Skip to comments.I'm Flattered, but C'mon!
Posted on 07/02/2005 5:52:24 PM PDT by TheRobb7
If you click on the Downing Street Memo thread,you'll see where I posted a "Eulogy for the DSM".
I first want to thank all those that posted comments here and/or visited my website (link above).
When I recieve responses at my website, however, I don't know if I should be flattered or not.
Why?? It seems that whenever someone leaves a post at my site, it's NEGATIVE.
What follows is an anonymous comment posted after the "eulogy". I was going to actually accept this person's criticism until I saw their 4th point:
"You right wing revisionist historians are so transparent. As a former defense analyst I, and many others, know that the probability that Saddam had WMDs at the time Bush began to clamor for war was very small. We knew it then and said so very loudly. What Madeleine Albright and Clinton said in 1998 is not relevant to the situation in late 2001.
"Here are some facts that you're going to have a hell of a time revising:
1. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.
2. Saddam had no WMDs and plenty of credible analysts said so before Bush's invasion.
3. bin Ladin is still out there in spite of Bush's boasts about hunting down terrorists.
4. Bush has never uttered a true statement since he was inaugurated.
5. The corporate news media is not left wing by any stretch.
6. George Bush didn't serve in Vietnam. Neither did Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, BIll Kristol, or Richard Perle." ------------ So you see my conundrum,right?
Should I be flattered that a wing-nut from the Left found my website and posted their opinion?
I guess that means I'm doing a good job at The Perspective.....right?
Your learned comments, my fellow Freepers, are hereby requested.
Thanks for visiting The Perspective!
>>As a former defense analyst. . .<<
There is a very good reason for the "former" tag, I'm betting.
Be flattered. As I say, you ain't made it 'til you're hated.
He's not a wing-nut. He's a moonbat.
(You just gotta know these things.)
This is a broad statement, and could possibly mean this person is a former high school football coach. Based on their other comments, I have to lean toward this conclusion.
1. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. Perhaps not directly, but he was connected to Al-Qaeda, no one claims he was connected with 9/11
2. Saddam had no WMD... Tell that to the Kurds he gassed. Where did the 2 truckloads of Sarin gas intercepted at the Jordanian border come from?
3. bin Ladin is still out there... Bin Laden idiot. Did you get fired for poor spelling? No one ever positively identified Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac killer does that mean no one was looking for them?
4. Bush has never uttered a true statement... This statement is just moronic and doesn't deserve a reply.
5. The corporate news media isn't left wing... Of course it's all about corporations isn't it? I bet Halliburton owns the media don't they? "The sharpest weapon we have at our disposal is the press" --Joseph Stalin.
6. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al didn't serve in Vietnam... ...but John Kerry did. They all didn't serve in Korea, WWI, the Revolutionary war, and didn't take part in any of the Crusades, so what?
#6 was my favorite.
I never served in Vietnam either - nor the Crusades, WW1 or 2, Civil, Revolutionary, 1812, I don't even remember the Alamo.
I feel like such a failure. I should probably not run for office - because people will find out.
They'll have to find another war hero to run for Home Owner's Association President. I'm too humiliated to run.
....As a former defense analyst....
Thank God for small favors. He is former and there is a reason, he was not a defense analyst, he was an enemy apoligist.
And his a Blog Whore!
(i.e., come over here and read more of my insane ranting...)
I GOT HIM!!
The person who posted at my website IS A TROLL!
I just recieved this e-mail from them:
"Interesting that rather than addressing the above comment, the author of this blog merely carts this comment over to freerepublic to get reinforcement from the echochamber. Interesting and telling."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.