Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

ISON UPDATE/Large Debris Moving Fast.
www.youtube.com ^ | Dec 4, 2013 | BPEarthWatch

Posted on 12/05/2013 12:02:03 AM PST by Yosemitest

TOPICS: Cheese, Moose, Sister; Conspiracy; UFO's; Weird Stuff
KEYWORDS: belongsinreligion; comet; culticparanoia; ibtz; ison; nuttery; thistimeforsure; thistimewegotit; timetopanic; wereallgonnadie; weredoomedthistime
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 151-200201-250251-300 ... 351-362 next last
To: NoCmpromiz
To affect a dialog both communicants must be conversant in the appropriate language. Tell me, was that English? Or valley girl speak?

So,

like,

since you don't support the Electric Comet theory, you have an alternate explanation for why ISON was picked up in the visible spectrum way out past Jupiter's orbit - right?

Enquiring minds want to know.

201 posted on 12/08/2013 7:53:18 PM PST by Talisker (One who commands, must obey.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 194 | View Replies]

To: Darksheare

Is it possible that the “V’ is a cone, and that the debris was shattered in all directions?
Or is it more likely that the Sun’s magnetic field made the shattering of Ison just a “V” and more in line with the positive and negative of the field lines when and where it shattered?

202 posted on 12/08/2013 10:43:37 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 200 | View Replies]

To: FreedomStar3028
Have you read this?
203 posted on 12/08/2013 11:05:02 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 198 | View Replies]

To: FreedomStar3028
You might want to read this also. Also, read this.
204 posted on 12/08/2013 11:19:49 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 198 | View Replies]

What is your opinion of Wal Thornhill?
205 posted on 12/09/2013 12:45:08 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 200 | View Replies]

To: Yosemitest

No.
Because that is not how comets act.
The one portion of that v is facing away from us.
And the pieces of an object that is tidally disrupted tend to continue down the same orbit.
Shoemaker-levy 9 is an example of that.
It had been orbiting Jupiter and then tidally disrupted.
The pieces had two years to spread out.
The spread into a straight line.
Magnetic field lines wouldn’t do anything to the comet.
The field lines resemble a coil watch spring.
If the comet reacted to that, you’d see a smear resembling a paintbrush stroke following an arc from where it is at back in a huge curve towards the sun.
Instead, what was left of ison prior to fading out behaved like a typical comet.
Dust trail along orbit, tail pointing away from the sun.

206 posted on 12/09/2013 7:12:35 AM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 202 | View Replies]

207 posted on 12/09/2013 5:16:45 PM PST by NoCmpromiz (John 14:6 is a non-pluralistic comment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 206 | View Replies]

Stop the fearmongering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lw-kGs-Olg

208 posted on 12/11/2013 10:35:50 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: messierhunter
At comment number 208, you comment from post #1?
You really should read down thread on an older thread before you comment.
I'll give you time to catch up, before I respond.
209 posted on 12/11/2013 10:41:23 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 208 | View Replies]

I comment in my own time. I just made my video about this subject yesterday. As for Lovejoy, no, ISON did not “slice through Lovejoy’s tail.” You really should stop getting all of your information from kooks, or if you really can’t help yourself, please do it some place other than FR. You’re making us look bad. ISON’s debris cloud was nowhere near Lovejoy in space when the disconnection event happened. Tail disconnection events happen all the time to comets. ISON itself experienced its share before disintegrating.
http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=89572
http://inagist.com/all/400782291791663104/
http://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=89939
https://plus.google.com/103874881715461436613/posts/YXEPfH4QH7W

210 posted on 12/11/2013 11:19:08 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 209 | View Replies]

Here's a photo of a comet with its tail cut off. See the dark dot in the missing tailpart. It must have been eaten by Ison. Here's the proof. There were a lot of missing seconds of video before this was released. What more proof do we need that NASA is lying to us?

If I put it on EweToob and tell everyone that its tail was eaten by Ison, or Niburu, or maybe Spacegodzilla, everyone will believe it because it's posted on the web. Right.. ;-)

211 posted on 12/11/2013 9:48:52 PM PST by NoCmpromiz (John 14:6 is a non-pluralistic comment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 210 | View Replies]

Nov 13, and Nov 18 of 2013 ? Really?
Is that all you've got?
Who's the kook here?
He's talking about AFTER Ison fell apart, and he's documenting that Ison's debris (or the Isonids) has changed course.
And he's not alone in that observation.

From Bruce Gary :
212 posted on 12/11/2013 10:39:07 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)

The Isonoids and Comet Lovejoy were both reported and crossed at ".627 AU" from the Earth, so that's point six two seven Astronomical Units FROM THE EARTH when they crossed paths (reported at 4 minutes and 40 seconds in BPEarthWatch's Dec 10 2013 ( 5:40 ) video ).
213 posted on 12/11/2013 11:02:49 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)

To: Yosemitest; messierhunter

.627 au is roughly 58,283,291.2 miles.
That’s quite a lot of real estate.
And the angle above the ecliptic that is on is following doesn’t descend towards us or intersect our orbit.
Ison is climbing away from the ecliptic relative to our orbit.
This is analogous of an aircraft flying over your car at cruising altitude.
The debris of Ison is composed of dust, small boulders, and rocks.
Nothing “miles and miles wide”.
Tail disconnect event occur to comets due to particle density of incoming solar coronal mass ejections.
The particle density jumps from .2 protons per cubic meter to 10 protons per cubic meter or so, the comet tail gets torn off.
Analogous of cigarette smoke being “torn” from a cigarette by a puff of air.

214 posted on 12/11/2013 11:31:20 PM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 213 | View Replies]

Thank you.

215 posted on 12/11/2013 11:35:00 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 214 | View Replies]

Would seem that a lot of these 'we're all gonna die' folk never got past Euclidean Geometry, eh? (If they progressed that far in their math training...)

Of course, attempting to explain these spatial relationships to a two dimensional thinker is like teaching a pig to sing.

You know, wastes your time and only annoys the pig..

216 posted on 12/11/2013 11:43:19 PM PST by NoCmpromiz (John 14:6 is a non-pluralistic comment.)

How much of a “Course Change” is this for the Isonoids ?

217 posted on 12/11/2013 11:46:16 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)

It would need a rough {off top of head) 50° change in course and there us nothing out there that would induce that.
And the required change in direction is only growing larger.
Eventually it will require a nosedive.
And the energy to do that just isn’t there.

Something to keep in mind as well: just because Ison sped up as it approached the sun doesn’t mean Ison will retain that speed.
The same towards the sun force that sped Ison up still exists, so Is one remains will slow down at the same rate going out.
Most people think of gravity assists and assume that applies to comets.
Not exactly.
A gravity assist maneuverconsists of a slight change in orbit direction.
(A good illustration of such would be the “New Horizon” page showing the entry and exit course past Jupiter. Wikipedia actually, for once, has something informative on that! Lol.. Section “Jupiter gravity assist”, graphic to right.)
An orbit like Is one, or earth’s for that matter, don’t get a permaboost because it isn’t a glancing pass by.

218 posted on 12/11/2013 11:59:49 PM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 217 | View Replies]

rough {off top of head) 50° change in course

Ison orbital inclination is 62.4 degrees. In other words, the orbit would need to be bent some 60 degrees - and 60 degrees in the correct direction - to 'straioghten' it out to the plane of the elliptic so that an intersection with anything orbiting the sun in that plane (which is pretty much all the planets) possible at all. Otherwise it would pass through the plane of the elliptic going 'down' to the sun and pass back through the plane of the elliptic going 'up' away from the sun and the longer it goes 'up' away from the sun, the further away from the plane of the elliptic it gets.

As it gets further from the plane of the elliptic, which it will as it 'climbs' away from the sun, the more radical a course change is required to aim it at Earth or any planet. The one big energy sink that Ison passed was the sun and its input would be + g going 'down' and -g going 'up'. In other words, now that the Is one pebbles are climbing up the gravitational hill away from the sun, energy is being subtracted from the Is one system. There is no additional source of + energy to alter the course.

Unless of course, you really think those Nubirans are going to interfere...

219 posted on 12/12/2013 12:26:13 AM PST by NoCmpromiz (John 14:6 is a non-pluralistic comment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 218 | View Replies]

No, I'm not asking how much of a change the Isonoids would need to impact Earth.
I'm asking how much DID the course change from the NASA forcasted path they predicted after Ison passed Mars, when they updated it, but before it passed the Sun?
Remember 2013.12.06 Gary V said How much did it change?
220 posted on 12/12/2013 12:26:23 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)

CORRECTION:
221 posted on 12/12/2013 12:29:47 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)

None.

222 posted on 12/12/2013 1:11:26 AM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 220 | View Replies]

Once they had observed ison enough, the orbit was solid.
So again, the answer is “none”.
The remains, if any, are still on previous path away from the sun.

223 posted on 12/12/2013 1:16:13 AM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 221 | View Replies]

Then WHY ISN'T ISON's DEBRIS WHERE NASA predicted it to be?
It's currently reported to be about 2 days ahead of their schedule, now, and off course.

And as a side note, read this Read Phaethon confirmed as rock comet by STEREO vision Sep 10, 2013
Also read Asteroid Vs. Comet: What The Heck Is 3200 Phaethon?.
224 posted on 12/12/2013 1:24:53 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 219 | View Replies]

No, I don't believe that,
There's been a documented change of orbit.
225 posted on 12/12/2013 1:25:58 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 222 | View Replies]

IF SO, THEN WHY does NASA slingshot their satellites bound for other planets or into deep space around other planetary bodies,
if not to gain speed and lessen the cost of a direct path to their destination?
226 posted on 12/12/2013 1:34:25 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 219 | View Replies]

No there has not.
Ison is still on the orbit predicted.
There has been no magic change.
And there is no way for its orbit outward to intersect with ours.
It is above the plane of the ecliptic.
Ecliptic being our orbit.
On the swing around the sun, ison followed what was predicted.
The only surprise was the activity of the nucleus ceased.

Look up comet 96p/machholz.
For what bpearthwatch says to be true, comet macholz cannot exist.
Nor should encke or temple Tuttle.

227 posted on 12/12/2013 1:57:55 AM PST by Darksheare (Try my coffee, first one's free..... Even robots will kill for it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 225 | View Replies]

Did I currently say it would intersect us? No.
But I won't feel secure from the outbound debris until after the 1st of January, 2014.
The orbital path has been document as ~ no longer on schedule, or on path, ~ whether you acknowledge it or not.
However I do respect you opinion, and I still have much to learn about comets.

Like I said before, they interest me, and I believe Revelations.
Within the laws of physics, I want to understand the "HOW" .
It's been many years since I was in high school and mathematics was my strong suite, but I haven't reviewed any mathematics for many, many years.
I didn't get to take calculus in high school, because our math teacher got a better job teaching college level, after my junior year.
Oh well, so goes life.

What I don't understand is, what propels comets or any space body into the high speeds that most achieve, but I know that swings around other bodies is part of it, as well as collisions, and stellar explosions.

Don't take offense, just because I disagree (learning in progress).
228 posted on 12/12/2013 2:32:04 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 227 | View Replies]

I don’t care how far they were from earth, they were nowhere near each other, and ISON certainly was not “passing through” the tail of Lovejoy. On December 10th, ISON’s remains were a third of an AU away from Lovejoy, that’s over 30 million miles.

229 posted on 12/12/2013 6:07:09 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 213 | View Replies]

My point in showing you that was to show that there’s nothing unusual about tail disconnection events. ISON’s debris cloud is continuing to follow the original orbit of the comet. I showed that in my video as well. Bruce is talking about the dispersion of the cloud, not the overall course of the thing. The evidence shows that the overall course is still the same and that it is NOT headed towards earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lw-kGs-Olg
Here’s another example:
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2013/c3/20131201/20131201_0054_c3_1024.jpg
Here’s the astrometrically solved version of that image:
http://nova.astrometry.net/user_images/152074#annotated
Here are the ephemeris I generated for ISON months before perihelion:
http://dropcanvas.com/uw06n
Granted those ephemeris are specific to my observing site, not SOHO’s position, but because we’re dealing with a widefield imager here it won’t matter to a huge extent. The main thing is that the debris is still following the same general trajectory. I highlighted the spot where ISON was predicted to be in the astrometrically solved image with a green circle. Again, my ephemeris was generated way back in September, and as you can see, the debris is continuing to follow ISON’s orbit, which means it’s not a threat for “impact.”
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9042/uf89.jpg

230 posted on 12/12/2013 6:12:00 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 212 | View Replies]

And the intersection of the two were reported on Dec 6, 2013, not on Dec 1st, 2013.

231 posted on 12/12/2013 6:21:47 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 229 | View Replies]

I didn’t say anything about December 1st. You mean December 10th? They were even farther apart on December 6th than on the 10th.

232 posted on 12/12/2013 6:37:53 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 231 | View Replies]

My mistake, sorry.
I must have been thinking about the dates from your linked photos.
233 posted on 12/12/2013 8:14:34 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 232 | View Replies]

From my comment #213: Look at this video of Comet LoveJoy's Orbit. At 0:02 or 2 seconds into the 11 second video, the path of Comet Lovejoy is very close (in this video compared to the Comet Ison Interactive Model) to the orbital pat of Comet Ison's debris.
Now I wish I had a better model to reference right now, but I don't.
And I don't have the money to purchase SkySafari Pro right now, but so far that's the best I can find.
234 posted on 12/13/2013 3:19:05 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 232 | View Replies]

ADDITION:
235 posted on 12/13/2013 3:22:53 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 234 | View Replies]

Your link doesn’t work. ISON was nowhere near Lovejoy during the tail disconnection event. I do have skysafaripro and it was millions of kilometers away, almost half the distance to the sun on December 6th. Starry Night also shows the same thing.

236 posted on 12/13/2013 8:07:58 AM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 234 | View Replies]

Don’t argue with them. Just carry an umbrella.

237 posted on 12/13/2013 8:12:32 AM PST by Larry Lucido
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Yosemitest; Darksheare
But I won't feel secure from the outbound debris until after the 1st of January, 2014.

It's the Y2KXIV threat!

238 posted on 12/13/2013 8:15:42 AM PST by Larry Lucido
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 228 | View Replies]

239 posted on 12/13/2013 8:20:06 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 236 | View Replies]

To: Larry Lucido

The outbound threat should be over by the 31st of December 2013, but the inbound threat won’t end until mid or late January 2014.

240 posted on 12/13/2013 8:21:58 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 238 | View Replies]

You don’t see how ISON never passed through Lovejoy’s tail in that animation?

241 posted on 12/13/2013 12:29:01 PM PST by messierhunter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 239 | View Replies]

I can;t find a good enough model to convince me of it.
Between the two models, Ison's debris is outbound and climbing above Venus toward Earth,
while the other model shows LoveJoy below Earth and Mars climbing inward towards the Sun and above.
I can;t tell how close that they come between the two separate models, but they're within the same area between Earth and Venus and above our orbital plane.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's plausible, based on the length of LoveJoy's tail.
242 posted on 12/13/2013 12:41:34 PM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 241 | View Replies]

You don’t see how ISON never passed through Lovejoy’s tail in that animation?

Some people even have trouble visualizing in two dimensions... and anything non-Euclidian is a couple AU over their heads...

243 posted on 12/13/2013 1:04:29 PM PST by NoCmpromiz (John 14:6 is a non-pluralistic comment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 241 | View Replies]

To: Yosemitest; All

With apologies to Monty Python.

ISON is not pining for the Oort cloud! ISON has passed on! This comet is no more! He has ceased to be! ISON is expired and gone to meet his maker! He’s a whiff of dust, a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn’t nailed him to the perch (or kept posting stupid YouTube videos) he’d be pushing up the daisies! His comet processes are now history! He’s off the twig! He’s kicked the bucket. He’s shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-COMET!!

244 posted on 12/14/2013 4:05:33 AM PST by MD Expat in PA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 242 | View Replies]

To: MD Expat in PA
Not so fast, there's a lot of Debris out there.

245 posted on 12/14/2013 4:13:44 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 244 | View Replies]

Below is a photo of a 7 gram object (shown in centre) shot at 7 km/s (the orbital velocity of the station) made this 15 cm crater in a solid block of aluminium. Radar-trackable objects including debris, note distinct ring of GEO satellites.
246 posted on 12/14/2013 4:19:39 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 244 | View Replies]

To: Admin Moderator

You pulled another thread ( http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/3101698/posts?page=1 ) because you don’t believe the footage from a government satellite?

247 posted on 12/14/2013 4:23:00 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 245 | View Replies]

First of all solar flares having nothing whatsoever to do with ISON and they happen all the time. The Sun is very, very large and in comparison, ISON was a mere speck. To say that ISON caused any solar flares would be analogous to saying, “I took a piss in the ocean one day off the Santa Monica Pier and the very next day there was an earth quake and tsunami in Japan.”

ISON was already breaking up and disintegrating well before it reached perihelion and it was estimated to only be about a half mile in diameter at most, a rather small comet. To say as your “YouTube” source claims that there are mile wide chunks about to hit the Earth is ridiculous. You simply don’t and can’t get mile wide or bigger chunks from a comet that was less than a half mile wide in diameter to begin with.

And look at this, the Earth is simply not going to intersect with any outbound ISON comet debris:

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/files/2013/12/ISON-A-Earth-post-perihelion.jpg

http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2013/12/10/comet-ison-update-dec-10-meteor-shower-in-the-offing/

“I’ve been asked whether Earth will get dusted by ISON’s dusty cloud of debris as it passes our planet on the outbound leg of its journey. The answer is almost certainly “no”. There are several reasons why. First, the debris passes far above the Earth’s orbit even at its closest approach on Dec. 26, when what’s left of the comet will be nearly directly above our planet and 40 million miles away. That’s farther than Venus and even farther than Mars during its closest approaches. I’ve read catastrophic talk ISON raining hell fire on Earth. Not gonna happen. Not even meteor fire – at least from the breakup.

Second, while the debris cloud will certainly expand and enlarge, the comet leftovers will continue to travel along the same general path as ISON. They won’t suddenly veer off and make a beeline for Earth. They carry much of the original momentum and direction as the comet that created them.

And

Meteor researcher Paul Wiegert of the University of Western Ontario has been using a computer to model the trajectory of dust ejected by Comet ISON and predicts that starting about January 12 and continuing for several evenings, we stand a chance of a meteor shower from material released well before perihelion.

The dust particles will strike Earth’s atmosphere at around 125,000 mph (56 km/sec), but because they’ll be so tiny, it’s unlikely we’ll actually see anything.

To say that these dust particles from ISON pose any danger to Earth or will even be observable is ridiculous. We might at the very best observe a few brief streaks of light in the sky as some of the larger particles (yet very tiny specs) when they hit the high atmosphere and quickly burn up but they are not likely to be anything compared to other meteor showers like the Geminids or any of the other yearly meteor showers. FYI, the fire ball seen over Arizona had nothing whatsoever to do with ISON but was most likely part of the Geminid meteor shower which are known for occasionally producing harmless but yet very bright “fire balls”.

The International Space Station and other Earth orbiting objects like satellites are more in danger from space debris of the man made kind than they are from specks of specks of dust left over from ISON.

And your source for these YouTube videos you keep posting here, Jessie Waltman; he is a complete nut job with no understanding or background in astronomy and as someone on another one of your ISON threads correctly called it: “Disaster Porn”

There seems to me to be a subset of “End Times” and prophesy and conspiracy theorists nuts who keep claiming that the “End Of The World Is Nigh.” They keep predicting mass destruction and horrific mass deaths either from comets or asteroids, rogue planets that do not exist, or earth quakes or volcanoes, or a combination of every natural disaster possible or just God’s plain wrath, and when it doesn’t happen as predicted, they just move on to the next one. And this is not just limited to the religious conspiracy nuts; the Gia worshiping environmental AGW (anthropogenic global warming) nuts seem to also revel in the idea of eventual demise of mankind.

Remember when Harold Camping famously or more precisely “infamously” predicted that the end of the world and the rapture would occur on May 21, 2011 but when that didn’t happen he just moved the date to October 21, 2011 and when that didn’t happen he pretty much retired and disappeared from public view? Unfortunately a few of his true believers sold everything they owned in order to buy billboards and quit their jobs in order to stand on street corners proclaiming the end of the world. Well “Stupid is as stupid does” and I have a hard time feeling sorry for such gullible and uneducated fools.

“Disaster Porn” is a very good name for this sort of thing. There are some people who actually seem to wish for and actually look forward and get their jollies off from imaging mass horrific and painful deaths of millions of people and the mass destruction of the Earth during their life time because they think they will somehow be immune or “saved” from it and will somehow feel fulfilled and justified in seeing the horrific deaths of others who don’t believe exactly as they do. And when it doesn’t happen, rather than being relieved, they seem rather disappointed and then they just move on to the next weird and scientifically unsound “disaster porn” theory.

“You pulled another thread…. because you don’t believe the footage from a government satellite?

No. That thread was pulled because it was “Idiocy” and rightly so.

248 posted on 12/14/2013 6:57:28 AM PST by MD Expat in PA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 247 | View Replies]

There is so much wrong with your assumptions that I don;t know where to begin.
This nails it.
The footage is real, and it's there, and right up front, too.
Do you think that 2013/12/12 06:36 photo in that video is not real?
And where do come up with the That was proven false on Nov 22, 2013 and linked to in comment #12.
But the admin moderator (probably you) refused to allow verifiable proof on Free Republic that the disintegrated pieces from Ison's inbound path are huge.

You have no proof of that!
I'd say that BPEarthWatch's videos go a lot further proving that the do, than you opinionated statement.

That's your opinion (and thanks for the nice graphic), but that remains yet to be proven, and we're not safe about that until AFTER the 1st of January 2014.
Again, the "shotgun blast" theory of Ison's debris, especially since we now know that disintegration was going on well before Ison crossed Mars inbound, would allow time for a very wide cone of debris on its outbound path, as well as the inbound path.

Who is Jessie Waltman?
Another opinionated statement.
Who's talking about "dust particles" ?
I'm talking about large pieces of Ison's debris.

You need to wake up!
249 posted on 12/14/2013 9:04:03 AM PST by Yosemitest (It's Simple ! Fight, ... or Die !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 248 | View Replies]

There is so much wrong with your assumptions that I don;t know where to begin.

You might begin by reading some good books for beginners on basic astronomy and astrophysics and comets. Next try some books on introductory physics. That would be time much better spent than watching BPEarthwatch YouTube videos.

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=sAOUMQd5Pr0C&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=Jccx1g5ulfsC&source=productsearch&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=PLA&pcampaignid=MKTAD0930BO1

http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Comets-Scientific-Astronomy-Astrophysics/dp/9810226322

“The footage is real” but the interpretation of it by Jessie Waltman of BPEarthwatch and the wild assumptions he makes are wildly incorrect and laughable to anyone with even a basic understanding of astronomy and comets.

But the admin moderator (probably you) refused to allow verifiable proof on Free Republic that the disintegrated pieces from Ison's inbound path are huge.

LOL! Me? An admin moderator? LOL! No. I am not one, have never been one, don’t want to be one. But if I was, if it was within my power to do so, I’d not only pull your threads, I’d also ZOT your account for sheer stupidity and for making the rest of us conservatives look stupid and uneducated if not even mentally ill.

And where do come up with the"... and it was estimated to only be about a half mile in diameter at most, a rather small comet. "

ISON, about half a mile wide, was tiny and probably smaller than originally estimated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2521928/RIP-Comet-ISON-Scientists-finally-declare-comet-century-dead.html

And again for you edification, the solar flares on the YouTube videos you keep posting has nothing to do with ISON. Can you even comprehend how large and powerful the Sun is compared to a half or even a 3 mile wide comet? As I stated in my previous post, it is analogous to taking a piss in the Pacific Ocean in California and then trying to link that to a tsunami in Japan on the other side of the world weeks or months later.

"...the Earth is simply not going to intersect with any outbound ISON comet debris ..." That's your opinion (and thanks for the nice graphic), but that remains yet to be proven, and we're not safe about that until AFTER the 1st of January 2014.

Again, the "shotgun blast" theory of Ison's debris, especially since we now know that disintegration was going on well before Ison crossed Mars inbound, would allow time for a very wide cone of debris on its outbound path, as well as the inbound path.

The graphic I posted is accurate, factual and scientific (did you even read the link?) but because it doesn’t fit into your “disaster porn” obsession, you are dismissing it. The Earth will intersect with the inbound path of ISON in January but what we will pass through is so minuscule (dust) it will probably go completely unnoticed compared to yearly meteor showers from the cosmic debris from much, much larger long lived comets. And keep in mind that even in during the most “spectacular” yearly meteor showers like the Geminids or Leonids, most of what we see as “shooting stars” are no bigger than grains of rice. And what we see as “fire balls” are not much larger, baseball or basket ball size and they burn up, albeit brightly high up in the earth’s atmosphere never coming anywhere near an Earth impact. And while we do have meteorites that occasionally hit the Earth, these meteorites are not from comet debris but from asteroids.

http://geology.com/articles/meteor-shower.shtml

http://www.armaghplanet.com/html/meteorites.html

We are simply not going to intersect with the outbound path of ISON as the graphic clearly shows and even if we did, what is left from ISON (RIP) is so small, smaller than grains of sand, that we would not likely to even see or notice them.

There is simply no, as you put it “shotgun blast” theory or large chunks of ISON or any comet debris from ISON that pose any danger for Earth except for in the twisted minds of “disaster porn” obsessionists like you and Jessie Waltman.

BPEarthwatch / Jessie Waltman has been completely wrong in all his previous ISON predictions; didn’t he predict at one point that ISON would crash into the Earth on its way to the Sun?

I think that you and Jessie Waltman must be quite disappointed that there wasn’t some sort of apocalyptic catastrophic event associated with ISON because it didn’t fit into your “End Times” beliefs and you didn’t get to witness the mass horrific deaths of your fellow human beings and the mass destruction of the planet we call home, but yet you and Jessie seem to keep hoping for it to happen. But cheer up, it will happen eventually when our Sun goes Nova but you and I and our ancestors will be far long gone before that happens. We might one day get hit by another large extinction level asteroid, but keep in mind that this has happened before in Earth’s history and life went on.

250 posted on 12/14/2013 2:47:40 PM PST by MD Expat in PA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 249 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 151-200201-250251-300 ... 351-362 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson