Skip to comments.What About Clinton's "Deep Throat?" - (list of malfeasances as long as the W.H. driveway)
Posted on 06/07/2005 6:48:10 PM PDT by CHARLITE
When I first heard the big news of the unmasking of "Deep Throat," my immediate reaction was: who cares? It isnt just that the whole Watergate brouhaha happened long before I was even born. It was that the whole brouhaha was childs play compared to what would go on in the Clinton White House.
At best, Watergate was a about a second rate breaking and entering, not committed by or with the knowledge of Richard Nixon; one use of executive privilege to slow down the investigation of the break-in for a couple of weeks; and one lie, which wasnt even told under oath. This was more than enough to turn the White House upside down and force a sitting President to resign. And he didnt even break the law.
Compare this to the following felonious behavior, which was enough to impeach a President, but not enough to get him fired or to convince him to resign in disgrace:
- Perjury: Lied under oath about an affair in a sexual harassment trial that was trying to show a continuous pattern of behavior of sexual misconduct and abuse of power.
- Suborning Perjury: Among others, tried to get Monica Lewinsky to lie under oath, and sent a memo to Linda Tripp to forget certain things about Clintons misconduct.
- Trading Jobs for Silence: Former acquaintances of Bill Clinton were mysteriously offered jobs that they were highly unqualified for. Vernon Jordan got jobs for Monica Lewinsky. Kathleen Willey was offered various positions within the White House and given various international appointments.
- Pulling FBI files: Something Nixon took flack for only inquiring about, Clinton actually did. Hundreds of FBI files, dating back to members of the Reagan administration, were mysteriously in the hands of Clintons Chief of Security.
- Lying: Lied to his wife, a jury, and the American people repeatedly and emphatically about everything listed above. Or, rather, he did not recall.
- Selling the White House: Sold coffees with the President and overnight stays in the Lincoln Bedroom, where millions were raised for the Democratic Party in violation of campaign laws.
- More Lying: Lied about affairs and/or inappropriate sexual conduct regarding Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, Kathleen Willey and most likely Sally Perdue and Dolly Browning. Denied the rape allegations of a highly credible Juanita Broderick. There probably would be more, but whistleblowers of this sort dont get the glowing media attention that people who out really insidious people like Richard Nixon or military personnel do.
And that still leaves using the IRS to audit enemies, Travel-gate, Watergate, The McDougals, Webster Hubbel, most of the rest of the Clintons friends winding up with long prison terms, Foster-gate, sketchy campaign contributions from Chinese interests who mysteriously received favorable policy returns, and the general problem of unleashing Hillary Clinton upon the world. And this is just what I remember off the top of my head. Its been awhile.
But looking back, and now with all of this excitement of the news of the courageous Watergate whistleblower, whose name Ive already forgotten, there certainly wasnt this much excitement over Clintons version of Deep Throat, and no, I am not talking about Monica Lewinsky here. In fact, Linda Tripp would quickly be castigated, attacked by the media, ridiculed for her appearance, and sent into the Right Wing Conspiracy Hall of Fame for helping to blow the whistle about the Felon-in-Chief.
Richard Nixon is the Honest Abe of Presidential corruption and imperialism in comparison to Bill Clinton. He was punished far more severely for being far less disgraceful. The Clintons had so perfected being corrupt and getting away with just about anything, and being praised for it no less, that now the Democrats want to put them back in the White House for round two.
A recent poll showed that many people have short-term memory about all of the scandals, lies, and broken laws and that they would even elect the Clinton team to office again. According to the poll, even one-third of conservatives said they would vote for them. But Im guessing they only polled conservatives at the New York Times, the ones that endorsed Bill Clinton the first time around.
About the Writer:Dustin Hawkins is a freelance writer currently residing in Palm Beach County, Florida. He writes a weekly political column and is currently working on his first book. Dustin has a B.A. in Political Science from Florida Atlantic University and is a full-time graduate student working on his Masters in Public Administration (M.P.A.). He spends his spare time working at his full-time job. His favorite political topics are economics, foreign policy, and liberal hysteria. His website is http://www.dustinmhawkins.com.
From descriptions I have heard about certain parts of Bill Clinton's anatomy, I understand it is actually should be refered to as "Bent Throat" and not very deep at all.
Gollywumpers, I wonder if fawning over the pair of lawbreakers at the unveiling of their White House portraits by the President of the oppositon party might have something to do with that memory loss?
Do you suppose the invitation to the sociopath and his wife to frolic at Kennebunkport might contribute to the amnesia?
Do you suppose Hillary's presidential aspirations are enhanced by these unofficial presidential pardons?
I think loyalty runs down as well as up.
So true. Unfortunately, Clinton and his minions were much, much better at burying evidence and silencing witnesses.
Mine, too. That's my continuing reaction as well.
Moanica's already been found out.
At least Clinton got off an appropriate tribute to his legacy:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.