Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) makes controversial comments about homosexuality
FOXNEWS ^ | Dec. 18, 2013

Posted on 12/18/2013 5:56:33 AM PST by PROCON

A&E star Phil Robertson made several controversial comments in the latest issue of GQ, on newsstands Dec. 24.

When speaking to GQ, the “Duck Dynasty” dad spoke openly about his thoughts on homosexuality and various religious groups.

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; TV/Movies
KEYWORDS: duckdynasty; fauxnews; foxnewsbias; hissyfit; homosexualagenda; lavendermafia; metrosexuals; philrobertson; pinkjournalism; thoughtcrime
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-135 next last
Controversial? More like the Truth; that's why this family is so popular.

1 posted on 12/18/2013 5:56:33 AM PST by PROCON
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: PROCON

The more I read about these guys, the more there is to like.

2 posted on 12/18/2013 5:58:06 AM PST by Old Sarge (And Good Evening, Agent Smith, wherever you are...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I would say 90% of men agree!!

3 posted on 12/18/2013 5:58:42 AM PST by wyowolf

Controversial?

4 posted on 12/18/2013 6:01:35 AM PST by eCSMaster ("It is not the color of his skin, ... it is the blackness that fills his soul")

After reading GLAAD’s comments about Mr Robertson, I’d tell GLAAD that Mr Robertson probably doesn’t care one way or another what your opinion of him is.....

5 posted on 12/18/2013 6:03:07 AM PST by Boonie

So, the Robertsons agree with the Dalai Lama when he said of male homosexuality, “that’s not what that hole is for”..

6 posted on 12/18/2013 6:03:24 AM PST by sockmonkey (Of Course I didn't read the article. After all, this is FreeRepublic..)

Uh oh! Phil gonna be in trouble with the homophobe cops. Like he gives a crap. I don’t think he’d shed a tear if the cancelled the show tomorrow. But they won’t. Too much money to be made by making fun of those redneck boys. Which is what they are really doing. To bad there’s so many libs and hipsters that don’t understand the real world. Kinda like the “swells” that inhabit “the capital” in PanEm.

7 posted on 12/18/2013 6:03:27 AM PST by rktman (Under my plan(scheme), the price of EVERYTHING will necessarily skyrocket! Period.)

I like how his (and my) point of view on the subject is “controversial”.

The opposing view is “normal”.

I love how these libs are so “open-minded”, “fair”, and embrace “diversity”...

No. Phil, who, despite his slightly exaggerated facade, is as normal as MOST other Americans have been.

This is “bullying” by the press. They cry about “bullying” but are the only ones doing it. And non-stop.

8 posted on 12/18/2013 6:03:32 AM PST by joethedrummer

Only a matter of time before the show is canceled.

9 posted on 12/18/2013 6:03:55 AM PST by stuck_in_new_orleans

..happy happy happy

10 posted on 12/18/2013 6:04:20 AM PST by Doogle (USAF.68-73..8th TFW Ubon Thailand..never store a threat you should have eliminated))

To: wyowolf

more like 98.8%

The left has been trying to “jam” the 10% lie on us for a long time.

11 posted on 12/18/2013 6:05:00 AM PST by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

More like 99

12 posted on 12/18/2013 6:05:06 AM PST by riverrunner

To: riverrunner

point 9

13 posted on 12/18/2013 6:06:46 AM PST by wordsofearnest (Proper aim of giving is to put the recipient in a state where he no longer needs it. C.S. Lewis)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Controversial my ass.

14 posted on 12/18/2013 6:07:06 AM PST by cripplecreek (REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)

“Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God.'

Instead the run for Congress and go to Washington.

15 posted on 12/18/2013 6:07:18 AM PST by DoodleDawg

surprised he didn’t quote chapter and verse.

Saying the word “sin” to libs is like tossing holy water on a demon, it burns!

Go Phil go!

16 posted on 12/18/2013 6:07:32 AM PST by Farnsworth (Now playing in America: "Stupid is the new normal")

Who says it’s controversial?

17 posted on 12/18/2013 6:07:33 AM PST by Altura Ct.

I applaud Phil for not being politically correct but I can see Willie trying to walk back his comments so as not to offend anyone. He seems like a social climber to me.
18 posted on 12/18/2013 6:09:22 AM PST by McGruff (How's that Hopey Changey thingy workin out for ya?)

To: Farnsworth

The word “sin” is a direct denial of their religion wherein they get to define what is good and evil, right and wrong.
“Sin” implies an objective, unappealable standard. And, yes, it’s like throwing holy water on them.

19 posted on 12/18/2013 6:09:37 AM PST by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Closer to 98 percent ... Even if you support queers, if you’re straight, you’ve made your choice.

20 posted on 12/18/2013 6:10:17 AM PST by IronJack

It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus.

My guess Jay Carney would hold the official White House position is in opposition to this statement.

21 posted on 12/18/2013 6:10:27 AM PST by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)

To: eCSMaster

Exactly. What in the world is “controversial” about that? And that from Fox!

22 posted on 12/18/2013 6:13:04 AM PST by ProtectOurFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Old Sarge

Thank you Mr. Robertson.

23 posted on 12/18/2013 6:13:18 AM PST by Rannug
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: eCSMaster

YES - The word of God is an outdated stereotype and controversial. I believe we will not see them again when we leave this place.

24 posted on 12/18/2013 6:13:20 AM PST by nomobs
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I don’t get it. What’s controversial?

25 posted on 12/18/2013 6:14:53 AM PST by Obadiah (I Like Ted.)

To paraphrase Rick Warren, Phil Robertson obviously fears God's disapproval more than man's.

God bless the whole Robertson family.

26 posted on 12/18/2013 6:15:04 AM PST by Texas Eagle (If it wasn't for double-standards, Liberals would have no standards at all -- Texas Eagle)

I would definately watch this show..if I had a tv.

27 posted on 12/18/2013 6:15:48 AM PST by ArtDodger

To: cripplecreek

>>Controversial my ass.<<

I think that is the controversy (lol)!!

28 posted on 12/18/2013 6:17:00 AM PST by freedumb2003 (Fight Tapinophobia in all its forms! Do not submit to arduus privilege.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: ArtDodger
I would definately watch this show..if I had a tv.

You need to apply for a FREE 0bamaTV :-)

29 posted on 12/18/2013 6:17:06 AM PST by PROCON (Those who are capable of Tyranny are capable of Deceit to sustain it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

Phil knows a little about the wages of sin. You can turn your life around and head in the right direction.

http://www.iamsecond.com/

30 posted on 12/18/2013 6:17:45 AM PST by petitfour

I think it is available online (but I am not sure)

31 posted on 12/18/2013 6:18:25 AM PST by freedumb2003 (Fight Tapinophobia in all its forms! Do not submit to arduus privilege.)

“But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Anyone who says homosexuality is normal sexual behavior is
a liar. Homosexuality is gods way of saying,
“Do not reproduce, you have nothing to contribute to the
human gene pool.”

32 posted on 12/18/2013 6:18:34 AM PST by Slambat

To: All

You guys have never been to Atlanta!! or a couple other cities in the south!! Coming from Wyoming, it was defiantly an eye opening experience..and not in a good way.

33 posted on 12/18/2013 6:20:33 AM PST by wyowolf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: stuck_in_new_orleans

Na, the show will continue until Si dies.

34 posted on 12/18/2013 6:21:41 AM PST by TexasFreeper2009 (Obama lied .. the economy died.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Netflix on your computer will remedy that. This show is worth watching for the prayer at the end, alone! (Not to mention the hunting)

35 posted on 12/18/2013 6:22:34 AM PST by CAluvdubya (Molon Labe)

To: Slambat

It’s Romans 1 wrath - giving them over to their depraved minds.

36 posted on 12/18/2013 6:24:00 AM PST by MrB (The difference between a Humanist and a Satanist - the latter admits whom he's working for)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus.

I frankly have a hard time thinking of any statement I've ever agreed with more.

37 posted on 12/18/2013 6:24:35 AM PST by Buckeye McFrog

To: MrB

It also means a judgement will be made AND only liberals have the moral and intellectual authority to say what a sin is.

38 posted on 12/18/2013 6:25:42 AM PST by Farnsworth (Now playing in America: "Stupid is the new normal")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Too damn bad. Free country get over it leftists.

39 posted on 12/18/2013 6:25:50 AM PST by Williams (No Obama)

if I had a tv.

You don't need a tv.

Watch Duck Dynasty Full Episodes & Videos Online - A&E

Watch Duck Dynasty online for free.

40 posted on 12/18/2013 6:26:07 AM PST by deport

“You need to apply for a FREE 0bamaTV :-) “
I am still waiting for my $2,500 insurance cost drop...

41 posted on 12/18/2013 6:26:12 AM PST by ArtDodger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

I wondered when one of the Robertsons would be asked about homosexuality. I wouldn’t be surprised if this spelled the beginning of the end for their celebrity. It’s thought crime to do anything but celebrate homosexuality; mere tolerance is not sufficient anymore.

42 posted on 12/18/2013 6:26:43 AM PST by opus86

Controversial?! Not to real men. Homos are an abomination. Everytime I see a flamer with the googley gay eye and that perverted and twisted look on their face that only gay men do out in public it disgusts me. Not only do they act feminine; they take it way over the top. I suspect its to get noticed for attention. The Robertsons are right. It just ain’t right.

43 posted on 12/18/2013 6:26:52 AM PST by jsanders2001

That’s NOT controversial!

44 posted on 12/18/2013 6:27:17 AM PST by Viennacon

Only a matter of time before the show is canceled.

You bet!

The writers at SNL are chomping at the bit for a "I can see Russia from my front yard" style statement to begin the marginalization process.

Only a matter of time.

45 posted on 12/18/2013 6:27:27 AM PST by cicero2k

To: joethedrummer

“Tolerance” is one of those variable terms, that like “democracy” or “freedom” or “equality”, is defined differently depending on whom may be speaking. By artful application of each of these terms to support a totally opposite meaning from the original, the various syllogisms employed may arrive at a “Minority Majority”.

Orwellian Newspeak in action.

“How a minority, upon gaining the majority, hates a minority”.

46 posted on 12/18/2013 6:27:34 AM PST by alloysteel (Those who deny natural climate change are forever doomed to stupidity. AGW is a LIE.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

We’re losing the battle if his views, which i consider pretty normal, are considered “controversial”.

47 posted on 12/18/2013 6:28:00 AM PST by Travis T. OJustice (I miss you, dad. :()

To: opus86

actually Phil makes indirect off the cuff comments about sexual orientation all the time on the show.

48 posted on 12/18/2013 6:28:39 AM PST by TexasFreeper2009 (Obama lied .. the economy died.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: jsanders2001

Yep it’s weird and doesn’t make any sense.

If you liked men... wouldn’t you want to act more manly? they say they are attracted to other men, but then do everything possible to become like women to each other.

It would make much more sense for them to just go find a manly looking woman to could commit sodomy with.

49 posted on 12/18/2013 6:31:28 AM PST by TexasFreeper2009 (Obama lied .. the economy died.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

Al shows are eventually cancelled. I Love Lucy was cancelled after 8 seaons in 1957 and its one of the most watched shows ever in the history of television even to this very day.

50 posted on 12/18/2013 6:32:20 AM PST by jsanders2001

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-135 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson