Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: OldPossum

“You sure are an optimist. I just don’t understand your basis for it.”

Some might call it Faith...James puts it in proper perspective...

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(James 2:17-20 KJV)

Our Founding Fathers had faith, and by their works that faith bore the reality of a great nation. Their faith was made perfect by their good works. It is again time for that kind of faith, supported by works...that we might again become a great nation.

Our Founders were few, not in the majority. Today we find it similarly so, yet the faith of a few willing to support that faith by good works can resort in the Phoenix rising from the ashes.

119 posted on 04/06/2013 2:31:07 PM PDT by GGpaX4DumpedTea (I am a Tea Party descendant...steeped in the Constitutional Republic given to us by the Founders.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 114 | View Replies ]

To: GGpaX4DumpedTea

This.

This is exactly the sentiment needed for a daunting, if not seemingly impossible challenge.

121 posted on 04/06/2013 6:01:07 PM PDT by Conservative Beacon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 119 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson