Skip to comments.Top 5 Reasons to Arrest George Zimmerman (Top 5 left-wing lies about Zimmerman)
Posted on 03/31/2012 11:28:50 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
On February 26, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed on his way back to his fathers home by 28-year-old, neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida. Martin was unarmed, carrying nothing but a bag of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea, and dressed in a hooded sweatshirt. It has been over a month since Martin was murdered, and Zimmerman has not been charged or arrested, even though he has confessed to the shooting. Here are the top 5 reasons to arrest George Zimmerman:
1. Trayvon Martin was not a threat. Florida's Stand Your Ground law enables gun owners to use their weapon in self-defense in any public space, if they feel their safety is threatened. This Florida law is protecting Zimmerman. But, according to the 911 call that Zimmerman made, Trayvon was unarmed and out of Zimmermans way. So what type of threat did he impose? None. The only threat Zimmerman had to stand by was that Martin was a young, black male dressed in a hoodie. The police told Zimmerman not to follow Martin in the tape but he went against their orders trusting his suspicions and racially profiling Martin and followed the boy, who was shot and killed within two minutes.
2. Zimmerman committed a hate crime. In Zimmermans initial 911 call, he called Trayvon Martin a F**cking Co*n. The recording proves that Zimmermans thought process was influenced by race, which implies that he committed a hate crime and did not act in self defense.
3. Yes, George Zimmerman is a racist. In hopes of saving his son from being characterized as a racist, Zimmermans father, Robert Zimmerman, wrote in a letter to the Orlando Sentinel, that George is a Spanish-speaking minority He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. His family has even pointed out that some of his relatives are black. In his interview with Fox News, Robert Zimmerman said that George is colorblind when it comes to any race, and even mentions that he has mentored two black children. Being a minority doesnt give people resistance from having racist beliefs. The truth of the matter is that anyone is susceptible to being racist regardless of their race. Read the full interview here.
4. Zimmerman was not "screaming" for help. When Robert was asked about the screams for help following the first gunshot in his interview with Fox News, he responded, All of our family, everyone who knows George, knows absolutely that is George screaming. There's no doubt in anyone's mind. Why would George scream for help after the first gunshot? He was the one who pulled the trigger on Martin. It makes more sense that Trayvon would cry for help after being shot at. There is one last gunshot following the cries for help, after which the cries stop. Here is the audio.
5. Zimmerman had no visible injuries. The beating Robert describes that George received from the young boy is severe: Trayvon Martin walked up to him and asked him, 'Do you have a f*cking problem?' George said, 'No, I don't have a problem,' and started to reach for his cell phone ... at that point, he (Martin) was punching him in the nose, his nose was broken and he was knocked to the concrete
Its my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and started beating him. However the police surveillance video of George that night doesnt show any visible injuries. Roberts response to this was, I dont know what the video showed. I havent seen it
He wasnt given any medical attention, but they may have cleaned him up there at the scene. I dont know. Georges injuries would have been evidence of the beating he encountered from Trayvon; why would the police clean George up on his way to questioning? Even the lead investigator that night did not buy Zimmermans story. He wanted to file manslaughter charges against George, but he was overruled by the states attorney.
LOL! You will definitely enjoy that movie. It illustrates your predicament to a tee. It’s streaming on NetFlix, if you have that.
You've never touched a gun, have you?
You've have no training in how to handle an assault, have you?
I can't believe I'm reading you bleatings on FR. This is a pro-2nd, pro-self-defense forum.
FLORIDAS STAND YOUR GROUND LAW Op-Ed: Why I Wrote Stand Your Ground Law
March 26, 2012
Also - Rep. Dennis Baxleys Fox News piece Trayvon Martins alleged attacker not covered under law I wrote.
So why post it?
No, I mis-understood the law, and yes I have handled firearms. From what I first read about the law it was that if a person “felt” their life was in danger, then they have a right to defend themselves. “Felt”? “Feel”?? You cannot put subjective words like that into a law that decides between life and death.
I live in New York city, city of lunatics. If someone has a fear of clowns then they have a right to shoot someone dressed as a clown because they “feel” threatened?
What the law DOES say is if you have a REASONABLE threat against your life, THEN you can stand your ground and shoot.
I mentioned all this because the MSM was using the word “feel” to describe the law to make Zimmerman appear more reckless.
Read my other posts dude.
Would a reasonable person have believed that they were in imminent death or great bodily harm by you walking in the door? (The answer is no, by the way) If not, then the Stand Your Ground law of Florida would not apply. The girl's personal view is also filtered through what a reasonable person would have believed under the circumstances; it's not an 'what did this extremely sensitive idiot believe" law.
However, if you didn't know she was there and you were screaming, at the top of your lungs in time with your iPod, a song with the lyrics "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" as you swung a 34" Louisville Slugger baseball bat that you just purchased from the memorabilia store (it was signed by Will Clark), and you lunged into the ATM, then a reasonable person, given your height and appearance, may have reasonably believed she was in danger of imminent death or great bodily harm. In that case, she could have shot you and then pleaded the Stand Your Ground law.
Yeah, I set up a Parade of Horribles, but it was necessary to make a point.
By the way, in law school, they teach you about gentle giants - and how a 6'10" 400 lb. man may cause a reasonable fear in people even though he would never harm anyone. You've given me no reason to believe you are violent, but given your size, and being bald with a beard and tattoos, you have to accept how people view you. They are going to be more afraid that you could do great bodily harm to them than a 5'6" guy with glasses, a short-sleeve shirt, and a clip-on tie.
That's all part of what a 'reasonable man' (which includes a woman) would think. There's a consequence to tattooing "DIE YOU MOTHERF***ER!" across your forehead (again, an extreme example) and wearing a t-shirt from county correctional if you're 6'8" and work out. And consequences to winning the genetic lottery and simply being born huge. People are going to be more likely to be thinking you mean them harm as you move toward them, and a jury is going to judge that belief as more likely to be reasonable than if it's directed to a 72-year-old guy in a wheelchair.
It's the law. And if you don't like it, remember Dickens: "If the law supposes that, the law is an ass."
When you have a mythological “narrative” that conflicts with all the physical evidence and witness statements, what do you do?
Ignore the evidence until you can paint it all as part of the “conspiracy.”
To let others know?
I'm saying it is completely irrelevant in this case.
Zimmerman needs protection from no such law to use force in the manner he did.
Only because the Republican party is both lazy & spineless . I am convinced that the GOP has decided to become like the European right wing to lazy/cowardly to fight for freedom but instead they will claim that they can run the utterly corrupt nanny state more “efficiently” the the party of Slavery,Socialism & Sodomy (aka the Democrats).
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.