Skip to comments.7 bizarre conspiracy theories that the GOP takes seriously
Posted on 05/10/2013 10:26:10 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Fear peddlers want elected representatives to initiate investigations and draft bills to address fake threats.
Once upon a time, the most outlandish fantasies of fringe political fabulists were confined to a narrow spectrum on the AM radio dial. They concocted delusional narratives that ranged from murderous first ladies to galactic alliances with Martians. It was an entertaining world of fiction and a guilty pleasure for some, even as the true believers were convinced of the frightening fate that was unfolding.
Today, however, the boundaries between rational political discourse and raving madness have been erased. The extremist peddlers of nightmare scenarios who were once thought to be charmingly eccentric at 1am are now advising elected representatives of the people to initiate investigations and draft bills addressing these non-existent threats. Here are just a few of the urban legends that are circulating in the halls of state and federal legislative bodies courtesy of the whack job broadcasting set.
1. The UN Arms Treaty and US Sovereignty The United Nations recently passed an initiative to address the proliferation of illegal arms trading amongst terrorists and rogue nations. As expected, the right-wing Chicken Little Brigade immediately began protesting that this was another attempt to dilute national sovereignty and bring about a one-world government. Of course, there is nothing in the proposal that would infringe on the rights of any nation to set their own standards for gun ownership. The actual resolution explicitly states that countries will exclusively maintain the right within their borders to, regulate internal transfers of arms and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on private ownerships.
This perfectly reasonable attempt to disarm criminals and tyrants was opposed initially by Alex Jones and similar fringe broadcasters.....
(Excerpt) Read more at salon.com ...
I won’t go to Salon.com and give them the hits.
So just from the excerpt, I see that Salon is giving Alex Jones the role as a representative of the GOP. ‘Nuff said.
I love these people, they think we are crazy and in fact they support a system that will shut them down if successful and have them killed. STUPID
Mixed bag. Some are obvious problems (commies, muslims, Benghazi) to anyone with a brain, and some I’m not so sure about (UN arms treaty, the Saudi “student”, govt buying ammo).
Salon, of course. Garbage.
I guess this pinhead didn't watch C-SPAN3 the other day. What a tool.
That’s the trick. Mix in the bona fide scandals with the dubious ones as a way to impugn those pushing investigation of the bona fide scandals.
Oh, and ignore that man behind the curtain.......
I guess when you live on Pluto as those on the left do, Earth seems pretty far out there.
I can never remember: Is it Salon or Slate which is published form inside a mental hospital?
Salon is a liberal site dedicated to the propaganda of Liberalism; first they deny the lies of a Clinton or an Obama. Then, when science or evidence proves the truth and that Clinton or Obama are lying, they say the lie doesn’t matter. They’re like the communist in the 1930s who flipped to whatever position Stalin told them to take. Situational partisan ethics guide them. It’s all about power.
I rest my case.
“Salon is a political liberal and progressive news website, with content updated each day”
No further comment is needed.
But more importantly, the GOP is vastly different than 'conservatism', which has its on branches of difference.
The example of linking Rush, Glenn Beck and Alex Jones as if they are the same. They are different and have their own form of 'right'.
Just part of the ongoing campaign to sully our brand so that others will be afraid to join the Tea Party because they think we’re all a bunch of kooks, nutballs, and potentially dangerous terrorists.
Why do you give them click throughs?
and #9)Bears relieve themselves in sylvan settings.
That particular treaty denies us those rights!
There’s also reason to be concerned about George Soros puppets.
There’s a whole lot of reason to be concerned about Agenda 21.
Voluntary, my ass.
I won’t go to their site but I assume:
No mention of the 9/11 truthers?
No mention of Benghazi.
No mention of TWA800?
No mention of the mass shooting in CT where the left is wondering why some of the people detained are unaccounted for.
The list goes on.
When the left has outrageous conspiracy theories, they’re to be taken at face value but if the GOP does anything like it, then they’re kooks.
9. The National Guard / George Bush memorandum shown by Dan Rather on a CBS News broadcast just before the 2004 election is “fake”.
LOL, those right wing loons!
The DSM is going to bring down Bush. That’s a foregone conclusion.
5. The Most Important Story In History
6. The Government Is Stockpiling Ammunition To Kill Us All
7. And Then Theres Agenda 21
Did Ambassador kind of die...or did he die?
Your links don’t work for me. I get, “Not Found, 404 error.”
1. The UN Arms Treaty and US Sovereignty The United Nations recently passed an initiative to address the proliferation of illegal arms trading amongst terrorists and rogue nations
Bullshit! First damn sentence in his so called “examples” of conspiracy theories and busted already.
For some here that think this is an example of a “conspiracy theory” think about this. There are vast amounts of arms and ammo that are imported from other countries to civilians here in the US. Of course, this treaty would do nothing to affect that. Right?
Salon is a political liberal and progressive news website, with content updated each day”
When you hear the word progressive then just substitute “communist”. My little “conspiracy theory”....
They forgot one....
#8. They believe the White House uses the IRS to Audit and harass conservative groups.
How about Salon uncover 7 bizarre conspiracy theories that were even embraced by top politicos of the Democrat party:
1) Man is causing global warming (Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, etc.)
2) Bush knew in advance about the 9-11 attacks and permitted them to happen (Hillary Clinton, etc.)
3) The rich seek to make everyone poor and collect all of their money (Barack Obama, Harry Reid, etc.)
4) Republicans want parental notification laws when minors seek abortions so that fathers who molest their daughters will know when they are aborting the criminal byproduct of the incestuous assaults.
5) Hunters are stockpiling guns to rampage schools and movie theaters.
6) Christians only support the Jewish state of Israel because they want to bring about the end of civilization and hasten the Second Coming.
7) The Koch Brothers bought Karl Rove’s playbook and are programming all of the political activism on the Right with astroturf organizations.
Salon is still in business? I guess that’s bizarre thing #8.
And the worst of these is number seven. Agenda 21 the culmination of the first six. The Commie agenda for the 21st century.
Whenever I hear the term “Conspiracy Theory” used....the bigger nut job is always the one using the term “Conspiracy Theory”.
Seems when someone cannot prove or disprove something... they throw up Conspiracy Theory
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.