Skip to comments.23 reasons why all dogs go to heaven
Posted on 08/02/2013 12:40:13 PM PDT by Kartographer
We don't need empirical evidence for this one; the photos above are enough to convince us there's a doggie heaven. And we bet it's full of endless rawhides and infinite tennis balls.
(Excerpt) Read more at now.msn.com ...
My cats have no choice....I have their ashes and they are being mixed with mine..so they’re going....
this HAS to be a joke....because you all are making me laugh...but me thinks some of your are serious
next thing you know some one will type the rainbow bridge poem....very sad indeed
Great video :)
Thanks Lord, for such wonderful companions,
Yep, dogs will even love long-haired hippie bastards like that.
Remember, dog spelled backwards is god.
After the death recently of a dearly loved family dog, a friend of mine posted the following verse, by an anonymous author:
I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying...
you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly
as you brushed away a tear.
“It’s me, I haven’t left you...
I’m well, I’m fine, I’m here.”
I was close to you at breakfast,
I watched you pour the tea.
You were thinking of the many times,
your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today,
your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels,
I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today,
you tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you
that I am not lying there.
I walked with you toward the house,
as you fumbled for your key,
I gently put my paw on you.
I smiled and said, “It’s me.”
You looked so very tired,
and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know
that I was standing there.
It’s possible for me to be
so near you every day.
To say to you with certainty,
“I never went away.”
You sat there very quietly,
then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening,
I was very close to you.
The day is over...I smile
and watch you yawning
And say, “Goodnight, God bless,
I’ll see you in the morning.”
And when the time is right
for you to cross the brief divide,
I’ll rush across to greet you
and we will stand, side-by-side.
I have so many things to show you,
there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out...
then come home to be with me.
- Anonymous -
Hmm maybe that is why they like to “clean” themselves so much... angels don’t have those toys back in heaven.
WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN
1. Dogs don’t cry.
2. Dogs love it when your friends come over.
3. Dogs don’t care if you use their shampoo.
4. Dogs think you sing great.
5. A dog’s time in the bathroom is confined to a quick drink.
6. Dogs don’t expect you to call when you are running late.
7. The later you are, the more excited dogs are to see you
8. Dogs will forgive you for playing with other dogs.
9. Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
10. Dogs are excited by rough play.
11. Dogs don’t mind if you give their offspring away.
12. Dogs understand that farts are funny.
13. Dogs love red meat.
14. Dogs can appreciate excessive body hair.
15. Anyone can get a good-looking dog.
16. If a dog is gorgeous, other dogs don’t hate it.
17. Dogs don’t shop.
18. Dogs like it when you leave lots of things on the floor.
19. A dog’s disposition stays the same all month long.
20. Dogs never need to examine the relationship.
21. A dog’s parents never visit.
22. Dogs love long car trips.
23. Dogs understand that instincts are better than asking for directions.
24. Dogs understand that all animals smaller than dogs were made to be hunted.
25. When a dog gets old and starts to snap at you incessantly, you can shoot it.
26. Dogs like beer.
27. Dogs don’t hate their bodies.
28. No dog ever bought a Kenny G or Hootie & the Blowfish album.
29. No dog ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood.
30. Dogs never criticize.
31. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
32. Dogs never expect gifts.
33. It’s legal to keep a dog chained up at your house.
34. Dogs don’t worry about germs.
35. Dogs don’t want to know about every other dog you ever had.
36. Dogs like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.
37. Dogs don’t let magazine articles guide their lives.
38. Dogs would rather have you buy them a hamburger dinner than a lobster one.
40. You never have to wait for a dog. They’re ready to go 24 hours a day.
41. Dogs have no use for flowers, cards, or jewelry.
42. Dogs don’t borrow your shirts.
43. Dogs never want foot-rubs.
44. Dogs enjoy heavy petting in public.
45. Dogs find you amusing when you’re drunk.
46. Dogs can’t talk.
47. Dogs aren’t catty.
48. Dogs seldom outlive you.
Oh, I forgot...
49. If you lock your dog and your girlfriend in the trunk of your car, the dog will be happy to see you when you open it again.
Lock a dog in the trunk for an hour he’s still glad to see you.
BLURRY SCREEN ALERT!!! Post #27!
Yea; I know; you’re right; a little sappy; but it was still good.
Or if you are dyslexic.
If you read the Bible verses that mention dogs, you have to conclude that God holds dogs in pretty low esteem. They are universally used as a picture/symbol of unbelievers and filthy scavengers.
I’m sorry if that does not fit the dog lover’s high opinion of their pets, but it is Biblically factual.
Biblical speaking us Gentiles do not fair much better.
But Bambi’s apparently worth killing. See story on “The Blaze.”
Catholics do not believe that dogs go to Heaven, because they have no souls, or at least that was the thinking when I was a kid. This was the source of The Great And Permanent Schism between my father and myself. Bottom line: I want to go where they go. I don’t think it would be worthwhile going anywhere else.
I pointed out to him Ecclesiastes 3, verses 18-21, and especially 21. He had no explanation for these words, other than to say that it was “Old Testament”.
That doesn’t at all speak for all Catholics. Paul Johnson believes at best there’s not a clear answer; and St. Francis would be hard pressed to buy into your “certainty”. There are plenty who don’t limit the Lord and what parts of His creation are rewarded eternally.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.