another lady stabbed her hand with a fork thus getting blood on the buffet line.
More than 2 decades ago I was newly divorced. My ex and I went to a tax preparer to do our final joint taxes. On the way back we stopped to eat. I saw the waiter drop her plate of deep fried shrimp on the floor as he was leaving the kitchen area and put them back on her plate. I kept my mouth shut since it has been only weeks before she left for some guy she only knew 2 weeks. Through the decades that is one of the memories that still brings a smile.
The worst thing that happened in a restaurant didn’t happen to me. I was eating lunch with a friend and she found half a roach in her hot dog............ she had eaten the other half... I found a rock in my beans at a Mexican restaurant and at first I thought it was a tooth. (that was creepy).......... but the worst was watching a guy wearing one rubber glove, behind the meat counter in Whole Foods, pick his nose with his gloved hand.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.