Skip to comments.Michael Moore: If the 'Mosque' Isn't Built, This Is No Longer America (Says build ON GROUND ZERO!)
Posted on 09/11/2010 1:03:49 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
I am opposed to the building of the "mosque" two blocks from Ground Zero.
I want it built on Ground Zero.
Why? Because I believe in an America that protects those who are the victims of hate and prejudice. I believe in an America that says you have the right to worship whatever God you have, wherever you want to worship. And I believe in an America that says to the world that we are a loving and generous people and if a bunch of murderers steal your religion from you and use it as their excuse to kill 3,000 souls, then I want to help you get your religion back. And I want to put it at the spot where it was stolen from you.
There's been so much that's been said about this manufactured controversy, I really don't want to waste any time on this day of remembrance talking about it. But I hate bigotry and I hate liars, and so in case you missed any of the truth that's been lost in this, let me point out a few facts:
1. I love the Burlington Coat Factory. I've gotten some great winter coats there at a very reasonable price. Muslims have been holding their daily prayers there since 2009. No one ever complained about that. This is not going to be a "mosque," it's going to be a community center. It will have the same prayer room in it that's already there. But to even have to assure people that "it's not going to be mosque" is so offensive, I now wish they would just build a 111-story mosque there. That would be better than the lame and disgusting way the developer has left Ground Zero an empty hole until recently. The remains of over 1,100 people still haven't been found. That site is a sacred graveyard, and to be building another monument to commerce on it is a sacrilege. Why wasn't the entire site turned into a memorial peace park? People died there, and many of their remains are still strewn about, all these years later.
2. Guess who has helped the Muslims organize their plans for this community center? The JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER of Manhattan! Their rabbi has been advising them since the beginning. It's been a picture-perfect example of the kind of world we all want to live in. Peter Stuyvessant, New York's "founder," tried to expel the first Jews who arrived in Manhattan. Then the Dutch said, no, that's a bit much. So then Stuyvessant said ok, you can stay, but you cannot build a synagogue anywhere in Manhattan. Do your stupid Friday night thing at home. The first Jewish temple was not allowed to be built until 1730. Then there was a revolution, and the founding fathers said this country has to be secular -- no religious nuts or state religions. George Washington (inaugurated around the corner from Ground Zero) wanted to make a statement about this his very first year in office, and wrote this to American Jews:
"The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy -- a policy worthy of imitation. ...
"It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens ...
"May the children of the stock of Abraham who dwell in this land continue to merit and enjoy the good will of the other inhabitants -- while every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid."
3. The Imam in charge of this project is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. Read about his past here.
4. Around five dozen Muslims died at the World Trade Center on 9/11. Hundreds of members of their families still grieve and suffer. The 19 killers did not care what religion anyone belonged to when they took those lives.
5. I've never read a sadder headline in the New York Times than the one on the front page this past Monday: "American Muslims Ask, Will We Ever Belong?" That should make all of us so ashamed that even a single one of our fellow citizens should ever have to worry about if they "belong" here.
6. There is a McDonald's two blocks from Ground Zero. Trust me, McDonald's has killed far more people than the terrorists.
7. During an economic depression or a time of war, fascists are extremely skilled at whipping up fear and hate and getting the working class to blame "the other" for their troubles. Lincoln's enemies told poor Southern whites that he was "a Catholic." FDR's opponents said he was Jewish and called him "Jewsevelt." One in five Americans now believe Obama is a Muslim and 41% of Republicans don't believe he was born here.
8. Blaming a whole group for the actions of just one of that group is anti-American. Timothy McVeigh was Catholic. Should Oklahoma City prohibit the building of a Catholic Church near the site of the former federal building that McVeigh blew up?
9. Let's face it, all religions have their whackos. Catholics have O'Reilly, Gingrich, Hannity and Clarence Thomas (in fact all five conservatives who dominate the Supreme Court are Catholic). Protestants have Pat Robertson and too many to list here. The Mormons have Glenn Beck. Jews have Crazy Eddie. But we don't judge whole religions on just the actions of their whackos. Unless they're Methodists.
10. If I should ever, God forbid, perish in a terrorist incident, and you or some nutty group uses my death as your justification to attack or discriminate against anyone in my name, I will come back and haunt you worse than Linda Blair marrying Freddy Krueger and moving into your bedroom to spawn Chucky. John Lennon was right when he asked us to imagine a world with "nothing to kill or die for and no religion, too." I heard Deepak Chopra this week say that "God gave humans the truth, and the devil came and he said, 'Let's give it a name and call it religion.' " But John Adams said it best when he wrote a sort of letter to the future (which he called "Posterity"): "Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." I'm guessing ol' John Adams is up there repenting nonstop right now.
Friends, we all have a responsibility NOW to make sure that Muslim community center gets built. Once again, 70% of the country (the same number that initially supported the Iraq War) is on the wrong side and want the "mosque" moved. Enormous pressure has been put on the Imam to stop his project. We have to turn this thing around. Are we going to let the bullies and thugs win another one? Aren't you fed up by now? When would be a good time to take our country back from the haters?
I say right now. Let's each of us make a statement by donating to the building of this community center! It's a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization and you can donate a dollar or ten dollars (or more) right now through a secure pay pal account by clicking here. I will personally match the first $10,000 raised (forward your PayPal receipt to email@example.com). If each one of you reading this blog/email donated just a couple of dollars, that would give the center over $6 million, more than what Donald Trump has offered to buy the Imam out. C'mon everyone, let's pitch in and help those who are being debased for simply wanting to do something good. We could all make a huge statement of love on this solemn day.
I lost a co-worker on 9/11. I write this today in his memory.
Where’s the barf alert!?!
I think that if Americans want any crap out of this America hater, we’ll unscrew his head and dip it out.
Just fall over dead, you fat SOB
I wish him all the best of luck in his fundraising. So he will match the first $10,000? Great. At this rate the 9/11 Victory Mosque will take longer to build than the Cologne Cathedral (632 years).
Michael Moore and Imam Obama on the same side of an issue.
If the name “Michael Moore” doesn’t warn you, what possibly could?!
I think Michael Moore should drink a bottle of Drano, to deal with all that clogged sh*t.
There is a McDonald’s two blocks from Ground Zero. Trust me, McDonald’s has killed far more people than the terrorists.
So we can expect an obit on you in the near future, praise the lord!
Build it ON Michael Moore!
Doesn’t he already think this isn’t the real America?
Michael Moore called Halliburton “War profiteers” right before releasing his 9-11/Iraq war “documentary” that made him over 100 Million dollars.
BTW, Moore also has stock in Halliburton, or did at that time.
The hypocrisy of the left never ceases to amaze me.
Michael Moore became a multi-millionaire by exploiting tragedy and grief.
The title says “Michael Moore”. Isn’t that enough of a barf alert?
Mr Moore, nobody stole their religion, it is what it is, a bunch of cave dwellers seeking control of women first, then everything else. Read about sharia.
Well, I’m really pleased that M. Moore and his friends are concerned about religious freedom. It will be nice when Christmas comes around and they all support the right of Christians to celebrate with carols and public displays. I’m looking forward to it.
There is no room in America for Michael Moore joke.
(Get it? Disgusting fat slob joke.)
F*** YOU, MOORE!!! The kind of world I want to live in is devoid of disgusting Islamophile pieces of sh*t like Michael Moore. I have nothing but utter contempt for this filthy, depraved scumbag.
A thousand years from now, if future archeologists should come across the remains of Michael Moore, their natural conclusion will be “this is the largest fossilized hunk of rancid sh*t we’ve ever FOUND from the 20th/21st century time period!”
“Leave it here, we don’t want it either”
“I love the Burlington Coat Factory. I’ve gotten some great winter coats there at a very reasonable price”
Michael, this is a lie. We all know you buy you coats at a tent and awning store....
Even if they just build on the proposed site, is Bloomberg planning to guarantee 24-7-365 police protection for the place?
Because you know it won’t take long before it is vandalised / attacked. Is something so divisive really worth it?
This fat POS simply hates this country due to his own personal shortcomings, so this statement does not surprise me at all.
2,752 were victims of hate and prejudice on that spot 9 years ago.
It’s time for TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE II.
The fat bastard has not been on the radar screen lately. He just used this opportunity to do so. Piss on him.
“you have a right to worship your God where ever you want.” Just so long as it isn’t the Christian God in a public school is what he really means.
This is one of those times.
Islam is the only religion that the left condones.
Will someone tell me WHY God hasn’t struck him DEAD yet???
“Michael Moore called Halliburton War profiteers right before releasing his 9-11/Iraq war documentary that made him over 100 Million dollars.”
That “100 million dollars” was a highly inflated figure, I’ve read. Otherwise, why only challenge people to get the first $10k. If he’d offered to match the first million I might believe he’d actually made a lot of money on those (cough, cough) documentaries.
If he was honest he would move to Cuba but he won't. Food is in short supply there.
Now, that is funny.
How about they build the mosque on Michael Moore’s fat ass..should be enough room
Because heaven won't take him, and hell is not big enough.
The MichaelMoore.com should have tipped you off..
Air drop him in to Pakistan.
Trust me Michael, you won't ever have to worry about the "70% of the country" feeling this way...
MM is certainly the first one I think of when I want “America” lessons ... NOT!
They should use him as the cap stone..Jerk
"If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who did not vote for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted against Bush!"
Why are left wing morons like Moore so anxious to get this mosque built?
Evil. No other way to describe it.
Fine. Let's build Christian churches and Jewish temples on all of the properties owned by Michael Moore.
“But I hate bigotry and I hate liars...”
Eat a pistol then fatboy, because you’re a primo example of each.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.