Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

DUBOB 11- more tales from the Dark UnderBelly Of the Beast...
various links and websites | 01-31-03 | The Heavy Equipment Guy

Posted on 01/31/2003 5:07:21 PM PST by backhoe

At the request of members, I am restarting those "Tales from the Dark UnderBelly Of the Beast"-- the stories and issues that the press and media either ignore, won't even talk about, or will mention once and forevermore claim "it's old news..."

Naturally, some will be stories which interest me, or things I think we all need to be aware of.

I am experimenting with a minor change in presentation- when I can, I will cut to

-GoogleNewsBeta--

with a keyword or two and see what kind of links to "mainstream" stories I can find in contrast to what we see here and on other sites.

May I remind you of a couple of points to bear in mind?
Each link usually has many other links within- follow them all to get "the rest of the story."
Don't forget the "open multiple browsers" trick with control-n -- this allows you to hold your place with one, and use the others to follow links, run searches, etc.

Rather than go back and rehash old links, I'll give you links to the original posts here:

-DUBOB 10- the *best of* the Dark Underbelly Series--

-DUBOB 9-- even *more* tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast..... --

DUBOB 8-- still *more* tales from the Underbelly***

DUBOB 7-- even *more* tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast.....

DUBOB 6-- yet *more* tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast.....

DUBOB 5-- even *more* tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast.....

DUBOB IV- yet more Tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast-

DUBOB III -- "Tales from the Dark Underbelly of the Beast"

DUBOB 2-- more tales from The Dark Underbelly of the Beast-- thread II

-The Dark Underbelly of the Beast- Stories the Media won't Discuss...--

TOPICS:
KEYWORDS: dubob; lamestreammedia; oldmedia; thetruth
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 12,351-12,40012,401-12,45012,451-12,50012,501 next last
To: All
Say it Loud
Say it Proud:
Oblamer is tanking:
CRATERING ON everything the public cares about.

SO MUCH FOR THAT PROMISE ABOUT KEEPING YOUR OWN HEALTH CARE: ObamaCare will kill 51% of companies’ health plans. “Internal White House documents reveal that 51% of employers may have to relinquish their current health care coverage by 2013 due to ObamaCare. That numbers soars to 66% for small-business employers.”  All of Oblamer's promises have expiration dates.
No exceptions. Ever.

What A Difference A Year Makes. Yeah, the magic’s gone away.

BUT OF COURSE: POLITICO: Environmentalists give Barack Obama a pass on oil spill. Environmentalists, like feminists, are just another arm of the Democratic establishment: “running dogs” to be loosed or reined in as politics require. It is thus unnecessary to pay attention to what they say, since it’s just politics anyway.

In the "what a shameless whore" Dept?

Obama to Tea Partiers: See! The Gulf Disaster is What Smaller Government Will Get You

June 12, 2010 11:29 AM by Doug Powers

When you’re stuck in quicksand — or even a vat of thick oil for that matter — the first pointer in the survival manual is not to flail. President Obama hasn’t read that manual:

The president also implied that anti-big government types such as tea party activists were being hypocritical on the issue.

“Some of the same folks who have been hollering and saying ‘do something’ are the same folks who, just two or three months ago, were suggesting that government needs to stop doing so much,” Obama said. “Some of the same people who are saying the president needs to show leadership and solve this problem are some of the same folks who, just a few months ago, were saying this guy is trying to engineer a takeover of our society through the federal government that is going to restrict our freedoms.”

Is the president saying that he didn’t react quickly because he was trying to placate Tea Party activists, thus blaming them for the slow response? Obama almost makes it sound like he let the Gulf die to make a point against those who are for smaller, more responsible government, doesn’t he?

Besides, the whole argument is bogus, desperate, and perhaps eventually counterproductive for Obama.

Dan Riehl:

Patently false. If the Tea Party mentality held sway, we’d be drilling in ANWR and closer to the shore in shallower water, so this disaster would never have happened. He’s opening the door for even more attacks over how government overreach creates problem like this.

On top of that, it was Obama who was talking about more drilling just before the rig explosion. Is he now saying that was a bad idea, he simply pushed for pure politics? Americans are smart enough to know there’s a big difference between how the government reacts in a major disaster, or a war, versus how it encroaches into their lives more and more on any given day.

‘Nuff said.52 Comments

"Fearless Leader wouldn’t be in such a pickle were it not for everyone else. If we could just get out of his way, he could proceed to his quest of being America’s first God-President. But alas..."

Great. The Ken Salazar’s order for a moratorium on gulf drilling was based on a recommendation from the National Academy of Engineering. Problem is that the 7 members of that panel recommended AGAINST shutting down drilling.

What makes these boobs believe that they can get away with such a lie?  Salazar’s lie is a felony.  Law – what fascist ever bothered with the law?

MARK STEYN on shaped news vs. the real world.  "The politico-media class in the Netherlands as elsewhere has ruled that discussion of the Islamization of Europe is not part of respectable people's conversation and so they talk about mortgages - and prosecute those who, like Wilders, decline to submit to such shriveled bounds of public discourse."

But Glenn Beck Is The Crazy One

After Glenn Beck’s recommendation, the demand for [The Road to Serfdom] has exceeded our current inventory. A large reprint is due early next week and the availability dates on the retail web sites will change. This is an unusual circumstance for the Press but The Road to Serfdom is a perennial best seller for us so there is no danger of this book being out of stock for long. The book is selling very strongly on Amazon’s Kindle e-book site where it will never go out of stock. It’s safe to say, though, that we have sold roughly a half-a-year’s worth of copies in the last two days.

Via

Posted by Kate at 12:29 AM| Comments (22)

The fruits of illegal immigration in California

by savage ( 73 Comments › )
Filed under Multiculturalism, illegals at June 12th, 2010 - 10:30 am

This is from an email floating around lately. I live in California and I can attest to the fact it’s true. In fact, I used to work in South Gate.

From a California school teacher – - -

“As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of.

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free breakfast, I’m not talking a glass of milk and a roll — but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten.

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids.

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America …

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students, here in the country less than 3 months, who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them “Putas” (whores) and throwing things, that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, free day care etc., etc, etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases. For me, I’ll pay more for tomatoes.

Americans, We need to wake up.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: It involves an American third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about “political correctness” that we don’t have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn’t that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn’t want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don’t want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don’t want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase “cheap labor” is a myth, a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as “cheap labor.”

Take, for example, an illegal with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an “earned income credit” of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are, or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. If qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicaid. All of this is at (our) taxpayer’s expense.

He doesn’t worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills and his.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS OF EITHER PARTY. AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON’T DO AS THEY SAY (or what we ask?), WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM .

THIS is why I support Arizona’s SB1070, cause of bullshit like this.

hat tip to Arch at GCP

73 Comments »

Greene Victory Raises Red Flags; E-Votes Look Sketchy?

—Ace

It seemed pretty obvious to everyone in 2000 who bothered to think about it that electronic voting machines would be less, not more, reliable than traditional paper-ballot machines.

But of course we all had to "do something," because Gore lost, and we know that can't be right.

So we did what we always do: We spent a lot of money to make things worse.

Quoting Politico:

In Lancaster County, Rawl won absentee ballots over Greene by a staggering 84 percent to 16 percent margin; but Greene easily led among Election Day voters by 17 percentage points.

In Spartanburg County, Ludwig said there are 25 precincts in which Greene received more votes than were actually cast and 50 other precincts where votes appeared to be missing from the final count.

"In only two of 88 precincts, do the number of votes Greene got plus the number we got equal the total cast," Ludwig said.

Thanks to MacRadDoc, who affirms it's true that SC uses electronic voting machines.

Posted by Ace at 04:45 PM New Comments Thingy

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, June 12, 2010, 11:05 PM

The Federal Aviation Administration banned flights over the GULF OF MEXICO OIL SPILL AND AFFECTED COASTLINE this week.

After all, all of those flights might lead to nasty photos and more bad press for President Whiner.

Director Blue has an update.

Obama’s average approval rating dropped to 47% this week.

================================================

BlogWarZ!

Ace is back Chaz fired his first shot of the day across Ace's bow.  I scrolled through the comments up to about 1:15 PM Central time, and found that Nekama was posting (!!!)
Looking for Nekamas troll hammer over at Urban Dictionary....found this.

http://www.tbs.com/shows/neighborsfromhell/

Read all about it here: Posted by Ace at 04:27 PM New Comments Thingy

12,451 posted on 06/13/2010 12:35:54 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

If ignorance is bliss, this is one happy White House

Leaderless leadership

Much like his

Recoveryless Recovery...

I sure “Hope” you like all that “change” you voted for, Ø-Merica...

OBAMA WORKING HARD TO SOFTEN SANCTION BLOW TO IRAN

Administration: 51% Of Companies’ Health Plans Won’t Pass Muster

Internal White House documents reveal that 51% of employers may have to relinquish their current health care coverage by 2013 due to ObamaCare. That numbers soars to 66% for small-business employers.

The documents — product of a joint project of the Labor Department, the Health and Human Services Department and the IRS — examine the effects new regulations would have on existing, or “grandfathered,” employer-based health care plans.

Draft copies of the documents were reportedly leaked to House Republicans earlier in the week. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., posted them on his Web site Friday afternoon. (View the full report here.)

According to the report, by 2013 51% of all employers — 66% of small employers (3-99 employees) and 45% of large employers — would have to relinquish current coverage. In a worst-case scenario, 69% of firms would lose their grandfathered status.

This could pose a serious threat to President Obama’s claim that if you like your coverage, you’d get to keep it.

Check out IBD's full story (here) at investors.com and in Monday’s print edition.

Read more at blogs.investors.com ...

A History Of Obama’s Violent Rhetoric

0bama the "Uniter" ...

Obama To Supporters: "Argue With Friend and Neighbors Get In Their Face!" video

Obama Mocks Fox, "Teabaggers" video

Obama Mocks Republican 'Armageddon' Rhetoric (Again) video

Obama: Police Acted 'stupidly' in Scholar Arrest video

Obama On GOP Running On Repeal: 'Go For It' video

NRA: Barack Obama - "bitter gun owners" video

President Obama, No One in Arizona is Laughing video

Obama, during his private pep talk to Democrats, ... asked, “Does anybody think that the teabag, anti-government people are going to support them if they bring down health care? All it will do is confuse and dispirit” Democratic voters “and it will encourage the extremists.” - Nov. 7, 2009

A President who mocks and taunts Americans, who incites his followers to be confrontational, is troublesome.

Obama's anti-social tendencies were apparent before he became president.

I'm Barack Obama and I approve these anti-social behaviors

You Brits are gonna pay [Obama and the BP Oil Spill]

Harry Reid's Real Estate Investing Plan (Reid's Unethical, Corrupt Land Deals Flashback)

Dozens of Teenage Girls Have Had Three Abortions or More [More Than 1000 on Fifth Termination!]

Isn't "progress" wonderful? What do they tell the kids they did not abort? "You had a few other brothers & sisters, but... "

Academia-Gate: Peter Dreier, ACORN, Revisionism, ‘Cry Wolf,’and Academic Whores

PayPal.com Targets Conservative Blog as 'Hate' Site

Breakfast with Nancy: One Hour. Five Grand.

Chaos, Anarchy To Reign If Paterson Shuts Down NY (Monday Could Be Doomsday...)

I have a wild idea- rein in government...

Obama is merely an inhabitant of the United States.

Obama to Tea Partiers: See! The Gulf Disaster is What Smaller Government Will Get You

Alabama beaches filled with waves of oil

Mayor Accused of Racism After Tossing Bottlecap Near Black City Councilman (video)

For Neda

Around the same time Neda was dying for freedom, here is what Hussein was doing...

=============================================================================

12,452 posted on 06/13/2010 1:57:38 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

MAUREEN DOWD ON OBAMA AND THE PRESS: “The former constitutional lawyer now in the White House understands that the press has a role in the democracy. But he is an elitist, too, as well as thin-skinned and controlling. . . . Like many Democrats, he thinks the press is supposed to be on his side.” Well, to be fair, you can see where he’d get that idea. But Dowd adds, “It hurts Obama to be a crybaby about it, and to blame the press and the ‘old Washington game’ for his own communication failures.” Ouch. The problem is, they’re not just communication failures. They’re personality failures.

DAVID WARREN: “We learned a simple thing this week: that the BP clean-up effort in the Gulf of Mexico is hampered by the Jones Act. This is a piece of 1920s protectionist legislation, that requires all vessels working in U.S. waters to be American-built, and American-crewed.

Obama’s True Gulf Goof.

THE PRESS AND OBAMA: Where’s That Lovin’ Feeling? “In just a year and a half, the president has squandered the nearly universal support of the mainstream press by his incompetent handling of the BP oil spill. . . .

Obama Whaling Repeal.....Revealed: Japan’s bribes on whaling

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 13, 2010, 6:39 AM

Barack Obama’s oil drilling moratorium will cost tens of thousands of American jobs.
But, not everyone will suffer.
Oil companies are planning on moving their rigs from the Gulf of Mexico to South America off the coast of Brazil where the government is more friendly to energy corporations.
Reuters reported, via Free Republic:

Brazil could benefit from the BP Gulf of Mexico spill as a U.S. moratorium on offshore drilling boosts available rigs for the country’s deep water oil exploration program.

Even as an ecological catastrophe makes the future of U.S. offshore drilling less certain, Brazil is plowing ahead with a $220 billion five-year plan to tap oil fields even deeper than BP’s (BP.L) ill-fated Gulf well, which is still leaking crude.

With an estimated 35 rigs idled in the Gulf of Mexico, Brazil is already receiving inquiries from companies looking to move their rigs here, where vast discoveries in recent years may soon turn the country into a major crude exporter.

“What is bad for some may be good for others,” said Fernando Martins, Latin America Vice President for GE Oil and Gas, which provides services to drillers in Brazil.

“Since operators are shutting down at least temporarily in the U.S. Gulf, some companies are planning to move their rigs to Brazil now,” he said, without offering details.

By the way… The Obama Administration fudged their report to push for the oil drilling ban.

Barack Obama urged the Democratic Congress to pass his new tax on oil companies yesterday.

Banana Republic?

No-Fly Zone Over Gulf So Obi One Can Go Swimming

Oh wait

Late Wednesday night, the FAA created a "no-fly zone" over a large area in the Gulf in order to, uhm, secure the safety of cleanup workers or something.[Read the rest]
Also, a commenter there stated there's a gag order on the CIS data for this incident. He has been following the Deepwater Horizen incident timeline.

Hmmmm.

h/t Kenneth Solomon

Another tidbit that makes one go hmmm, Gregroy Sullivan @ Pajamas Media notes Coast Guard Head Was Informed of Maine Oil Boom on 5/21. Yesterday, He Claimed He Didn’t Know

A letter signed by both Maine senators — with the four Gulf State governors copied — informed Admiral Allen of Packgen's boom weeks ago. Allen told ABC yesterday that he hadn't heard this information. [Read article to see the letter, along with a photo of miles of Packgen boom sitting in storage..]
Never let a good crisis go to waste ~Saul Alinsky~
By Allahakchew aka SH at 05:28 PM |
================================================

HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Is a college degree still worth it?: As U.S. employment patterns evolve, a diploma is no longer a guarantee of a better job and higher pay.

12,453 posted on 06/13/2010 12:12:31 PM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

Beaches turn black in Baldwin County as oily waves roll in

Obama’s Boss Sees Silver Lining in BP Spill

Reuters is reporting that Brazil stands to benefit from the BP oil spill catastrophe as the US moratorium makes more rigs available for other countries.

Even as an ecological catastrophe makes the future of U.S. offshore drilling less certain, Brazil is plowing ahead with a $220 billion five-year plan to tap oil fields even deeper than BP’s (BP.L) ill-fated Gulf well, which is still leaking crude.

It’s estimated that thirty five rigs are now sitting idle in the Gulf of Mexico. Brazil is already getting inquiries from companies wanting to move their rigs there. Brazil’s state oil company, Petrobras already produces about a fourth of the world’s deep water oil . . .

Soros Fund Management, LLC holds a stake in Petrobras of approximately $900 million as of December 31, 2009 . . .

Soros also owns quite a lot of real estate in Brazil. Soros’ Adecoagro, which invests in renewable energy, owns or leases about 840,000 acres of farmland in Argentina . . .

(Excerpt) Read more at canadafreepress.com ...

CNN: When Does The Statute Of Limitations Run Out On Blaming Bush?

Congress meddless with the economic controls, not the president. The Dems have owned the economy's ups and downs since 2006.

Housing prices since 2006:

National debt since 2006

The Obama Agenda: The Fall of America Through Orchestrated Crisis

Ethics Rules "Byte" Obama White House (Violations of Presidential Records Act and Ethics Rules)

Fuel America with Terrorist-Tarred Oil Instead of Drilling Our Own, Baby?

Nude enviro-whackos ride bikes to protest oil — ‘more ass, less gas!' (video)

Looking for Backhoe -

Hawaiian elections official willing to swear in court president not born in Honolulu

The more people realize what a fraud Obama is, even the ‘Court’ of public opinion is turning against the Expendable Obama

Obama's Jihad: Jakarta to the Whitehouse (disturbing book title change)

How many Americans know that when Obama had his bloviating screed "The Audacity of Hope" was translated into Indonesian - the title went from "The Audacity of Hope" to "Jihad: From Jakarta To The Whitehouse". The man is dishonest about his Islamic leanings. Check this our from An American expat Living in Indonesia:

Obama_jihad_indonesia_2

Jihad: From Jakarta To The Whitehouse

Read it all .......most disturbing.

8,941 posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Obama bumper sticker 

legal plunder

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

===============================================================

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1210578#1210578

When I was six, my Dad built a boat for me-- 10 feet long, 4 feet in beam. You'd call it rowboat, but we called it a "bat-tow" ( darned if I can spell it correctly, or even locate the proper spelling ) with oarlocks and a bench midships. The transom was reinforced for an outboard motor, but I wasn't entrusted with one of those 'till a few years later.

I would collect soft drink bottles on the beach, and when I had 25 of them, load the boat and row to the pier in the Village. Yes, we are talking about being at the mouth of the Atlantic Ocean.

Climb a vertical wood ladder- no guard cage, no rails, no nothin' for safety- about a twenty-foot climb-- and haul my booty to the deck. The tourists were always impressed by the little white-haired, nut-brown ( yes, my black friends often told me I "passed," I was so dark... ) beach boy.

From there to the Community Market, to redeem the bottles for reuse at the Coke plant on the mainland.

Then, to Ward's drugstore. where 25 cents would buy me one hot dog and a coke for lunch.

Then, row back home...

Mr. Greenhut, I'm not letting it go. And nothing you write ( however clumsily and prejudicially you set it up ) is going to convince me otherwise.

It's one thing to be tolerant, to look the other way- and quite another to be forced to agree to, and even cheerlead for something you don't support.

Marriage and the family are the basic building blocks of society, even predating history- and you want us to agree to standing it on its head.

No sale- and I'll oppose it no matter what you write, or what abominations of law you get corrupt judges to agree to.

Enough is enough with this nonsense.

I'm just an old Cyber Cowboy ( and construction man, and business man, and gun dealer and wrecker driver, and a few other things you could glean if you hunted far enough... ) who followed Terri's case back when nobody cared:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1003657/posts
The war for Terri Schiavo's life- some links
Various FR links | 10-18-03 | The Heavy Equipment Guy

Then, when it became a cause celeb. I shifted in to high gear, and pseudo-blogged it, in all its sad, sorry, sordid detail:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1372897/posts
Useless Eaters vs The Death Cult
various FR links & stories | 03-29-05 | the heavy equipment guy

While I have never encountered a more divisive issue ( people I formerly regarded as allies and friends did not merely disagree with me, they stalked me across the internet, and to this day, hate me for standing up for Terri... )

I still stand by what I said, as it was breaking:

"She was killed for being an inconvenient woman, and for money."

And yes, I will remember...

As my old cyber-pal from long-dead boards, ALOHA RONNIE, likes to say:

NEVER FORGET...

THEG
( The heavy equipment guy )

Gating out

In to Cyberspace

And The Dreamtime...

Photobucket 

12,454 posted on 06/13/2010 3:57:17 PM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

Miss Emily has died [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

Her & Cole, the love of her life ( and vice versa ) recently:

12,455 posted on 06/14/2010 3:00:30 PM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

More sad news...
12,456 posted on 06/15/2010 1:00:12 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

I simply do not know if I have the heart to continue doing these compilations of links and graphics.

Miss Emily was my heart...

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/h/heartofmyheart.shtml

"Heart of my heart" meant friends were dearer then

Too bad we had to part

I know a tear would glisten If once more I could listen

To the gang that sang "Heart of my heart"

Deep Horizon Well System May Collapse (Worst Disaster In Our Lifetimes)

The Oil Drum ^ | 6/13/2010 | The Oil Drum

"Never let a crisis go to waste...".

55% Of Americans Say 'Revolution' If Obama Somehow Gets New UN Gun Ban Treaty Ratified In the U.S.

The new United Nations Treaty is being designed to disarm all citizens of every nation on Earth. The treaty will give all governments a free hand to do as they please. It is making headway in Washington D.C. and it is feared that President Obama may very well try to use the treaty to consolidate his power in America. The treaty specifics are now being negotiated and Obama has given the OK For the U.S. to be a part of the negotiations.

(Excerpt) Read more at usofearth.com ...

Obama Gives Back Major Strip of AZ to Mexico

Here’s one more problem that’s too difficult for fearless leader to face.

Efforts to Repel Gulf Oil Spill Are Described as Chaotic

12,457 posted on 06/16/2010 1:20:30 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)

Miss Emily has died [ 1 ... 7, 8, 9 ]

Recently, Miss emily said about Cole, the Golden Retriever puppy we got to replace Taffy-girl:

"He makes me smile more than anything I ever had!"

Goodnight, my Heart...

12,458 posted on 06/16/2010 12:48:59 PM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12457 | View Replies]

To: backhoe

Oh, Good god!

I’m so sorry Backhoe!

Jeez. Do you have family around you?

*Big FReeper HUGS*

12,459 posted on 06/16/2010 4:22:26 PM PDT by fanfan (Why did they bury Barry's past?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12458 | View Replies]

To: backhoe; jimrob; JustAmy; Kathy in Alaska; Cindy

Have any of you seen Backhoe’s post at 12455?

He’s lost his wife, Miss Emily. 2 days ago.

I FReepmailed him as soon as I noticed the post this afternoon, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

There is a link to his thread on Free Dominion at 12458.

12,460 posted on 06/16/2010 5:00:38 PM PDT by fanfan (Why did they bury Barry's past?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12455 | View Replies]

I’m so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

12,461 posted on 06/16/2010 5:09:06 PM PDT by Jim Robinson (JUST VOTE THEM OUT! teapartyexpress.org)

To: fanfan; backhoe

No, I didn’t see that.

I’m so sorry for the loss of Miss Emily, John.

Look up to the Lord.

He sees you and so does Miss Emily.

May God give surround you with His peace that only He can give.

Cindy

12,462 posted on 06/16/2010 10:20:19 PM PDT by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12460 | View Replies]

To: Cindy

give and surround you...

12,463 posted on 06/16/2010 10:31:56 PM PDT by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12462 | View Replies]

To: Pegita

Ping.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/833678/posts?page=12458#12458

12,464 posted on 06/17/2010 2:04:51 AM PDT by Cindy

To: Jim Robinson

Jim, I really appreciate that- there’s just me and the dogs now, except for Emily’s brother.

She was a fine a woman, and person, as I have ever known, and the 26 years we had went all too fast.

12,465 posted on 06/17/2010 2:27:54 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12461 | View Replies]

To: fanfan; Cindy; All

Thank you, friends... as I mentioned privately, I’d be honored by a prayer thread ( God knows, I’ve prayed my black little heart out since I found her dead Monday at 2 AM ) but I may not respond much, or at all. I’m having enough trouble keeping up at Free Dominion, and they have a lot fewer people.

Miss Emily and I were married for 26 years, and since we could not have children, we always had animals.

Long ago, she told me what she wanted for a funeral- a High Episcopal Church service— but she never wrote it down, and damn if I can remember enough to do it.

Besides, her brother— her only relative- seemed to be reluctant to do anything like that...

So...

When we get her ashes back, we are going to gather family and friends in our back yard, and inter her with our other animals buried there, including old Taffy, that you read about three years ago.

Say “An order for burial of the dead at Sea” just because I like the words, and later I am going to get two pieces of pressure treated lumber and hand-carve two markers- one for her, one for Taffy.

She was my Heart...

12,466 posted on 06/17/2010 2:44:26 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12459 | View Replies]

God bless you John.

I understand the high regard and love you had and will always have for your wife.

You take of yourself.

12,467 posted on 06/17/2010 2:50:12 AM PDT by Cindy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12466 | View Replies]

To: Cindy
God bless you John. I understand the high regard and love you had and will always have for your wife. You take care of yourself.

Thank you, Cindy.

12,468 posted on 06/17/2010 2:59:53 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into America's Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12467 | View Replies]

Prayers for you and for her soul. May God Bless and keep you during this time.

12,469 posted on 06/17/2010 3:12:17 AM PDT by BnBlFlag (Deo Vindice/Semper Fidelis "Ya gotta saddle up your boys; Ya gotta draw a hard line")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12468 | View Replies]

To: BnBlFlag

I greatly appreciate that- thank you.

12,470 posted on 06/17/2010 4:25:30 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12469 | View Replies]

Oh, backhoe....what a shock — words can not express how sorry I am to hear of your terrible loss.

You are in my prayers.

12,471 posted on 06/17/2010 5:11:43 AM PDT by Matchett-PI ("If Obama Won, Then Why Won't Democrats Run on His Agenda?" ~ Rush Limbaugh - May 19, 2010)

Backhoe, you and Miss Emily are in my prayers.

12,472 posted on 06/17/2010 8:23:03 AM PDT by Oorang (Tyranny thrives where government need not fear the wrath of an armed people - Alex Kozinski)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12470 | View Replies]

I am so very sorry neighbor.

Prayers for you.

12,473 posted on 06/17/2010 9:07:29 AM PDT by Vigilantcitizen

To: backhoe; reaganaut

Prayers up for you.

12,474 posted on 06/17/2010 9:12:46 AM PDT by greyfoxx39 (Obama is. the political equivalent of cubic zirconia)

To: greyfoxx39; All

Thank you, one and all. I’m still waiting to hear from the funeral home and coroner.

12,475 posted on 06/17/2010 10:34:53 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12474 | View Replies]

I am sorry for your loss.

Jet Jaguar

12,476 posted on 06/17/2010 10:36:32 AM PDT by Jet Jaguar (*)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12475 | View Replies]

Dear, dear John ...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Daffy

12,477 posted on 06/17/2010 10:40:29 AM PDT by Daffynition ("Play it, Sam, for old times' sake, play 'As Time Goes By'.")

I’m so very sorry to hear this, my friend. I just can’t imagine the pain and sorrow you are feeling. My heart goes out to you. Please know you have my prayers, both for yourself, and for Miss Emily’s soul - may she rest in peace. I wish there was something more I could say to assuage your grief at this moment, but alas, I know there is not. I’m just so very sorry to hear you are going through this loss of your dearly beloved. My heart breaks for you...
I’m sending prayers upwards, and warm thoughts and love your way...
With my deepest sympathy,
M

12,478 posted on 06/17/2010 10:41:52 AM PDT by LibertyRocks (http://libertyrocks.wordpress.com ~ Anti-Obama Gear: http://cafepress.com/NO_ObamaBiden08)

God bless.

12,479 posted on 06/17/2010 11:45:26 AM PDT by lonestar (Barry is furious the big spill wasn't caused by EXXON...would have nationalized it by now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12468 | View Replies]

To: Daffynition; Jet Jaguar; LibertyRocks; lonestar

Thank you. I sure thought we’d have more of the future, together.

12,480 posted on 06/17/2010 12:29:06 PM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12477 | View Replies]

Prayers for you and your family.

12,481 posted on 06/18/2010 10:57:14 AM PDT by <1/1,000,000th%

So very sorry for this grievous loss.
May God wrap His loving, gentle arms
around you and hug you close. Prayers
up for you.

12,482 posted on 06/22/2010 12:06:27 AM PDT by STARWISE ( The overlords are in place .. we are a nation under siege .. pray, go Galt & hunker down)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12454 | View Replies]

bttt

12,483 posted on 01/18/2011 12:44:43 PM PST by Coleus (Adult Stem Cells Work, there is NO Need to Harvest Babies for Their Body Parts!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10031 | View Replies]

To: Coleus

Thanks for the bump.

The Kids & I are sorting out what remains of our life, here:

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1574738#1574738

Whether I’ll ever return to The Dark Underbelly is a good question.

12,484 posted on 01/19/2011 3:24:07 AM PST by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12483 | View Replies]

Return to the Dark Underbelly...

I may restart this-— and if I do, I will send FR money at every fundraiser. Because I believe that if you use a board much, you ought to give it some money.

It won’t be much- I’m surviving- sort of— on my Dead Wives “survivors benefits”- yes, I hate SS, it’s a Ponzi Scheme- but until one of those J-O-B-S Kommander Zer0 promised materializes it is all I have.

I love my true friends at out Canadian sister site, Free Dominion, and I have been there since Miss Emily, my wife of 25 years died unexpectedly last summer— her story, and mine is here:

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=132035

and here:

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=132803

But recently, when I thought Rick Perry was the best hope of kicking Duh!1 out of office, I posted this:

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=146359

And every America-hating troll, disruptor, and sycophant came and shat on it. And me.

I asked Connie & Mark- the Sysops there— to clean it up.

If they do, fine- I’ll stay om Free Dominion.

If they don’t?

I’ll come back here, give FR the money I would have given FD, and post “all the stuff I think you ought to know about...”

Like I did before my World ended.

It’s all the same to me- I have not a thing left to lose that I care about.

So stay tuned- like I’ve said about America’s future?

“It’s about to get interesting...”

-30-

12,485 posted on 08/19/2011 1:11:54 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)

As I’ve mentioned on our Canadian sister site, “If you don’t visit certain blogs & forums, you aren’t well informed.”

The Make Believe Media ( hattip” Ace of Spades ) helped create, and sustain, the clown in the White House. Everything they present centers around two things:

1)- selling you stuff you may not want or need...
2)- protecting their creation- Duh!1

Instapundit should be one of your first stops on the InterToobs-

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/

August 19, 2011

HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? Stagflation signs surface in bonds, stocks, gold.

Posted at 2:29 am by Glenn Reynolds
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stagflation-signs-surface-in-cnnm-2117488997.html?x=0

WASHINGTON EXAMINER: Obama HHS Caught Campaigning For Democrats.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-hhs-caught-campaigning-democrats

IS THE NEXT DOMINO TO FALL . . . Canada?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/next-domino-fall-canada

NOT-SO-MAGIC BUS: “The bad news for President Obama is, he’s lost his mojo: The rock star of 2008 has become just another workaday politician. The worse news is, this is all he’s got.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/bam_great_pr_bus_NDH3jYUG7CAgpmWkEg0jzO

If you will read my commentary at the links to FD, you will see what I think- that Half-White ( I’m part Red Man, so spare me the RAAACIST! slurs, they are worthless to me... ) Son of a Bitch has lost his glitter, and he’s flailing.

But a sitting “Precedent” is hard to defeat.

We have to work smart, or that SOB will get “4 More Years!” to wreck America.

And it’s pretty well wrecked, even now. Search my posts on FD and read my “man on the street” take of the desolation I see in my city. It is grim.

12,486 posted on 08/19/2011 2:05:09 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy, ridin' the trakball into the Twilight...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12485 | View Replies]

bkmk

12,487 posted on 08/19/2011 2:07:52 AM PDT by csense
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12486 | View Replies]

As I mentioned in my return here, if you don’t read certain blogs & forums every day, you aren’t well informed.

Free Republic still has the best mix of “stuff you need to know”— always has.

The Belmont Club has some of the best essays- and commentors- on the web- scroll down, and read it all:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez/

12,488 posted on 08/19/2011 2:47:59 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy...)

I, for one, am encouraged with your Return to the Dark Underbelly.

Welcome back. We need you in the fight.

12,489 posted on 08/19/2011 2:55:12 AM PDT by OwenKellogg (Downgrade POTUS)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12485 | View Replies]

I really may not have the heart to continue this, so here’s a list of places you ought to visit. Some cuss like pirates, so be advised. Most just have good commentary and links:

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/

http://www.grouchyconservativepundits.org/index.php

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/

http://hillbuzz.org/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

http://ace.mu.nu/

12,490 posted on 08/19/2011 3:10:39 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12488 | View Replies]

To: OwenKellogg
I, for one, am encouraged with your Return to the Dark Underbelly. Welcome back. We need you in the fight.

Thank you very kindly. I can't say how much, or what, I can contribute anymore. I really am a lot better, despite losing the only thing I cared about in the world.

But after being shat upon by my "friends" at our sister site, where I spent the last year, my heart is really not in the fight.

I joined both chapters of the local Tea Party- in memory, of my Emily, who died before we could join- and I'll see what I can do.

The Kid ( her Golden Retriever "puppy"-- he's going on five, now ) and I have to make our way in the world as best we can, so I may not have time or inclination to do much online.

I will do what I can.

But thanks so much, for welcoming me back.

12,491 posted on 08/19/2011 3:36:06 AM PDT by backhoe (Just an Old Keyboard Cowboy...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12489 | View Replies]

Just a small, personal note?

The latest adventures of The Kid & I are here:

http://www.freedominion.com.pa/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132803

Goto the last page and scroll back for more- but?

Last May I learned, belatedly, that my Miss Emily had had silent heart disease all along.

When I learned that, the Terrible Dark Cloud that lay over my every waking moment lifted off me.

I threw Cole-boy in the car and went to the Island to see face to face the widow of an old friend of mine. Known each other not all that well, but for 31 years.

She’s a cat lady & I’m a dog person- so we’ll see how it works out, but? It’s “interesting...”

I sit her house when she’s away, and gave her keys to mine. She has a lot of troubles- I don’t care, except I’d make them go away if I could. Everybody has troubles. Every one- you can’t escape that, it is part of being human.

I will go to my grave loving and missing my Miss Emily— 25 years of being married is a lifetime.

But?

She’s “gone, forever, to the Sea...”

Say a prayer for Miss Emily- she really was the best friend I ever had. While you’re doing that, say one for johnny & Miss MaryAnn- that we find our way to a good place, separately... or together.

-30-

12,492 posted on 02/01/2012 2:16:19 AM PST by backhoe (Just a Merry-Hearted Keyboard Pirate Boy, plunderin' his way across the InterToobs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12443 | View Replies]

I had bookmarked this thread long ago and just came by to tell you I miss you..
I lost my husband of 28 years many years ago ..I wanted to die. He had a heart attack while we were on vacation..
I am so glad the dark cloud lifted for you...Grief is a terrible thing..
Your writing is beautiful.
I too was hoping Perry would make it...and took a lot of grief for it!
Just wanted you to know you and your kindnesses and valuable contributions are not forgotten.
Take care of yourself.

12,493 posted on 05/31/2012 8:21:44 PM PDT by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12492 | View Replies]

A huge hug, backhoe.

Huge hug.

And a prayer for you and everyone you love.

12,494 posted on 05/31/2012 8:41:43 PM PDT by little jeremiah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12492 | View Replies]

To: MEG33
had bookmarked this thread long ago and just came by to tell you I miss you.. I lost my husband of 28 years many years ago ..I wanted to die. He had a heart attack while we were on vacation.. I am so glad the dark cloud lifted for you...Grief is a terrible thing.. Your writing is beautiful. I too was hoping Perry would make it...and took a lot of grief for it! Just wanted you to know you and your kindnesses and valuable contributions are not forgotten. Take care of yourself.

My kindest regards, and prayers to you. I sure know that "I'd just like to sink into the ground by them and be dead" feeling. It does get better, it just seems like it takes a thousand years in Hell to get there. Thanks for the kind words and I'm pulling for you.

12,495 posted on 06/02/2012 2:21:28 PM PDT by backhoe (Just a Merry-Hearted Keyboard Pirate Boy, plunderin' his way across the InterToobs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12493 | View Replies]

To: little jeremiah

Thank you- I deeply appreciate that.

12,496 posted on 06/02/2012 2:27:08 PM PDT by backhoe (Just a Merry-Hearted Keyboard Pirate Boy, plunderin' his way across the InterToobs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12494 | View Replies]

***HUGS***and prayers.
Yes it does get better....and I thank God for it..
I am content.

12,497 posted on 06/02/2012 3:19:26 PM PDT by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12495 | View Replies]

***HUGS***and prayers. Yes it does get better....and I thank God for it.. I am content.

"To Have and to Hold..."

You had him for 28 years...

For 25 I held Miss Emily and before that Miss Helen for seven years...

Today I am going to throw Miss Emily's beloved Border Collie in my truck and go over to the Island to help Miss MaryAnn relocate her businesss... she held that old friend & neighbor of mine for 30 years...

It seems like we never get to hold the ones we love long enough- something always gets in the way... but like the chorus line in "The Other Man's Grass is Always Greener" goes,

"...just be thankful for what you've got..."

12,498 posted on 06/03/2012 3:02:21 AM PDT by backhoe (Just a Merry-Hearted Keyboard Pirate Boy, plunderin' his way across the InterToobs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12497 | View Replies]

Prayers all is going well with Miss Mary Ann's move.

Thankful For What I Have

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12,499 posted on 06/03/2012 5:27:27 PM PDT by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12498 | View Replies]

That is lovely- thank you. We got her moved out- now we have to set up a new office at home. We’ll get it done.

12,500 posted on 06/05/2012 8:32:14 AM PDT by backhoe (Just a Merry-Hearted Keyboard Pirate Boy, plunderin' his way across the InterToobs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12499 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 12,351-12,40012,401-12,45012,451-12,50012,501 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson