Skip to comments.Top 10 Ways To Get The Office Babe
Posted on 03/07/2005 11:49:09 AM PST by pissant
So you're scoping out the hotty that joined the payroll? You're not alone; far from it. Here are some suggestions as to how you can stand out from the clutter and eventually win out.
10. Compliment other women To get a gauge of her interest, throw in a comment about how some other woman is attractive. See how she reacts: does she get jealous or think you are immature? If it bothers her slightly, chances are she wants you to compliment her.
9. Stand out from the masses Distance yourself from the many men who are flocking to the office babe and throwing themselves at her. She will view them all as already conquered, while you will represent the challenge for her.
8. Bump into one another as you leave Try to coordinate it so you finish at the same time. Be subtle though. If you can time it so you both leave the office simultaneously, then you can walk from work, a perfect opportunity to get to know the women better and determine whether or not she even knows you exist.
7. Let her overhear your conversation with your lady friends She need not know more than the basics, but let her see how you make your friends and family laugh and enjoy life. She will want to be on the other end of the conversation, and then some.
6. Have a life outside of work If you have a chance, make sure that she sees you outside of work, especially if you come across as too serious on the job. If you offer intelligence, charm, compassion, a sense of humor, and a desire to have fun and live life to the fullest, she just might want to share that with you.
5. Don't get drunk and flirt with other colleagues Sounds obvious, especially since it takes very little for a woman to write you off. Her even suspecting that there is a chance you picked up the woman who sits across from her will make her cross you off her list, for good.
4. Use your strengths She can see who the best looking guy at the office is. But you're not in a club and the music is not loud, so don't use this as an excuse. Talk to her, make her smile and laugh, even flirt with her (discreetly), as long as you do not show her your aces. Remember, the good looking ones get boring quickly if they don't have a personality to back up their looks. Assuming you have a sense of humor, can chat with a woman and pique her interest, you are in the lead.
3. Show respect for others and pay attention to everyone This is a double-edged sword. Show enough attention to other males and females so that your "target" sees you're not only nice to her because you want her. However, as you can imagine, do not be too nice to other girls.
2. Stand out I don't care what anybody says; nobody will ever notice you, let alone go out with you if you are a mere shadow on the walls. Make sure you get noticed, but don't become obnoxious, because that's one thing girls hate.
1. Give her a sneak preview Without bragging too much, describe your weekend escapades (the stuff that doesn't incriminate you of course). The hottest girls can have fairly boring lives as intimidated guys fear asking them out. Admittedly, the more stuck-up girls refuse everything in sight, so these you may not even want in the first place, well...
No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her.
I saw that on a bumper sticker...
A friend of mine says it this way: "Show me a hot chick and I'll show you a guy who's tired of f*****g her."
Step 1 should be tro ask her if her name is Lorena Bobbit or Caren McDonald:
that's a toughie....
As told to me years back:
My buddy married the hottest girl from school. She had remained very attractive. Buddy 2 said "I'll bet you bang her EVERY night." Buddy 1 said that he probably yanks thecrank just as much as any other married guy.
Moral of the story - I don't know, I'm just relating a story I heard.
Must be true then.... LOL.
Just to be clear here, this doesn't mean deliberately physically bump into her. That creeps women out.
lemme understand this. if you're not the best looking guy in the office, exactly what are your "aces?" If you're independently wealthy, you wouldn't be working there. If you were the boss, you wouldn't have to do anything special to "win" her...
You forgot to note that you excerpted this from Bill Clinton's book....
But always worth the effort. Practice, practice, practice.
If you ain't the office hunk, I guess you're SOL.....
One of our luminaries shared his most effective pickup line:
"Does this rag smell like chloroform?"
Stalking is probably a lot slower.
Me find that sharing part of a dead squirrel works well in the canine world, as does smelling like rabbit poop...well...it worked the last time I was allowed out of the Official Muttly Compound unescorted...a long, long time ago.
Hope this helps.
I've had good luck just sitting quietly and licking my eyebrows.
ROFLMAO... you crack me up.
I suppose I should weigh in on this soberly. Getting the office "babe" is a really, really bad idea as long as you work there.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.