Skip to comments.Guantanamo - Torture Revealed! (SOMEONE ATE MY PEANUTBUTTER! NOT A JOKE!)
Posted on 03/07/2006 9:34:51 AM PST by areafiftyone
Guantanamo - Torture Revealed
Scott Burgess has been combing through the newly released Guantanamo hearing transcripts, uncovering a horror beyond words: Guantanamo - Torture Revealed.
During his time in Guantanamo, Mr. Abbasi (writing in the third person) alleges that he was:
* subject to [unspecified] “mental stress and pressure”
* “willfully misdirected ... to pray north”
* deprived of “comfort items”
* subjected to an [apparently failed] “attempt to withdraw Qur’an”
* able to hear two guards having sex, while they “assumed he was asleep”
* distracted from his prayer by the “sharp intake of breath” of a female MP who’d been “sexually fondled”.
* offered a plate of pork
* the object of a conspiracy “to keep detainee ignorant of detainee’s allotted Tuesday recreation”
* subjected to a “partially successful” attempt to administer injections “under the guise of immunisation”, designed to “unhinge detainee’s mental and emotional stability”
While all of these acts are undeniably horrifying, being on a par with the worst excesses of Torquemada, even their totality pales in comparison with the most extreme of the tortures to which Mr. Abbasi was subjected...
Read the rest, but be warned — it contains a graphic depiction of inhuman abuse.
Oh, the horror!!!!
"Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!"
I know - Jeeze this guy is lucky someone didn't come around with a chocolate bar and bump into him while he ate his peanut butter! Then Bush would be in deep doo doo!
Was he ever told to shut up?
OMG told to "shut up". OH the Humanity! how could you!!
I must admit I am guilty of this offense.
I willfully removed stickers from hotel room furniture indicating the direction of mecca and rotated them 180 degrees. I have done this in almost every hotel room I have stayed in throughout the Middle East and Asia.
I hope you also checked carefully for body lice and bedbugs...
HEY, YOU LEFT OUT CHECKING FOR CAMEL DUNG TOO!!! :0 )
Warning! This is a high-volume ping list.
How the hell would he know??
Who do you think fondled her?
willfully misdirected ... to pray north
LOL! Hes going to hell for sure. But not because hes praying in the wrong direction.
* offered a plate of pork *
These guys want to kill us and we are worried about what they eat?
*shock and consternation*
"We're being constantly accused of torturing the illegal combatants imprisoned at Gitmo, despite the fact that we're not using torture. However, given the constant drumbeat of accusations, I've decided to initiate torture sessions in the hope of deriving useful intelligence that will save the lives of Americans, our allies, and other innocent parties around the world. Because those making the accusations already believe we're guilty, we might as well derive some benefit from their perceptions."
Ok, lets recap, shall we?
1. Sunny Cuba with white sandy beaches
2.3 Hots and Cot, served ala carte (Duck l'orange anyone?)
3.Warm climate year round
4. Excellent health care (better than we taxpayers get)
5.Snappy, stylish, jumpsuits that never go out of style
6.Free Koran and Prayer rug and apparently, babes, too!
After reveiwing the above, I have to ask myself, What the hell am I doing in Saint Louis??!!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.