Skip to comments.Top 5 Reasons to Arrest George Zimmerman (Top 5 left-wing lies about Zimmerman)
Posted on 03/31/2012 11:28:50 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
On February 26, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed on his way back to his fathers home by 28-year-old, neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida. Martin was unarmed, carrying nothing but a bag of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea, and dressed in a hooded sweatshirt. It has been over a month since Martin was murdered, and Zimmerman has not been charged or arrested, even though he has confessed to the shooting. Here are the top 5 reasons to arrest George Zimmerman:
1. Trayvon Martin was not a threat. Florida's Stand Your Ground law enables gun owners to use their weapon in self-defense in any public space, if they feel their safety is threatened. This Florida law is protecting Zimmerman. But, according to the 911 call that Zimmerman made, Trayvon was unarmed and out of Zimmermans way. So what type of threat did he impose? None. The only threat Zimmerman had to stand by was that Martin was a young, black male dressed in a hoodie. The police told Zimmerman not to follow Martin in the tape but he went against their orders trusting his suspicions and racially profiling Martin and followed the boy, who was shot and killed within two minutes.
2. Zimmerman committed a hate crime. In Zimmermans initial 911 call, he called Trayvon Martin a F**cking Co*n. The recording proves that Zimmermans thought process was influenced by race, which implies that he committed a hate crime and did not act in self defense.
3. Yes, George Zimmerman is a racist. In hopes of saving his son from being characterized as a racist, Zimmermans father, Robert Zimmerman, wrote in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel, that George is a Spanish-speaking minority He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. His family has even pointed out that some of his relatives are black. In his interview with Fox News, Robert Zimmerman said that George is colorblind when it comes to any race, and even mentions that he has mentored two black children. Being a minority doesnt give people resistance from having racist beliefs. The truth of the matter is that anyone is susceptible to being racist regardless of their race. Read the full interview here.
4. Zimmerman was not "screaming" for help. When Robert was asked about the screams for help following the first gunshot in his interview with Fox News, he responded, All of our family, everyone who knows George, knows absolutely that is George screaming. There's no doubt in anyone's mind. Why would George scream for help after the first gunshot? He was the one who pulled the trigger on Martin. It makes more sense that Trayvon would cry for help after being shot at. There is one last gunshot following the cries for help, after which the cries stop. Here is the audio.
5. Zimmerman had no visible injuries. The beating Robert describes that George received from the young boy is severe: Trayvon Martin walked up to him and asked him, 'Do you have a f*cking problem?' George said, 'No, I don't have a problem,' and started to reach for his cell phone ... at that point, he (Martin) was punching him in the nose, his nose was broken and he was knocked to the concrete
Its my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and started beating him. However the police surveillance video of George that night doesnt show any visible injuries. Roberts response to this was, I dont know what the video showed. I havent seen it
He wasnt given any medical attention, but they may have cleaned him up there at the scene. I dont know. Georges injuries would have been evidence of the beating he encountered from Trayvon; why would the police clean George up on his way to questioning? Even the lead investigator that night did not buy Zimmermans story. He wanted to file manslaughter charges against George, but he was overruled by the states attorney.
puts the lie to every word uttered in this article and should ease your anxieties.
My thanks to scoutmaster for initially bringing the link to the statute to my attention.
That’s not the stand your ground law. You have a reasonable fear (in the eyes of the jury, and preferably the cops and prosecutor as well) of your life and/or great bodily harm. All that the stand your ground law removes is the initial duty to retreat.
OK, I bothered to look. You seem to be a solid freeper, so I’ll spend a little time educating you about “stand your ground.” Short version: It simply means you don’t have a duty to retreat if you REASONABLY believe that you are in danger of serious bodily injury or death. Rather, you can stand your ground and defend yourself. It’s an affirmative defense, and if push comes to shove, you must prove the REASONABLENESS of your belief in the threat. Just like with plain old self-defense, you must REASONABLY believe that your are in danger before defending yourself.
I’d say Zimmerman getting his head bounced off the cement ground like a basketball means he was actually in the process of getting his azz kicked and he couldn’t have retreated if he wanted to, hence “stand your ground” doesn’t even come into it.
/THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. I’m not a lawyer, I’m just up to speed on 2A issues. The entire point of the LSM and race pimps bringing “stand your ground” into this is so they can attack our rights. See my tag...
Makes sense given that even real racists don't use the word "coons" anymore unless talking about the furry four legged cat food thieves.
Viewing this photo, the “veil” thing makes sense. Unfortunately her commentary doesn’t.
Long term residence in the Big Sh*tty, amongst all those crazed Libroids, can make one paranoid. After all, in the Big Sh*tty, they ARE out to get you. If Mugger doesn’t, some bureaucrap will attack your pocket.
However, imagine if NYC did not have the Sullivan Law, all citizens could be armed.
As Samuel Clements observed, a mining town in the gold rush period of the West had ONE QUARTER of the crime of a comparable size city back east. Clements attributed this to the fact that all citizens were armed.
Another freeper made that exact statement a few days ago, saying the last time he ever heard that uttered as an actual racial epithet was back in the Fifties...
OK thanks! Finally someone explains this. The MSM (or from the crap I read) makes it out to be some kind of a “shoot person” free card or something which seemed insane to me. They kept using and are still using that word “feel”...”If you feel your life is in danger”..Then of course they connect it to Repubs. and the NRA. “Oh they can shoot anyone they feel like shooting”.
Excellent tag BTW...That’s exactly what is going on in this case.
I'm sorry, but that imagery was funny as hell!
Have you seen the movie "Tucker and Dale vs. Evil"? The plot is very similar. A bunch of college kids in the woods keep accidently killing themselves trying to run away from these two hillbillies who appear scary but are just very nice guys. It's a hysterical movie.
IF he’s charged and IF there are blacks on the jury, conviction is assumed. A reverse OJ verdict.
...while being approximately 1/5 as populous. Does that make them 40 times more violent?
Excellent tag BTW...That’s exactly what is going on in this case.
I highly doubt a 28 year old guy would use the term coon. I only heard that one on TV and I live in one of the most segregated states in the country.
LOL! No I didn’t see that flick, I’ll rent it though. Thanks for the tip.
Yes, there is no other way to describe it though, that is exactly how she reacted. She screamed and bashed the door open. And it happens to me all the time. Sometimes when I’m about to walk into that situation (if I know about it beforehand), I squat a bit, bend my knees so I don’t seem so tall so I don’t freak the person out so much.
Even at night when I walk to work around 2am (I live in New York city and do minimal driving) someone will suddenly appear in front of me walking and I literally walk in the street below the curb to appear smaller. It really is Herman Munster stuff and annoys the hell out of me.
It did get me out of a ticket once though when I rented a car to drive upstate. I bought McDonalds breakfast and after I finished I pulled over when I saw a garbage can on the corner of an intersection. So I got out, threw it into the trashcan, and when I turned around I saw this ticket agent about to write me a ticket so I ran over and said “WAIT” and wooow, she made the “O” with her mouth...
jumped into her car and took off faster than Michael Jackson after a Cub scout and I stood there with my WTF look. I can’t even tell you where she drove, she just completely disappeared.
BTW, sorry for the harsh tone in my first reply. Your post (accidentally, I'm sure) somewhat mirrored a left-wing meme I've been seeing lately. Which is scary — it means the meme is subtly gaining some traction even with the educated.
Should have checked your “in forum” first. Sigh.
/grumpy today for a host of reasons...
I am sorry Travan is dead. Yes, it is a tradgedy.
However, why do young blacks like to dress like thugs?
What is with the teeth? Did he have bad teeth? I notice some of his fronts are gold capped. Don’t get me wrong, it is his right to have gold teeth is he wants them, but is this some kind of status symbol in ganstaland? It costs a lot to get a tooth capped, and his are symmetrical, so I think it is a vanity. Are there dentists who will cap teeth with gold just for cosmetic reasons? If so, seems like a wast of resources as well as a poor health choice to do that. Is this ethical on the dentists part?
Again, the issue should be “why do young black men present themselves to the public wearing the apparel of thugs”?
No, I didn’t take anything harsh from your post in the least. I seriously thought *that* was the law, that a person can shoot anyone if they “felt” their life was in danger which is insane to me.
Having said that, this case has nothing to do with stand your ground. This situation is strictly self defense. In my opinion two different issues. Stand you ground means you do not have to run from a threat. Self defense is stopping someone from beating your head on a sidewalk.
Martin had a choice in handling the situation; he could have simply said what I'm doing here is none of your business and walked away. Someone asking you a question, no matter how offensive, does not give you the right to beat the crap out them. Trayvon chose poorly.
Sorry for the long post. I got carried away.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.