Skip to comments.I am sure everyone wants to know what I think. (YIKES)
Posted on 02/20/2012 12:11:03 PM PST by dt57
ok, guess this is what is called a vanity. Not sure because this is my first post. So give me a break ok? WE are now down to 4 candidates. Here is how I see it. There will be no surprizes for anyone who has read my posts.
1. Ron Paul. A true fiscal conservative that I would vote for in a heart beat if he had a clue about our enemies and how much they hate us and want to destroy us and our way of life.
2. Mitt Romney. All he has to offer is that he really, really, really wants to be President. Well, good for him. The problem is when that is your sole motivatiion, you will do anything to win. It is sickening. I can not vote of this man.
3. Rick Santorum. A good family man, and an above average Senator for PA. A true second tier candidate any field (except the one we have.) He is a fair communicator and fair debator. I will vote for him, if he is the one. Can he win, I doubt it.
4. Newt Gingrinch. A flawed candidate with a lot of (known) bagage. I happen to believe they all have past sins, it is just his are really out there to say the least. Newt can articulate the conservative message better than anyone since Ronald Reagan. I hope he wins.
5. A brokered or contested convention. This will insure an establishment republican. I know many say Rick and Newt will put their delegates together. I will have to see that to believe it.
Hope you got yer flame suit on, newbie.
not sure what this means. So let me have it.
“Not sure because this is my first post.”
..your forum history counts more than 30. bzzzt
Actually, I agree with you. I will absolutely not vote for Romney.
It is on, so why don’t you start. You got to learn somehow. And I guess if a 60 year old granfather of six, who has participated in politcal discussion for half a century can be a newbie, then that’s ok with me.
Anyways....Welcome to FR. Try not to be a jerk. We got enough of them as is.
What’s the frequency, Kenneth?
At this point I think it is as much about the playing field (and rules of the game) as it is about the players.
Does anybody know if there is a website out there that lays out which states are proportional and which have other rules? Thanks.
cute, and higher than I thought.
That’s the spirit!
Other than a newbie posting a vanity (which, btw, dt57, is generally frowned upon around here—welcome to FR!), I don’t see much flameworthy here. A lot of us here have qualms about all the candidates. Paul is the crazy uncle who’s right where he’s right and WAY wrong where he’s wrong. Santorum is a strong social conservative but potentially vulnerable on some fiscal issues and is getting (wrongly) slaughtered in the liberal media as they continually misinterpret his social stands intentionally. Gingrich is sort of the opposite, his past leaves him weaker with socons but he’s smart and has the best plan of the four fiscally. And Romney is a used car salesman that none of us trust.
Of the four, I’d pick Gingrich first and Santorum second, which is what it sounds like dt57 said. I don’t see where that’s very far off the bulk of the opinions I’ve seen flying around here the past couple months.
I figure if they can survive your insults first time out, they might be a keeper.
Your bank account and routing number.
A good post well expressing the perspective of nearly every American conservative with which I’ve discussed the issues.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.