Skip to comments.Tell us about your most disgusting experience in a restaurant
Posted on 03/23/2013 4:07:54 AM PDT by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin
On Monday, I stepped up to the line at my trusty downtown Chipotle Mexican Grill just as the server was replenishing the sour cream. She had on one glove, but the operative hand was bare and she got a few dots of the creamy, white stuff on her palm.
Then, she LICKED it off.
I tried to play it cool and asked the server to wash her hands as she slipped on a glove covering the contamination. The transaction didn't happen, needless to say. After leaving the restaurant, I tweeted my outrage. Chipotle corporate folks responded lickety-split in two minutes via Twitter to say they would investigate.
They later told me privately on social media that they had viewed the entire incident (as well as my unfiltered reaction) on video.
"There is no rule that says you have to wash your hands after handling money, especially if you're not handling money with your bare hands," Gray said. "But, we always recommend to management that people wash their hands after handling money because money is dirty."
(Excerpt) Read more at blog.chron.com ...
and his other hand had his index finger run up his nose picking out burgers and flipping them away
You can’t imagine what kind of visual I got from that typo!
At a breakfast buffet, a girl of about 12 years old with Downs or Asbergers had trouble serving herself. She scooped up large piles of scrambled eggs she dropped with her bare hands and put them back into the warmer. I changed my order from buffet to a club sandwich.
Roach on its back all 6 legs up in the air on top of my pork fried rice. No extra charge for the meat. :-)
Imagine the manager having to call this guy into the office. "Uh, you see, after you wipe, you really need to uh, wash your poopy paws..."
This is a true story. I was in college in Texas. A friend of mine and I went to a restaurant named Snappy’s, not far from the college. As students we were broke and it was cheap to get a meal there. Snappy’s was noted for chicken-fried-steak with cream gravey. We sat down and ordered. While waiting an older man and woman came in with a young boy, maybe a grandchild. The boy was clean and dressed decently. The old man and woman were a little loud and had obviously been drinking. The little boy, I guage about 7-8 years old seemed scared. They ordered. Well, our order came and then their order went to their table. The old man was talking loudly and we watched them. All of the sudden, after he had eaten about 1/2 of his chicken-fried-steak he suddenly vominted into his plate. Then, he seemed to stir the contents on the plate, mixing vomitus, uneaten mashed potatos, and the gravey.....and ate all of the plateful. He ate it all, again. This is a true and accurate story,...I saw it with my own eyes.
Any place with homos, mexicans, liberals, commies, or savages-with-tattoos-and-bones-in-their-nose™ handling the food. That's pretty much every chow house except oriental and local American places.
Cat Chow Mein at the Peking Moon is probably safe, because that wok grease will kill anything chopped up in small chunks.
Same, I guess, with Billy Bob's Deep-Fried Surf & Swamp Critters.
WTF? That sounds like the guy watched the remake of “The Fly” one time too many!
The following morning the cooks had prepared T-ration bread pudding which they had left in the heated pan, cut into little cubes.
There was Staff Sergeant ________ stabbing at the cubes with that very same pen knife, feeding himself.
LOL! It should have been BOOGERS! But still, once it is on the grill it is a burger!;-D
Business travelers clean their underwear in those room coffeemakers.
It's also important to check out the bathrooms. If the bathroom isn't clean, you don't want to eat at the restaurant, since they don't care enough to even make an attempt to clean a public area, what are the areas behind the scenes like?
Worked at a deli. Another clerk dropped a rotisserie chicken on the floor, picked it up with tongs, put it in the aluminum-lined bag and served it to a customer.
A relative worked for a large school. She noticed little worms in a container of chopped walnuts. She reported it to the cook who promptly threw them...into a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough he was mixing.
I was at a Myrtle Beach fast food joint (Wendy’s ?) on a Sunday noon back in 1988. I was coming down with bronchitis. As I exited the restaurant, this nice family comes bounding up towards me, all dressed up from church. Just as they do, I let loose with some nasty projectile vomiting (not only out my mouth, but out my nose, too). They froze in horror and swiftly returned to their car.
I ordered a fried chicken at a fancy restaurant hotel. As soon as I cut into it, it started spurting blood. I lost my appetite. The maitre’d went back into the kitchen and FIRED the chef on the spot. For the next 10 minutes, all you could hear was shouting and utensils/plates, etc. being thrown about.
Some of the grossest places are at the deli counters in big-cahin grocery stores. The gal will be mopping the floor, then you come up, she puts the mop down and comes to serve you, without washing her hands.
It was so bad, that I finally had to demand the managers, instruct all their employees to wash their hands before serving customers. Did it help? No?
If I were to ask them to wash first, thay would pissed at me for bringing it up.
“... you think that’s bad, you should see how he makes donuts.”
I work with raw and cooked food everyday for a very busy restaurant. Within 4-5 minutes, I change these gloves 2-3 times depending on which hand is doing what.
Owned. McDonalds sold their share back in 2005.
After my Grandma’s funeral there was a formal get together at a restaurant, I’m not sure what it was officially called, a reception maybe.
My cousin ordered a certain brand of beer and the waitress misheard her, I spoke to correct her and she snapped at me to “wait my turn”. I was in mourning and I am not a child and I was your CUSTOMER you unprofessional piece of crap. I regret not chewing her out.
I was never more disgusted in a restaurant, the one that reeked of burnt cheese and garlic and the MacDonalds with the clogged toilet are second and third.
>”My sister found a bandaid in her soup”<
New or used?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.