Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

LIBERAL TV HOST SAYS WHITE HOUSE CALLED AND ‘BLUDGEONED’ HIM AFTER HE CRITICIZED OBAMACARE
The Blaze ^ | 10/23/2013 | Jason Howerton

Posted on 10/23/2013 8:22:15 PM PDT by Beave Meister

Liberal TV host Bob Beckel on Wednesday claimed he was “bludgeoned” by a White House official over the phone after he criticized the Obamacare rollout and suggested the law’s implementation should be delayed for 6 months to a year.

“I said, ‘look, you can’t do this thing — yes it’s true, [Obamacare is] not a website, but it’s a portal to get through to get insurance,’” Beckel said.

Beckel’s claim line up with other media personalities that have made the same type of allegations against the Obama administration.

CNN’s Carol Costello on Wednesday morning said “President Obama’s people can be quite nasty.”

“They don’t like you to say anything bad about their boss, and they’re not afraid to use whatever means they have at hand to stop you from doing that, including threatening your job,” she added.

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Health/Medicine
KEYWORDS: 0carenightmare; abortion; bludgeoned; bobbeckel; brownshirts; communists; corruption; deathpanels; democrats; fail; fascist; fox; fraud; gestapo; liberals; liberalthugs; northkorea; obama; obamacare; partisanmediashill; partisanmediashills; ss; theblaze; thinskin; vindictive; zerocare
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-58 next last
Bob is going to have to be sent away for re-education. Remember the Brownshirts are always watching you and you will comply.
1 posted on 10/23/2013 8:22:15 PM PDT by Beave Meister
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Beave Meister

NO DELAY.

It’s the law of the land.

Obama shut the government down in order to fend off a Republican delay.

Let him start the fines for not being able to purchase crap nobody wanted to buy anyway.

2 posted on 10/23/2013 8:23:52 PM PDT by Jet Jaguar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

“Say anything you like. Just don’t say anything you don’t like.” - Old Soviet Communist saying.

3 posted on 10/23/2013 8:26:35 PM PDT by FlingWingFlyer (ObamaCare should have been tested on politicians first!)

To: Jet Jaguar

I agree, no delay. Let’s see the full extent of this garbage. FREE healthcare for everyone!

4 posted on 10/23/2013 8:29:01 PM PDT by BunnySlippers (I LOVE BULL MARKETS . . .)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

I say he gets punished enough having to listen to Dana Perino's voice every day.

Leni

5 posted on 10/23/2013 8:29:42 PM PDT by MinuteGal (<p>)

Fascists?, yes, but the most childish fascists in the history of statism.

6 posted on 10/23/2013 8:31:12 PM PDT by TigersEye (Stupid is a Progressive disease.)

To: MinuteGal
I say he gets punished enough having to listen to Dana Perino's voice every day.

Leni

OUCH. True though. Frikkin' Bush Barbie.

7 posted on 10/23/2013 8:33:54 PM PDT by TADSLOS (The Event Horizon has come and gone. Buckle up and hang on.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Obama is such a little troll.

Using the full weight of the federal government to harass and threaten people for questioning his horsesh1t policies.

8 posted on 10/23/2013 8:37:38 PM PDT by Prole

I think they’re at DEFCON 1 at the WH.

9 posted on 10/23/2013 8:39:48 PM PDT by randita

To: BunnySlippers

see my tagline

10 posted on 10/23/2013 8:42:02 PM PDT by bigbob (The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly. Abraham Lincoln)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I’d like to bludgeon that fat, obnoxious slob myself...
Literally.

11 posted on 10/23/2013 8:42:33 PM PDT by bimboeruption

To: TADSLOS

Her eyes are so darn far apart...like a barracuda’s.

12 posted on 10/23/2013 8:45:07 PM PDT by bimboeruption
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Since I don't really believe a word Bob Beckel says, I guess I would have to also take this with at least a grain of salt. Or a bag of salt. A big bag.
13 posted on 10/23/2013 8:48:20 PM PDT by Tupelo ( Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. An old Republican Tradition.)

Oh Leni, you’re hilarious.
I agree and would add that Dana is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either.

14 posted on 10/23/2013 8:48:22 PM PDT by Mountain Mary (Konni Burton for Texas State Senate!)

... he was “bludgeoned” by a White House official over the phone after he criticized the Obamacare rollout and suggested the law’s implementation should be delayed for 6 months to a year...and just imagine what's happening to those five or six Senate 'rats like Manshin who are now on public record suggesting the same - it's brutal, just brutal......
15 posted on 10/23/2013 8:55:04 PM PDT by Intolerant in NJ

“I say he gets punished enough having to listen to Dana Perino’s voice every day.”
Leni

And I thought it was just me!

16 posted on 10/23/2013 8:56:12 PM PDT by notaliberal (St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle,)

CNN’s Carol Costello: Obama’s People Can Be ‘Nasty,’ Willing to ‘Threaten Your Job’

“President Obama’s people can be quite nasty. They don’t like you to say anything bad about their boss, and they’re not afraid to use whatever means they have at hand to stop you from doing that, including threatening your job.”

17 posted on 10/23/2013 8:58:18 PM PDT by Lancey Howard

Time for Re-Neducation:

Simpson's Re-Neducation>

18 posted on 10/23/2013 9:04:14 PM PDT by Lx (Do you like it? Do you like it, Scott? I call it, "Mr. & Mrs. Tenorman Chili.")

Fathead could fill up a boxcar all by himself....

19 posted on 10/23/2013 9:05:09 PM PDT by clintonh8r (Don't twerk me, Bro!)

To: TADSLOS

Dana was pouring it on about how the Republicans had lost big with the shut down crap. I liked that show for awhile, but Dana really bugs me, don’t watch anymore.

20 posted on 10/23/2013 9:06:11 PM PDT by dandiegirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; cardinal4; ColdOne; ...

Thanks Beave Meister.

The Obama Tax Hikes

to go with

The Obama Recession

and of course

The Obamacare
Disaster

21 posted on 10/23/2013 9:06:20 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (http://www.freerepublic.com/~mestamachine/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Lancey Howard

People at CNN could really take down BO on any scandal if they would and that would put an end to his tantrums and threats to people who dare speak out against him.

22 posted on 10/23/2013 9:07:55 PM PDT by dandiegirl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Is Bobby surprised?

23 posted on 10/23/2013 9:20:41 PM PDT by TBP (Obama lies, Granny dies.)

If anyone needs a good bludgeoning, it’s Beckel.

24 posted on 10/23/2013 9:30:23 PM PDT by cld51860 (Oderint dum metuant)

To: Cringing Negativism Network

This is the law that cringing negativism network is fully in support of!

Please note that cringing negativism network is the resident village idiot of free republic.

25 posted on 10/23/2013 9:37:49 PM PDT by tatown ("So a Hispanic shoots a black and is acquitted by women, but it's still white men's fault.")

They don’t like you to say anything bad about their boss, and they’re not afraid to use whatever means they have at hand to stop you from doing that

"It's all for you!"

26 posted on 10/23/2013 10:51:47 PM PDT by Dr.Deth

Carol Costello needs to be shouting from the rooftops......”the President’s people are NASTY”!!!

27 posted on 10/24/2013 12:52:10 AM PDT by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

To: dandiegirl

I can’t stand The Five anymore either......Dana and Beckel have RUINED it.

28 posted on 10/24/2013 12:55:35 AM PDT by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

Fool Beckel should have known that when a male hooker goes down on his knees, it’s expected he won’t leave any bite marks.

This fact is common knowledge in the Leftist media.

29 posted on 10/24/2013 1:31:13 AM PDT by Jack Hammer (American)

Carol Costello of CNN said much the same thing, and a guy from the New York Times, believe it or not, was floating that type of balloon a couple weeks back. I can’t remember his name...David something, I think.

30 posted on 10/24/2013 2:40:00 AM PDT by SoFloFreeper

CNN’s Carol Costello on Wednesday morning said “President Obama’s people can be quite nasty.”

Bob Woodward and Bob Beckel are NOT liberals than can be easily bullied...

Some at the AP can't be bullied either.

Jon Stewart doesn't like being bullied.

Carol Costello might not like being bullied - her comment took courage ...

The list is getting longer... and the good people - the brave ones - are adding their own names. Thanks guys... you might be liberals but you're old school respectable...

31 posted on 10/24/2013 4:19:54 AM PDT by GOPJ (Self-respect is the root of discipline...dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself-Heschel)

That is balanced by being able to sit next to the other two. I’d say he comes out ahead.

32 posted on 10/24/2013 5:56:06 AM PDT by Vermont Lt ( 1-800-318-2596, Mr President.)

Like Rush said yesterday - the product IS the website. That’s all Obamacare is - a website and they could not even get that right. This is the message the Republicans need to hammer away at. Low information voters believed Obamas lies, and they thought it was all about getting free insurance or free health care. Why do you think so many are going to the website and saying WTF???

33 posted on 10/24/2013 6:01:04 AM PDT by MomwithHope (Let's make Mark Levin's The Liberty Amendments a reality!)

To: cld51860

So...Big Bad Beefy Bob gets b!tchslapped by the regime.

Serves him right. He is such a loudmouth leftie jerk. Just say the words “handguns” & “Second Amendment” and he goes completely meshuganah.

34 posted on 10/24/2013 6:21:17 AM PDT by elcid1970 ("In the modern world, Muslims are living fossils.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Nice to see Joe Manchin ( D) calling for a 1 year delay due to rates going up and that’s not affordable.

Well Joe, didn’t you take the time during the development of this bill to ask that question , instead of joining in the YES vote with the D’s

Oh, I know the answer, you waited like Nancy to “ read it afterward to find out whats in it “

Now that the heat is on you are coming out with a solution. Would have been nice to support Ted Cruz when he was asking for the same thing, or the House of Reps on the same issue.....

35 posted on 10/24/2013 6:25:56 AM PDT by patriotspride

To: dandiegirl

Dana was pouring it on about how the Republicans had lost big with the shut down crap. I liked that show for awhile, but Dana really bugs me, don’t watch anymore.

Dana often has some insights, but never gives up the “ real story” as a former Washington Insider.

36 posted on 10/24/2013 6:27:41 AM PDT by patriotspride
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: tatown; Admin Moderator

Excuse me, I never even posted to this thread.

Lay off would you.

Sheesh.

37 posted on 10/24/2013 6:29:28 AM PDT by Cringing Negativism Network
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

My guess is the perp is Dan Pfeiffer.

38 posted on 10/24/2013 6:30:27 AM PDT by Night Hides Not (The Tea Party was the earthquake, and Chick Fil A the tsunami...100's of aftershocks to come.)

Comment #39 Removed by Moderator

To: Jet Jaguar

If you don’t have qualified insurance by 2014, you pay the taxfine.
It’s the law. If Obama wants to “waive” or “delay”, introduce a bill in Congress.

40 posted on 10/24/2013 6:59:12 AM PDT by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: tatown

Seriously, why would a “Marxis POS” hang around FR?

They can’t defend their ideology without the f-word, and that’s not allowed here.

41 posted on 10/24/2013 7:02:10 AM PDT by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

That is false, and I am sick and tired of your distortions.

I support some aspects of Obamacare, which caused me some trouble in the forum.

The reason however is because I (unlike many posters here) do not have a government controlled pension.

I would have supported (still do by the way) the GOP getting off its sorry butt, and passing some sort of alternate. Thus far however, I see no indication this is in process.

Thus I supported the alternative. Which is Obamacare.

That however ended up drawing a ruling from the head of this posting forum, and I cannot discuss that.

I have not discussed that.

I won’t discuss that.

But that doesn’t mean meanwhile I will just sit here while you insult me.

Go away.

42 posted on 10/24/2013 7:18:21 AM PDT by Cringing Negativism Network
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

To: MrB

Not sure why the Obamacare supporting Marxist POS hangs around here.

43 posted on 10/24/2013 7:44:20 AM PDT by tatown ("So a Hispanic shoots a black and is acquitted by women, but it's still white men's fault.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: Cringing Negativism Network; Sidebar Moderator

You are still actively supporting Marxistcare, even when told NOT to!

Zot!

44 posted on 10/24/2013 7:48:01 AM PDT by tatown ("So a Hispanic shoots a black and is acquitted by women, but it's still white men's fault.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

Well, suck it up Becky-boy,...be a good little lib-toadie and wash your mouth out with soap so your masters won’t have to spank your ass again.

45 posted on 10/24/2013 7:52:37 AM PDT by pallmallman (Q)

Stop talking about it, and stop talking about me about it.

I am not in the habit of lying.

I just have edited my comments about Obamacare.

Stop talking to me. Problem solved.

46 posted on 10/24/2013 7:58:30 AM PDT by Cringing Negativism Network
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

Oh well, if Bob left the planet I would not care.

47 posted on 10/24/2013 8:00:37 AM PDT by bmwcyle (People who do not study history are destine to believe really ignorant statements.)

To: Cringing Negativism Network

I’m sure you would like everyone to forget that you are a fire breathing Obamacare supporter wouldn’t you? The problem is that anyone (you) that supports Marxism (Obamacare) harms me and my children. If you harm me or my children, I will stop at nothing to prevent you from causing more harm. Part of the prevention is making sure that every single freeper understands that you are a card carrying, Obama supporting, Marxist. They can use that info as a lense to view anything you write through.

48 posted on 10/24/2013 8:35:33 AM PDT by tatown ("So a Hispanic shoots a black and is acquitted by women, but it's still white men's fault.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Yet he would still fall to his knees to worship theOne. He is a worthless piece of ......that is an enemy of the US!

49 posted on 10/24/2013 9:31:29 AM PDT by CSM (Keeper of the Dave Ramsey Ping list. FReepmail me if you want your beeber stuned.)

Funny, the Communist-in-Chief never called Beck’s hotline.

50 posted on 10/24/2013 9:56:38 AM PDT by St_Thomas_Aquinas ( Isaiah 22:22, Matthew 16:19, Revelation 3:7)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-58 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson